Notifications
Clear all

No Hope For Me?

MemberMember
(@galaxyapple)

Posted : 04/09/2013 6:37 am

Hi i am 20 years old,

Can someone tell me if what i have are scars/acne or PIH.

And if it can be fixed (what products), i really have no hope for myself because it looks so bad.

post-206416-0-18909100-1365507437_thumb.

post-206416-0-18909100-1365507437_thumb.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/09/2013 9:21 am

did u have big acne in those places?

am sorry whats PIH?

get a closer picture if u can.

MemberMember
(@hjerteress)

Posted : 04/09/2013 4:14 pm

Hello Galaxyapple.

I totally understand how you feel because I have scarring on my shoulders as well. I`m not here to tell you lies that the picture you posted doesn`t look bad. It does, but compared to other people with keloids. I think you are in a good spot.

The clear majority of those scars looks like they are flat, but red. Most keloiders have lumpy big scars which is much worse to treat. What I would suggest to you is to consult a laser clinic. What you need is a laser that removes the redness, aka removes the blood from the surface. Keloid scars have the blood vessels really close to the surface, normal skin does not. That is why normal skin looks like, well normal skin.

What you need is a "PDL laser". It removes the blood, close down the scar, and it will bleak the scars back to normal again. The other keloiders need to shrink their keloids, you just need to remove the redness. The PDL laser may also shrink the keloids some if any of them are a little higher than normal skin. Here in my country we get PDL laser for free if we can prove we have a lot of scars.

So I think your best step is to see someone who treat scars with lasers. PDL might not be the only laser they can try.

Good luck and keep the hope up :)

MemberMember
(@damnlife)

Posted : 04/09/2013 4:39 pm

I think it's hypertrophic scars, they are similar to the ones I have only yours seems to be flatter...

Dunno, over the counter cream, gels etc. simply don't work for me. I came to conclusion that the only way out is cutting them out and letting new scars (smaller, better, less visible) form.

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 04/10/2013 9:52 am

I second HjerterEss with PDL.

PDL(Pulsed Dye Laser ) will get rid of your redness.Look for V-beam Perfecta from Candela is the newest , I'm getting it soon enough.

Cheers.

MemberMember
(@damnlife)

Posted : 04/11/2013 3:47 am

I second HjerterEss with PDL.

PDL(Pulsed Dye Laser ) will get rid of your redness.Look for V-beam Perfecta from Candela is the newest , I'm getting it soon enough.

Cheers.

Beware PDL (Pulse Dye Laser) has only 60% succession (patient satisfactory) , btw I have heard some people saying "PDL didn't do jack shit for me" and "it made my scars even worse"

GL whistling.gif