Notifications
Clear all

Got Subcision (Before / After Pics)

MemberMember
(@sverd)

Posted : 12/12/2012 7:59 pm

Thanks all. Does anyone know if I sleep with my face against the pillow it will increase the chances of the scars retethering?

MemberMember
(@readytosmileagain)

Posted : 12/31/2012 12:14 pm

HOLY MOLY! WHAT AMAZING RESULTS!!! YOU MUST BE SO SO HAPPY CONGRATS!!!

Miro liked
MemberMember
(@wezulu92)

Posted : 01/01/2013 11:14 am

very impressed with the results that I see here!! I have almost identical acne scarring from cystic acne and it gives me hope to see that these are the results from a successful subcision!!

MemberMember
(@rentedname)

Posted : 01/11/2013 5:25 am

i can't answer the pillow question but i have personally never heard of this concern from previous subcision patients. AFAIK the best way to prevent retethering is to use a subcision-suction method the next time you perform it or to get temporary fillers after the procedure. sleeping on your face seems quite trivial in comparison...

can you give us a % improvement that you feel you got? ultimately, do you feel better about yourself?

MemberMember
(@451)

Posted : 01/11/2013 11:58 am

Sverd- Great results. Congrats.

Michi31- It is extremely hard to find a doctor that offers many options for scarring. If you make that list please let me know. I have a few names I can contribute from the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

MemberMember
(@sverd)

Posted : 01/15/2013 5:05 pm

can you give us a % improvement that you feel you got? ultimately, do you feel better about yourself?

At least 50% at a minimum. Yes, I no longer feel insecure about my scars. I'm far more social now.

swen and snowflake01 liked
MemberMember
(@sverd)

Posted : 02/27/2013 10:20 am

Checking back in months later, I would say the appearance of my scars has improved slightly even more. The ridge on my right side is hardly visible now. I've been taking vitamin C and youtheory collagen supplements everyday.

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 02/27/2013 10:47 am

great job!

MemberMember
(@ryu87)

Posted : 02/27/2013 6:46 pm

the pic on the left is today after i did the subcision over the weekend and did a scrub today been on retin a 0.1 for 1 month pic on the right is when i started month ago its amazing how the large pores on my nose is dissapearing!

Amazing results Rob! Congratulations!!!

What about the downtime?

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 02/27/2013 9:30 pm

yeah ...honestly the retin a is amazing i can't believe what its doing to my skin ...thank you...i had no downtime ....there was bruising on my skin for a few days but i don't mind going out like that ...i like the rough look

MemberMember
(@parallax-dreams)

Posted : 03/02/2013 2:36 am

yeah ...honestly the retin a is amazing i can't believe what its doing to my skin ...thank you...i had no downtime ....there was bruising on my skin for a few days but i don't mind going out like that ...i like the rough look

Rob, you're making me want to get this stuff now. I passed it off as a "meh" thing when you replied to my stretch mark thread, and now I found my way here and saw your progress pictures - hot damn! I'm excited, it seems Retin-A works wonders. How do you get yours? I don't have insurance right now, so I don't think going to a dermatologist for an rx is going to work.

MemberMember
(@jonathan71)

Posted : 06/29/2013 7:55 pm

Your results look really good. I live in Birmingham, Alabama and I've been trying to find a doctor that can perform the subcision treatment for such a long time now. What's the name of your doctor and the office that you went to in Fairhope? I'd be willing to give it a shot even though it would be a long distance to go for me.

Also, did you have to schedule a consultation first? And how much did your treatment cost? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

MemberMember
(@sverd)

Posted : 07/18/2013 1:07 pm

Hi all I'm just reporting back to say that if anything my scars have gotten better over time. It's amazing to me the results after one treatment of subcision, and even more amazing that it was so hard to find a doctor that did it since the procedure is considered "outdated" even though I got far better results from one subcision than Fraxel Repair.

Your results look really good. I live in Birmingham, Alabama and I've been trying to find a doctor that can perform the subcision treatment for such a long time now. What's the name of your doctor and the office that you went to in Fairhope? I'd be willing to give it a shot even though it would be a long distance to go for me.

Also, did you have to schedule a consultation first? And how much did your treatment cost? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I messaged you. For anyone else wondering I had the subcision done in Alabama and it was $1500 for both sides of my entire face. I know this price is high but I had huge surface areas to cover and my surgeon was very skilled so I don't regret it.

swen and john_vegas liked
MemberMember
(@sverd)

Posted : 01/13/2014 10:13 pm

Just checking back in over a year later. The results are phenomenal. I'd estimate at least 70% improvement to my cystic scarring at a minimum. The before pictures I posted don't show how bad it truly was. Now my scars are hardly visible in even the most severe lighting. I never expected one round of subcision to achieve these results. Also, I think taking vitamin C and collagen supplements in the weeks after helped regenerate tissue.

