Notifications
Clear all

Got Subcision (Before / After Pics)

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 01/15/2014 6:33 pm

Your skin looks great! Looks like your kind of scarring was perfectly suited for subcision, meaning they were mostly the rolling type with normal skin texture. Thanks for the update.

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 01/15/2014 8:09 pm

yeah dood i'd consider you a normal person now :-)

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 01/15/2014 8:13 pm

Look into another round of subcision - suction with fat grafting as a filler. You should be all set.

MemberMember
(@sverd)

Posted : 01/17/2014 12:29 am

Wow, I am very impressed with the result. Do you think subcision would be effective for ice pick scars? I believe I have a lot of scar tissues underneath my acne scars, which is why I never got good results from laser treatments + Intracel + dermarolling. If you don't mind, could you share who the doctor was please? Also, have you been using any facial products since the procedure?

Lastly, for anybody looking at this post, is alldaychemist.com legit? I am trying to get retin-a online, but owndoc's cost is outrageous. If there are any additional websites that I can order retin-a from, please share. Thanks in advance.

It was performed by Dr. William Staggers. He's done this procedure many times and is thus very skilled.

I've been using rosehip oil on my face the past few months which has had a great effect on skin tone and texture.

MemberMember
(@searching2014)

Posted : 01/18/2014 8:00 am

I want to congratulate you for your wonderful results! and thank you for coming back to update us it really means alot.

MemberMember
(@scartagnan)

Posted : 01/18/2014 9:41 am

Thanks so much for the update. You give people hope.

MemberMember
(@searching2014)

Posted : 01/18/2014 1:23 pm

Thank you for the pictures, you are looking great, you stated in your post with the latest pictures saying "natural daylight" i assume that the picture was taken outdoor under the sky, just wondering if you were under any shelter or was it just the sky above you?

MemberMember
(@kb2000)

Posted : 01/23/2014 6:27 am

Great results!

MemberMember
(@ewenson111)

Posted : 05/10/2014 5:56 am

where are your before pictures?

MemberMember
(@sverd)

Posted : 02/12/2015 8:11 am

Hey all I'm just checking back after a year since my previous post. The results have held up, if anything my skin is smoother than it was one year ago but that may be due to applying rosehip oil everyday, which I also highly reccomend. It's still astounding to me that subcision is a relatively rare procedure performed by doctors, considering how significant the results I got were compared to my disappointing fraxel experience, which if anything did more harm than good. It's crazy looking at old pictures of myself and witnessing the difference a simple thirty minute procedure made.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 02/12/2015 2:04 pm

Glad you came to report results. Congratulations!

MemberMember
(@anewhaven)

Posted : 05/17/2015 9:03 pm

Thanks for coming back, Sverd. I'm looking into this as well. Thank you.

MemberMember
(@holdingontohope)

Posted : 12/19/2015 12:10 am

On January 15, 2014 at 1122 AM, sverd said:

I'm not sure if ice pick scars would beneft because I don't have any. In terms of lumps, the day after subcision it looked like I had golf balls under my skin, but I looked normal within a week. Some of the lumps however took months to go away. They weren't visible, I could just feel them under my skin. I think that lumps are a good thing though, that they're somehow crucial in the process of rebuilding collagen and keeping the scars untethered. Today there is no hardened lumpiness anywhere because they all diminished with time. Here are some pics of my face in natural daylight. Keep in mind you can still see the scars but they're all very shallow. There's no longer any deep shadows when my face is under lighting.

post-38238-0-11012700-1389804014.jpg

post-38238-0-66409800-1389804019.jpg

Any updates? Do you plan on doing it again? 

MemberMember
(@sverd)

Posted : 05/24/2016 6:32 am

On 12/18/2015 at 6:10 AM, holdingontohope said:

Any updates? Do you plan on doing it again?

Hey I don't have a good-quality camera at the moment but my face still looks just as smooth if not better than in those last pictures. One simple round of subcision with no fillers was enough to make this much of a difference, despite the fact that it's considered "outdated" by many doctors who push laser treatments. I was taking Youtheory collagen supplements and vitamin C in the period after the procedure and continue to take them up to this day, which may have contributed to the buildup of collagen during the healing process. I don't plan on doing anything to my face ever again apart from applying rosehip oil everyday, which has helped to improve my skin texture over time. My skin will obviously never be as smooth as a newborn baby's but it doesn't bother me having a bit of roughness to it, I'm just happy that the deep-shadowed craters are gone.

Just to reiterate my subcision was performed by Dr. William Staggers in Fairhope, Alabama.

malia02, t-dawg, Robertitoo and 1 people liked
MemberMember
(@sverd)

Posted : 06/23/2016 5:09 am

pic updates with low-quality phone camera, as you can see the scars are faint when relaxed compared to smiling, but still much less prominent and more shallow compared to before subcision

I think my scars have even improved since a few years ago, they're barely noticeable now >.< I still continue to take youtheory collagen on a daily basis

[Edited image out]

MemberMember
(@seehelp)

Posted : 06/23/2016 5:50 am

Congratz man. I also have some scars look like yours. What was the cost for your subcision treatment? And what is the brand of your rosehip oil. I have heard many people talking about this oil but I am just not sure if it can make any difference. and there are thousands of rosehip oil brand there

MemberMember
(@somethingsomethingagain)

Posted : 06/27/2016 3:30 pm

Sverd, that's a new skin you've got! Would you mind taking a pic under the same light as the initial photos?

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 07/06/2016 7:08 am

Your skin texture is so nice and smooth, and small pores! I'm jealous. Congrats on the subcision results. I like subcision, I haven't had it but it's the only procedure I'd do beyond needling/peels based on the feedback. I need to get me some rose hip apparently, do you have a favorite brand for that?

MemberMember
(@chanooma)

Posted : 05/14/2017 2:13 pm

Thanks for your acne scar treatment
You showed us now i have hope to be better in future

MemberMember
(@loud1g)

Posted : 05/17/2017 12:30 pm

I have a question aboutcollagen supplements) What type of collagen you were taking?

MemberMember
(@sverd)

Posted : 07/03/2017 8:01 am

On 6/23/2016 at 0:50 PM, SeeHelp said:

Congratz man. I also have some scars look like yours. What was the cost for your subcision treatment? And what is the brand of your rosehip oil. I have heard many people talking about this oil but I am just not sure if it can make any difference. and there are thousands of rosehip oil brand there

My memory is foggy but I believe I paid $1500. My rosehip oil brand was Life-flo. Now I just apply regular moisturizer since my face isn't acne-prone anymore.

On 5/17/2017 at 7:30 PM, loud1g said:

I have a question aboutcollagen supplements) What type of collagen you were taking?

Youtheory. It's impossible for me to say how much it helped during the healing process, but it can't hurt.

I want to be clear that this one procedure did not remove my scars 100%. I would estimate a 70-80% improvement on average. They're still visible in certain lightings but in general they're much shallower and fainter now, so it doesn't bother me. Perhaps I'd see even better results if I went for a second round but I feel no need to.

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 07/03/2017 11:11 am

You are an exceptional case. One session of subcision and that much improvement! Thanks for coming back and updating so many years later.