Notifications
Clear all

What Causes Rolling Scars That Aren't Tethered? And Will Subcision Work On These Type Of Scars?

MemberMember
(@justmeuk)

Posted : 01/13/2013 11:55 am

Most of my scars are rolling ones that disappear when i stretch the skin out. My derm said that they aren't tethered to the skin so subcision will not be effective. I thought that rolling scars were caused by sking being tethered to underlying tissues so if this isn't the case what is the cause of these rolling scars? Fat loss or something else??

Will subcision work on these type of scars if there is nothing to subcise under the scar? I'm assuming that there will still be some benefit due to the fact that it's causing an injury under the skin and thereby inducing collagen?

I'm due to have my subcision next week and i'm going to combine it with suction. I'm hoping that by prolonging the hematoma under the skin i will be increasing the amount of time that the skin is healing for and i hope i will get a better result. Is this a good idea or would anyone advise against this? I can't find out much about it or anyone else that has done this for non tethered rolling scars so i'm just having to go with what i feel is best which might not necessarily be the best thing to do.

MemberMember
(@houtexjoe)

Posted : 01/13/2013 9:19 pm

I think you're right...it's probably tissue loss...and I believe that subcision can help with that. Do the suctioning too if you can.

MemberMember
(@justmeuk)

Posted : 01/15/2013 5:43 pm

I think you're right...it's probably tissue loss...and I believe that subcision can help with that. Do the suctioning too if you can.

Thanks for your reply. It's just so confusing as everything i've read states that rolling scars are tethered but not all rolling scars are and i've never come across another explanation for what causes them.