Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Month 3/4 ( Redness And Scarring) How Much Improvement Will I See?

MemberMember
(@patrickcampbell)

Posted : 01/20/2013 3:46 pm

Acne came out of no where for me destroying all of my confidence. Im usually a strong hearted person who can get through anything but this was the thing that destroyed me for a time. Now im on accutane and its going really well i mean i no longer get spots. Now its redness and scarring i worry about. Id like to know how bad you guys find it and how much improvement ill see. Thank you!

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/gallery/image/48379-nottingham-20130113-02307/

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/gallery/image/48380-nottingham-20130113-02343/

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/gallery/image/48381-nottingham-20130113-02344/

MemberMember
(@farfigschiter)

Posted : 01/21/2013 3:45 pm

You're a stupid little retard.

MemberMember
(@patrickcampbell)

Posted : 01/21/2013 3:52 pm

huh? why?

MemberMember
(@ivyhawk)

Posted : 01/21/2013 9:56 pm

Pay no mind to the people who call you stupid.

I have a similar situation. A couple months ago, Acne blind-sided me as well. It left me with scars under my jaw-line.

The good news is that your scars aren't as bad as mine. The bad news is they are in a more exposed place.

Accutane reduces the amount of oil that your face produces. This won't help your scars, but it can prevent future break-outs.

If I were you, I would switch to something besides Accutane for your scars. However, keep it around since it can prevent more Acne.

Good Luck.

MemberMember
(@patrickcampbell)

Posted : 01/22/2013 3:19 am

Ahh thanks pal :) Yeah i know mine are pretty exposed. I moisturise everyday but i dont really want to do anything else whilst on accutane :) Im really not sure how bad my scars are tbh because there red you know! Like i mean after the redness how noticeable do you think theyll be? Have you got any pictures mate? Thanks a lot same to you!

MemberMember
(@ivyhawk)

Posted : 01/22/2013 10:43 am

Naw, no pics. After the redness they will probably be about 1/2 to 3/4 as noticeable. I actually looked in the mirror this morning and noticed about half of mine have lost the redness. Trust me, it looks allot better. I'm just thankful that I got marks and not scars.

I use AHA and Aveeno (oil free) sunscreen to treat my marks. It might work for you too.

The Aveeno sunscreen has Vitamins A, C, & E. So it will help nourish the skin.

MemberMember
(@patrickcampbell)

Posted : 01/22/2013 11:22 am

Ahh sounds promising! I would say the redness makes it look a lot worse. How bad would you say the scarring is honestly? Ahh im happy for you sounds like your getting your confidence back! Ohh i see would you say the aveeno product contributed to your redness improving quicker?

MemberMember
(@ivyhawk)

Posted : 01/22/2013 2:47 pm

Sorry if the 3/4 has mislead you at all. To put more clearly, it may reduce the appearance of scars by a factor of 1/4 to 1/2 in the given time frame.

To be honest about your scarring, I would rate it at about Moderate.

The aveeno especially helps if the acne scar is still somewhat early in the healing process.