Notifications
Clear all

Scar Development (Pic) And Treaments

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 01/14/2013 8:58 pm

Hey everyone,

I have posted about this awful cyst I had now several times over the last few months.

Well now it seems to have rapidly, almost spontaneously, developed scarring.

It still looks very encapsulated but instead of the skin around it being smooth over the last few weeks it changed.

Now it has grooves around it, it kinda looks like little stretch marks and/or ice pick scars.

Has anyone ever had scars develop this fast; with a tightening around a cyst?

I am thinking I'm going to have to do multiple things to it.

First because the pulling down around it is probably caused by tethered skin underneath I think it will need to be subcised.

There is also the lump which I think needs to be flattened more and I think cortisone and/or 5-FU injections will help with that.

And lastly I think the surface of the skin will hopefully benefit with TCA cross.

I've done a lot of research on scarring but what I'm not sure of is how soon to do it. Also want to know if anyone has had anything that looked like this. I feel like I'm the only one so if someone can give some advice on improvement I'd be so grateful.

I have repeatedly read that the longer a scar sits the harder it is to treat. On the other hand scars usually improve somewhat on their own over time.............but I've never had scarring like this so I'm worried about what to do.

I don't want to make it worse by not treating the scarring while its still soft and easier to treat....................but I also don't want to do something harsh and unnecessary.

I am thinking about having it injected with 5-FU probably either way..............., its a treatment doctors use for scarring and it is supposed to be safer than cortisone.

Where the cyst was/is feels pretty hard and doesn't hurt at all so I think the last shot of cortisone I had killed it and now it is just scarring.

Can anyone offer any wisdom on this? Any experience with a similiar scar and rapid development like that?

I hope my face isn't ruined forever.

Thanks so much

post-148629-0-25502300-1358215021.jpg

post-148629-0-25502300-1358215021.jpg

MemberMember
(@fruitbiscuits)

Posted : 01/15/2013 9:17 am

Is this still an active cyst? Or is this a raised scar?

If this is still active, then you should treat it with derm. I agree cortisone shots might help. Don't forget to moisturize your skin or around the area. Once cyst go away, you can use silicon sheets to flatten the raised area(use at least 3 weeks every night).

For the scar treatment, I suggest you to wait at least 3 months before you start treating it. I know how you feel and you want to treat it asap... But let your skin heal first, so you'll be able to figure out the right treatment for your scar type. Scars will change shapes and get better in time, so it's not necessary to treat them too early(waste of money and time. risk of making it worse...!).

Good luck OP smile.png

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 01/15/2013 11:46 am

Is this still an active cyst? Or is this a raised scar?

If this is still active, then you should treat it with derm. I agree cortisone shots might help. Don't forget to moisturize your skin or around the area. Once cyst go away, you can use silicon sheets to flatten the raised area(use at least 3 weeks every night).

For the scar treatment, I suggest you to wait at least 3 months before you start treating it. I know how you feel and you want to treat it asap... But let your skin heal first, so you'll be able to figure out the right treatment for your scar type. Scars will change shapes and get better in time, so it's not necessary to treat them too early(waste of money and time. risk of making it worse...!).

Good luck OP smile.png

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

The problem with silicone is it's not a raised scar; it only appears that way because the skin is pulled down so much around it.

Doesn't silicone only work on something raised?

Do you personally have any experience with silicone?

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@fruitbiscuits)

Posted : 01/15/2013 12:38 pm

The silicone sheets usually reduce the size and appearance of scars. It's more effective for fresh scars.

I accidentally cut my arm a year ago when I was cleaning my room. I applied them immediately on it for at least a month every night with moistrizer. My scar healed flat and now I can hardly see it.

I thought your had a raised scar...but for indented one I don't think it's helpful. I still suggest you to wait for a few months. Then maybe sub might helps. I don't think TCA cross would do much.

Good luck! :)

MemberMember
(@jbird12)

Posted : 01/16/2013 9:54 pm

Is that lump the cyst? Is that shadowing below the lump or an indention? It kind of looks like it's scarring. I don't know what to suggest other then to let it heal first before doing anything.