Notifications
Clear all

The Confusing Scar

MemberMember
(@foreverandpatience)

Posted : 11/28/2012 10:26 pm

Okay, so I found a picture of a scar similar to the one one my forehead. Except mine is a lot softer, and not pink like hers. http://www.locateadoc.com/pictures/scar-revision-scar-repair-c31169

It shows the edges much like that though.

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 11/29/2012 3:45 pm

Your scar is so shallow, I wouldn't really consider it a real scar. It's almost invisible, and since you're young it will probably disappear on its own. I agree with Inspired's advice to go to a derm and focusing on treating your acne (and no more picking your skin) to prevent scars. Your skin looks fine. smile.png

MemberMember
(@foreverandpatience)

Posted : 12/06/2012 3:06 pm

What do you guys think about this statement I found on RealSelf?I know everything should be taken with a grain of salt... but its given me some hope since my scars arent deep.

"Don't expect much from Retin A except if scars or wrinkles are extremely shallow

The effect of Retin A is superficial, and the changes that are seen are primarily epidermal. Therefore the only scars that can be improved would be those that are extremely shallow. The depth of your acne scars must first be evaluated once determined the proper treatment depth can be performed. If the scars are deep then there are alternatives such as TCA peel, dermabrasion, laser resurfacing and subcision."

And have any of you used Retin-A?

MemberMember
(@tricia)

Posted : 12/06/2012 11:46 pm

I have recently been using refissa .05 cream. It has been making a nice difference on the texture of my forehead. I have been spot treating my scars on the rest of my face as well, but kind of early to tell on that. I don't get much active acne anymore, so the creamy texture doesn't cause acne, but not sure if would for oily skin types. It is surprising gentle for a retinoid cream.

MemberMember
(@foreverandpatience)

Posted : 12/08/2012 4:34 pm

I have recently been using refissa .05 cream. It has been making a nice difference on the texture of my forehead. I have been spot treating my scars on the rest of my face as well, but kind of early to tell on that. I don't get much active acne anymore, so the creamy texture doesn't cause acne, but not sure if would for oily skin types. It is surprising gentle for a retinoid cream.

Hmm. What kind of scars do you have?

MemberMember
(@tricia)

Posted : 12/08/2012 5:43 pm

I was your pic of your forehead, and my own is not so far off. I think the cream could help you if you use it long term. I have some scars in between rolling and boxcar they basically look like deeper chicken poc type scars. I think needling combined with the cream could help me. I have also been trying 12.5% TCA on them and it does help tighten the skin some.

MemberMember
(@foreverandpatience)

Posted : 12/08/2012 7:17 pm

I was your pic of your forehead, and my own is not so far off. I think the cream could help you if you use it long term. I have some scars in between rolling and boxcar they basically look like deeper chicken poc type scars. I think needling combined with the cream could help me. I have also been trying 12.5% TCA on them and it does help tighten the skin some.

Do you know if I were to use this and these things get better if I were to stop they'd come back? I have this mark thing on my forehead and I think it could be improved. I dont know if its a scar. Its level from what I can tell.

MemberMember
(@tricia)

Posted : 12/08/2012 7:20 pm

Not sure, but I would think you could stay on a retinoid forever, it is good for anti-aging. It is basically vitamin A. Just don't tan with it, because it makes you burn easier. And when you are pregnant you can't be on it.