SaraTheGerman, swen, snowflake01 and 5 people liked
MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 01/13/2014 10:47 pm

You're an AMAZING PERSON for checking back man. I got shivers in my back from reading this!! Could you maybe post a picture :D?

swen and snowflake01 liked
MemberMember
(@mr-matt)

Posted : 01/13/2014 10:53 pm

Just checking back in over a year later. The results are phenomenal. I'd estimate at least 70% improvement to my cystic scarring at a minimum. The before pictures I posted don't show how bad it truly was. Now my scars are hardly visible in even the most severe lighting. I never expected one round of subcision to achieve these results. Also, I think taking vitamin C and collagen supplements in the weeks after helped regenerate tissue.

Congratulations on your success and thanks for following up on your status.

MemberMember
(@u1971)

Posted : 01/14/2014 3:31 am

I have a question, if you don't mind. Do you feel lumps or slightly hardened tissue under the spots where you had the scars? I mean, when you rub your fingers on your skin do you feel as if you had some sort of filler applied under the scars?

Thanks in advance and congratulations! Few people come back to report long-term results. If some kind of divine justice exists I'm sure you'll be rewarded one day.

MemberMember
(@cherrysoda08)

Posted : 01/14/2014 5:07 pm

Congratulations on the results. I'd love to see your pics from a year later!

MemberMember
(@dscully)

Posted : 01/14/2014 6:36 pm

I am not familiar with this procedure, but it really is an amazing difference! I will recommend it to my brother who has the exact same scarring on his cheeks!

For boosting collagen production: consuming organic gelatin has helped me very much to improve my skin's elasticity and plumpness (like springing back, I guess?) and healing since my acne has gone away, though I only have one dented scar on my face and that is from the chicken pox... everything else was very superficial. I also got a friend of mine who is a relatively recent amputee eating it, and his scarring is much cleaner and has started to blend in with the rest of the skin. I highly recommend it in general, and I don't want to advertise for the brand, so just look for unflavored gelatin. You can't eat too much of it. It's essentially pure protein, and can be added to just about anything hot and liquid. I add it to soups, but have also used it for jello shots. It's very versatile!

MemberMember
(@aurevoir771)

Posted : 01/15/2014 12:15 am

Wow, I am very impressed with the result. Do you think subcision would be effective for ice pick scars? I believe I have a lot of scar tissues underneath my acne scars, which is why I never got good results from laser treatments + Intracel + dermarolling. If you don't mind, could you share who the doctor was please? Also, have you been using any facial products since the procedure?

[Redacted]

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 01/15/2014 9:35 am

I have this from my subcision - it is scar tissue that formed as a result of the injury. It looks bumpy and I'm not pleased with the results overall because of it. It has been 6 months since my procedure, so at this point I'm not sure massage will be of much more use. Have you had issues with this?

I have a question, if you don't mind. Do you feel lumps or slightly hardened tissue under the spots where you had the scars? I mean, when you rub your fingers on your skin do you feel as if you had some sort of filler applied under the scars?

Thanks in advance and congratulations! Few people come back to report long-term results. If some kind of divine justice exists I'm sure you'll be rewarded one day.

MemberMember
(@sverd)

Posted : 01/15/2014 11:40 am

I'm not sure if ice pick scars would beneft because I don't have any. In terms of lumps, the day after subcision it looked like I had golf balls under my skin, but I looked normal within a week. Some of the lumps however took months to go away. They weren't visible, I could just feel them under my skin. I think that lumps are a good thing though, that they're somehow crucial in the process of rebuilding collagen and keeping the scars untethered. Today there is no hardened lumpiness anywhere because they all diminished with time. Here are some pics of my face in natural daylight. Keep in mind you can still see the scars but they're all very shallow. There's no longer any deep shadows when my face is under lighting.

post-38238-0-11012700-1389804014.jpg

post-38238-0-66409800-1389804019.jpg

swen and u1971 liked
MemberMember
(@u1971)

Posted : 01/15/2014 12:00 pm

I have this from my subcision - it is scar tissue that formed as a result of the injury. It looks bumpy and I'm not pleased with the results overall because of it. It has been 6 months since my procedure, so at this point I'm not sure massage will be of much more use. Have you had issues with this?

When I had subcision done I had those lumps under my skin. Two months after the procedure I went back to the doctor and he injected something into them (I don't remember what) and a few days later the lumps disappeared. The lumps were not my only concern. The treated areas were still dark purple two months after the procedure, so I knew something was wrong. I was his first subcision patient and, of course, that doctor didn't dominate the right technique.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 01/15/2014 12:34 pm

Your face loooks SOOOOOO MUCH better. :))

MemberMember
(@cherrysoda08)

Posted : 01/15/2014 2:21 pm

The ice pick scar near my chin improved a lot from subcision. In terms of lumps, the day after subcision it looked like I had golf balls under my skin, but I looked normal within a week. Some of the lumps however took months to go away. They weren't visible, I could just feel them under my skin. I think that lumps are a good thing though, that they're somehow crucial in the process of rebuilding collagen and keeping the scars untethered. Today there is no hardened lumpiness anywhere because they all diminished with time. Here are some pics of my face in natural daylight. Keep in mind you can still see the scars but they're all very shallow. There's no longer any deep shadows when my face is under lighting.

Again, congratulations! Those are wonderful results. :)