Notifications
Clear all

Sun And Acne Scars Help

MemberMember
(@ms18)

Posted : 05/20/2013 12:05 am

I have some pretty bad Acne scars along with some mild to moderate acne right now, My face is usually pretty red even though i never let the direct sun see my skin for more then a couple minutes. I use a 30 spf moisturizer every morning But today i was working in the sun quite a bit and now my face just feels warm and looks a little more red then normal, i just washed my face and applied my differin and moisturizer for the night like usual and there's no stinging it just feels warm. Did i get a little bit of a sunburn and should i put anything on my face? Will this make my scars appear worse I'm pretty worried about this i've had enough trouble with acne this past year. Thanks

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 05/20/2013 8:00 am

It's no secret that the sun is bad for our skin... you only need 10-15 minutes of sun exposure per day (and not on your face... your hands, your arms, anywhere else instead!) for your body to absorb the vitamin D and good stuff your body needs. So if you're out in the sun for more than 15 minutes then you need to take precautions against getting sunburned.

Sunscreen isn't always enough, wear a hat too!)

To answer your question though I doubt it will make your scarring worse after getting a little pink in the sun recently. You'd need a longer term exposure for you to do irreversible damage. Be gentle with your skin okay? People like us with skin that is very sensitive will find it easy to get burned quickly or easy for our products to irritate our skin. Just keep your face hydrated with a good moisturiser and keep applying that sunscreen. If you're outside for long periods remember to take the sunscreen with you so that you can reapply when needed. Don't skimp on the sunscreen!

Keep being gentle to your face and maybe think about getting an actual sunscreen (not just an SPF moisturiser) when you're out in the sun. The moisturiser is really more for people like me who don't go out in the sun (I work indoors and avoid the sun like the plague). You still need sun protection even indoors as the UV rays can reach you pretty much wherever you are.

So moisturiser plus SPF is for indoors. Real sunscreen is for outdoors, okay?! :)

xx