Notifications
Clear all

19 Year Old With Terrible Acne Scarring

MemberMember
(@theoneandonly)

Posted : 03/15/2012 8:44 am

I am looking for cross in Toronto but no doctor will do it and the all recommend laser

MemberMember
(@lovegreensmoothies)

Posted : 03/15/2012 1:09 pm

That's a shame. Not a lot of md's do cross, you have to really look. Maybe someone from CA will come along and tell you of a local one that does.

MemberMember
(@theoneandonly)

Posted : 03/15/2012 9:13 pm

Does anyone know any good tca cross surgeons in Ontario??

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 03/15/2012 9:51 pm

I think you will be disapponted with non-ablative CO2.

MemberMember
(@theoneandonly)

Posted : 03/16/2012 4:02 pm

I think you will be disapponted with non-ablative CO2.

Why do you say that?

MemberMember
(@lovegreensmoothies)

Posted : 03/16/2012 5:01 pm

He's right. It doesn't do much (if anything) for acne scarring.

MemberMember
(@theoneandonly)

Posted : 03/16/2012 5:10 pm

I might as well give up then because everyone is teling me to get laser

MemberMember
(@lovegreensmoothies)

Posted : 03/16/2012 5:47 pm

No, you can find someone to give you cross or excision. The thing with excision is it will leave another scar, usually a line scar which is less obvious. You would need a Plastic surgeon to do that.

You can get cross done in NYC if you are willing to travel. Maybe there's someone closer, like in new england who does it.

I just looked at your pics again and I wouldn't recommend excision. They aren't deep enough. You could actually start out with dermarolling. I don't advocate that for self use, but if there truly are no mds nearby, and you absolutely can't make it to NYC, you can try that on the scarred areas. You would need to really research it and talk to people on here who did it so you know what you're doing. It would need to be sterile and done right. I'd get a new roller each time just to be on the safe side. There's a big thread on that here, so you may want to read that.

MemberMember
(@theoneandonly)

Posted : 03/16/2012 6:09 pm

Can I do cross on myself. The doctor who does cross told me that my scars are boxscars and cross won't work and that because of my dark skin it will leave a mark

MemberMember
(@lovegreensmoothies)

Posted : 03/16/2012 6:22 pm

If they're boxscars, then cross isn't that effective on them. Excision works for boxscars. Some people have done cross on themselves. You have to be VERY careful, because it's 100% acid, so you can make the scars wider and deeper because it's full on acid. You may want to get some PS consults for excision.

MemberMember
(@theoneandonly)

Posted : 03/16/2012 6:46 pm

My boxcars on my temples are so tiny that it looks like icepicks but when looked at closely, they are boxscars not icepicks lol. I am going to try to get a consultation with a Plastic surgeon in Toronto. Any reccomendation?

MemberMember
(@lovegreensmoothies)

Posted : 03/16/2012 6:52 pm

No recommendations. I live in the US.

I wonder if they're too small for excision....I'm not too versed on excision so I am not sure. Maybe someone will come along who knows more about very small boxscars.

MemberMember
(@thehoper)

Posted : 03/21/2012 1:17 am

your scars aren't bad at all, it's crazy you think they are so bad. I have what you have plus some scars on my jaw. Aloe Vera right from the plant works, but doesn't seem to work long lasting. The scars will come back, but if you keep doing the aloe vera you can get them to be unnoticeable.

MemberMember
(@nelo18)

Posted : 03/21/2012 6:57 pm

I might as well give up then because everyone is teling me to get laser

non ablative lasers dont do anything for pitted scars. look in to ematrix, i hear thats good for dark skin. Im for sure giving that a try when im done with tane

your scars aren't bad at all, it's crazy you think they are so bad. I have what you have plus some scars on my jaw. Aloe Vera right from the plant works, but doesn't seem to work long lasting. The scars will come back, but if you keep doing the aloe vera you can get them to be unnoticeable.

and dont listen to this guy. aloe vera doesnt do shit for pitted scars. or mederma. save ur money

MemberMember
(@theoneandonly)

Posted : 03/21/2012 8:04 pm

I think what he means is aloe vera makes you skin look softer. I cannot find anyone who does e-matrix in Toronto.. all do pro fractional which i am not down for. I am going to try dermatstamping..

MemberMember
(@thehoper)

Posted : 03/21/2012 8:48 pm

Lol how can you say aloe vera doesn't work for anyone? That's incredibly shallow minded. Aloe vera works for many people, it can help the scar tissue rejuvenate. I have shallow scars on my temples, and aloe vera has rid them 80% if not more you wouldn't notice them now unless I pointed them out to you or in bright light. Aloe vera will also get rid of red marks. Split the plant and rub the goo into the area, go from slower to faster, and rub for at least 10 minutes once a night. Does wonders.

