Notifications
Clear all

Subcision Nyc Recommendations?

MemberMember
(@screwuacne89)

Posted : 12/11/2012 9:45 am

Hey all!

I am currently shopping around for a good/affordable doctor to perform subcisions in NYC. Any recommendations??

MemberMember
(@awesomenesssquared)

Posted : 12/12/2012 3:13 am

Hi! I am also located in NYC and just finished a second course of accutane due to a sudden cystic acne breakout which left me with (as of now) moderate-severe scarring. I know I am not talking from experience as I have not yet myself done any scar treatments but this is what I gathered form my research, i hope you foind it helpful:

-Orentreich- the doctor who supposedly founded the subcision technique is based in NYC. this is the first doctor I will be visiting for a consultation. I feel like you can't go wrong quality wise with the doctor who founded the technique (although his children took over the practice now I am sure they would know what they are doing). HOWEVEr this option is probably very expensive. I heard consultations are upwards of 400+.

-There was a post here on acne.org who seemed to have success with Dr. Yang. He is a plastic surgeon who performs subcision.

Other good docs to check out in this area are Dr. J Rapaport.and dr. fox (as per this thread: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/170938-my-subcision-treatment-review/ ) although i dont know where dr. fox practices now.

Good luck!