Notifications
Clear all

Airgent For Acne Scarring

MemberMember
(@tokyogirl)

Posted : 08/13/2013 1:04 am

No_hope,

It is so good to read something positive in your journey. I hope your improvement continues and that you have found the right treatment for your scars! I am excited for you.

Best of luck!

aquasea liked
MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 08/13/2013 4:38 am

I second *Inspired*! I know how it feels to finally see results and the light at the end of the tunnel! xx

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 08/13/2013 8:46 pm

No_hope,

It is so good to read something positive in your journey. I hope your improvement continues and that you have found the right treatment for your scars! I am excited for you.

Best of luck!

thanks inspired! ive been talking about getting airgent done for some time and now it feels good to finally have done it .

I second *Inspired*! I know how it feels to finally see results and the light at the end of the tunnel! xx

trust me it really feels good. for now im just gonna watch the progress and see how things turn out. im getting my second treatment done at the thrid month mark which should be around late oct.

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 08/16/2013 5:06 am

No_Hope, if you don't mind I have a question for you. :)

I'm curious as to whether you've noticed a change in your pore size and the hydration levels in your skin too. This treatment looks excellent for scarring but if I do undertake it I'd like to know whether to have a full face treatment, so even in areas that are not scarred. My pores aren't too bad at all but my skin does get a little dry sometimes and I have a few soft age lines creeping in around my eyes. So if I were to make the 16 hour trip to have Airgent done I'd be able to convince myself much more easily if there was a chance it would improve more than just my scarring, hehe. :D

Did you see any positive changes in your un-scarred areas? Thanks in advance!

MemberMember
(@panos)

Posted : 08/16/2013 10:32 am

Airgent is just a procedure where trauma is being made (maybe with a little more sophisticated style) but still is just trauma.

What is important is to keep a mineral balance within your body so this ''clever trauma'' will translate to healthy healing.

MemberMember
(@onestepcloser)

Posted : 08/16/2013 2:36 pm

Is it a permanent treatment? Is it quite new? I can't find much info on it and we don't have it in NZ, I would have to travel to Australia. Please take photos :)

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 08/16/2013 9:35 pm

Is it a permanent treatment? Is it quite new? I can't find much info on it and we don't have it in NZ, I would have to travel to Australia. Please take photos smile.png

The term permanent is tricky here. It is a pneumatically driven device (so, no needles) that blows a filler solution into your skin. The filler disperses laterally in your skin at high speeds, creating a subcision like effect! So while the filler is temporary the after effects, as your body creates more collagen, are more permanent.

It's hard to find here in Australia too but there is a clinic in Melbourne - Dr Lanzer. He has a pretty good website you can check out. Try searching for both the terms "Airgent" and "EnerJet" as the company changed the device's name. ;) The company is called Perfaction and I think they have their own website too.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 08/17/2013 8:25 pm

No_Hope, if you don't mind I have a question for you. smile.png

I'm curious as to whether you've noticed a change in your pore size and the hydration levels in your skin too. This treatment looks excellent for scarring but if I do undertake it I'd like to know whether to have a full face treatment, so even in areas that are not scarred. My pores aren't too bad at all but my skin does get a little dry sometimes and I have a few soft age lines creeping in around my eyes. So if I were to make the 16 hour trip to have Airgent done I'd be able to convince myself much more easily if there was a chance it would improve more than just my scarring, hehe. biggrin.png

Did you see any positive changes in your un-scarred areas? Thanks in advance!

since i only had my cheeks done it is hard to say, my ice picks did get shallower and i am not sure but i think some enlarged pores have improved on my right cheek. as far as hydration levels im not sure but my cheeks feel more vibrant and firm . the doc told me it works on age lines so you should be in luck.

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 08/18/2013 2:53 am

:) Thanks for the reply! Sounds to me that it'd help greatly with "normal" skin as well as scarred skin. Super happy to hear that it's helped with your ice-pick scarring! That's the trickiest scarring to treat so if you're seeing improvements there then that means hope for other sufferers too!

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 08/24/2013 11:06 pm

it is extremely relieving that i can finally look in the mirror and watch the improvement everyday. im so not used to it lol. i belive airgent is gonna give me my life back

No_Hope! :D Can we probe you for more information? How does your skin fare now? :) I hope you have nothing but good things to tell us.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 08/25/2013 8:46 pm

it is extremely relieving that i can finally look in the mirror and watch the improvement everyday. im so not used to it lol. i belive airgent is gonna give me my life back

No_Hope! biggrin.png Can we probe you for more information? How does your skin fare now? smile.png I hope you have nothing but good things to tell us.

hey there fox! k so its been about 1 month since i had treatment. the results just keep getting better and better. its truly amazing what airgent/enerjet has done to my skin. my scars have became so much more shallower and smaller which is super great progress!. after getting these results im already super exited for my second treatment coming up in october.

so far this technique has delivered very good improvement. with another 2 treatments i predict my scars to have filled and blend in with the rest of my skin which will give me my confidence back i once had in life. i definitely recommend enerjet to anyone with a boxcars and icepicks . Its about time theres finally a machine that can help acne scar sufferers it truly is .