MemberMember
(@theoneandonly)

Posted : 03/21/2012 9:16 pm

what brand of aloe vera do you use?

MemberMember
(@nelo18)

Posted : 03/21/2012 9:34 pm

Lol how can you say aloe vera doesn't work for anyone? That's incredibly shallow minded. Aloe vera works for many people, it can help the scar tissue rejuvenate. I have shallow scars on my temples, and aloe vera has rid them 80% if not more you wouldn't notice them now unless I pointed them out to you or in bright light. Aloe vera will also get rid of red marks. Split the plant and rub the goo into the area, go from slower to faster, and rub for at least 10 minutes once a night. Does wonders.

here's the evidence.

"There is no real evidence that aloe vera (Aloe barbadenis) helps the skin in any significant way. An article in the British Journal of General Practice (October 1999, pages 823828) stated that Topical application of aloe vera is not an effective preventative for radiation-induced injuries. Whether it promotes wound healing is unclear. Even though there are some promising results, clinical effectiveness of oral or topical aloe vera is not sufficiently defined at present. There is research indicating that isolated components of aloe vera, such as glycoprotein, can have some effectiveness for wound healing and as an anti-irritant (Sources: Journal of Ethnopharmacology, December 1999, pages 337; Free-Radical Biology and Medicine, January 2000, pages 261265; and British Journal of Dermatology, October 2001, pages 535545). However, when mixed into a cosmetic product, it is doubtful those qualities remain, although it may still play a role in binding moisture to skin (Source: Skin Research and Technology, November 2006, pages 241246).

In pure form, aloe veras benefits on skin are probably its lack of occlusion and the refreshing sensation it provides. Aloe serves as a water-binding agent for skin due to its polysaccharide (complex carbohydrate) and sterol content. (An example of a sterol thats beneficial for skin is cholesterol) Although research has shown aloe also has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antibacterial qualities, no study has proven it to be superior to other ingredients with similar properties, including vitamin C, green tea, pomegranate, and many other antioxidants (Source: www.naturaldatabase.com)."

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/cosmetic-ingredient-dictionary/definition/69/aloe-vera.aspx

like i said, aloe vera doesnt do anything. bet u feel stupid for getting splitting a plant and rubbing it on ur face for 10min every night. hahaha

MemberMember
(@thehoper)

Posted : 03/21/2012 9:41 pm

lmao and yet I have almost a scar free face thanks to aloe vera. "Professionals" also say to smother your face in BP and ridiculous chemicals to "help" your problem. I don't need foolish people who can't see the clear benefits of the PLANT, I never said product, as it shows most man made products are garbage, I stick to mother nature.

MemberMember
(@theoneandonly)

Posted : 03/21/2012 10:00 pm

thehoper, where do u get your aloe vera??

MemberMember
(@thehoper)

Posted : 03/22/2012 1:12 pm

From my local nursery. I got a big plant for 10 bucks. And since I'm in AZ where the sun never goes down, it just keeps growin and growin! No product in the world will ever do so much for ya for 10 bucks lol. But yeah most nurseries should have them... remember there are different strains of aloe vera, you have to get the medicine strain. At the nursery I go to they had a big lot of aloe plants, and a portion of them had the medical sticker on them saying they were for medical use. I'm tellin ya this stuff is fuckin magic, has made my life so much easier. Again I just break a piece off, split it, then rub.

MemberMember
(@nofx619)

Posted : 03/23/2012 4:28 pm

Lol there aint nothin wrong with ur face mark henry. Leave this vwebsite. Its fr true acne scarring sufferers who contemplate suicide becz we dn have 3 grand to pay fr a fuken laser sess..

MemberMember
(@havefaith)

Posted : 03/23/2012 10:46 pm

thats disrespectful... i think u should leave the site nofx

and oneandonly... to me it doesnt look that bad... like someone said - mild-moderate

Still sucks, I know but... what can u do...

Time by itself can fix a lot

why dont u try TCA on another part of your body and see what that does, and if it works maybe try on some spot on your face, and if that works, do it with the others.

and needling would probably help as well... You can take aloe vera and mix with vitamin C.. and maybe some rosewood oil or lavender oil, emu oil, or another vitamin rich oil... put that stuff on your face before sleeping.. It may even make your skin peel if u leave it on for more than 24 hours... an the peeling is more gentle than chemical

MemberMember
(@theoneandonly)

Posted : 03/25/2012 10:51 am

I do not like puttin oils on my face I break out. I am going to see some mmore dermatologists/plastic surgeons and then if nothing good comes out of it I will either do retin-a or needling.

MemberMember
(@thehoper)

Posted : 03/26/2012 12:48 am

see a plastic surgeon if thats the route your gonna go, derms are useless for scars.