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 08/26/2013 5:50 am

I am genuinely ecstatic for you No_Hope! Maybe your name is wrong, there is hope! :P I'm so glad you have had such an immensely positive experience and I can't wait to hear about how your skin improves further with more treatments. I was hoping that the EnerJet would be as good as it sounds and I'm super glad that it has helped your ice-pick scarring in particular. I don't have ice-pick scarring but from what I have read it seems to be the hardest to treat.

Amazing how much confidence we gain when things actually work! :) xx

no_hope liked
MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 08/26/2013 4:44 pm

thank you fox =). i will be updating my progress with the months to along with my other treatments. its ironic because now i feel i found some hope with enerjet lol.

good luck and if you decide to get enerjet you wont be dissapointed a big thumbs up from me especially if your scarring is located on your cheeks

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 09/03/2013 12:13 am

Wow interesting read.... I have totally overlooked this thread. Doing more research on this device right now.

MemberMember
(@tevez)

Posted : 09/09/2013 1:34 am

How's things no-hope?

There is only 1 place I can find in Australia dr Lanzer in Melbourne does anyone know of any others in Australia? goggle only found 1.

Just found CDC clinic in Victoria Armadale

MemberMember
(@justmeuk)

Posted : 09/09/2013 3:57 am

I found this article which relates to another clinic in the UK that offers this treatment. The thing that puts me off is that he is claiming after four treatments there will be an improvement of more than 100%. How can you have more than 100%?

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/tv/i-hope-cutting-edge-technology-will-end-105093

MemberMember
(@hiddy-cheeks)

Posted : 09/09/2013 4:23 am

I found this article which relates to another clinic in the UK that offers this treatment. The thing that puts me off is that he is claiming after four treatments there will be an improvement of more than 100%. How can you have more than 100%?

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/tv/i-hope-cutting-edge-technology-will-end-105093

Maybe your skin looks better than it did before it was scarred? Yeah right.

MemberMember
(@tevez)

Posted : 09/10/2013 2:08 am

the docs trying to sell the procedure Airgent looks good but yes it's annoying hearing claims of 100% perfect skin.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 09/10/2013 7:11 pm

hey guys time for another update. its 6 weeks post treatment and it looks like the improvement has remained. overall my worst side looks alot better then before. scars appear to be much shallower making the overall appearance better. im currently looking forward for my second treatment in late october.

on the locator it says there are 4 locations in ontario that have it, i wanna make it clear that 1 of the 4 no longer use the airgent machine. they decided not to upgrade the machine. also there is no difference between airgent and enerjet just the name change.

MemberMember
(@djt)

Posted : 09/10/2013 10:31 pm

Going in tomorrow for treatment. I'm optimistic about Airgent, but am realistic about the results.

Either way, I feel it's better to try then not since you'll never know if it'll be effective for you.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 09/11/2013 10:07 pm

Going in tomorrow for treatment. I'm optimistic about Airgent, but am realistic about the results.

Either way, I feel it's better to try then not since you'll never know if it'll be effective for you.

where are you getting this done in canada or europe?

MemberMember
(@djt)

Posted : 09/12/2013 3:09 pm

I had my treatment done in Canada.

So everything went pretty smooth for me. The doctor where I went for the procedure was knowledgable, super nice, and most important of all, compassionate. Treatment took roughly an hour with a total of 160 injections. As far as pain goes, I am farely tolerant so it felt like pin pricks to me. I was told to apply some form of antibotic ointment for the next few days and to keep the area moist.

Now to play the waiting game for the next few months and see if I respond well to this treatment.

I have a question to those who has had Airgent/Enerjet treatment. Did any of you ask what the number setting for the machine represented? And did any of you used some form of retinoid to boost collagen production after a few weeks?

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 09/12/2013 7:12 pm

So everything went pretty smooth for me. The doctor where I went for the procedure was knowledgable, super nice, and most important of all, compassionate. Treatment took roughly an hour with a total of 160 injections. As far as pain goes, I am farely tolerant so it felt like pin pricks to me. I was told to apply some form of antibotic ointment for the next few days and to keep the area moist.

Now to play the waiting game for the next few months and see if I respond well to this treatment.

I have a question to those who has had Airgent/Enerjet treatment. Did any of you ask what the number setting for the machine represented? And did any of you used some form of retinoid to boost collagen production after a few weeks?

where in ontario did you have this done? kingston or brampton?

i didnt ask what setting it was on but when i peaked at the machine it was on setting 8. just eat healthy, have good vitamin intake and apply polysporin to the areas where treated. thats what i did and the results came out nice . the only retinoid i use is retin a micro for spot treatment on pimples

MemberMember
(@djt)

Posted : 09/12/2013 7:24 pm

Neither, I went to the clinic in Perth.

The doctor told me she normally has the setting on 30, but turned it up to 35 for me. So you didn't apply any retinoids to the treated areas? I was recommended not to by the doctor.

i didnt ask what setting it was on but when i peaked at the machine it was on setting 8. just eat healthy, have good vitamin intake and apply polysporin to the areas where treated. thats what i did and the results came out nice . the only retinoid i use is retin a micro for spot treatment on pimples

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 09/15/2013 9:58 pm

Neither, I went to the clinic in Perth.

The doctor told me she normally has the setting on 30, but turned it up to 35 for me. So you didn't apply any retinoids to the treated areas? I was recommended not to by the doctor.

no i did not put retenoids on the treated area