Notifications
Clear all

Change my life

MemberMember
(@frankie-bond)

Posted : 09/09/2011 2:18 pm

These pictures aren't recent as you can see from the post, it's been nearly a year since these photos were taken, but i'll be glad to upload more recent pictures tomorrow. My acne has diminished, but i still have a pimple here and there. Cystic acne is no longer a problem for me, I was doing a bit of research and subcision seems like the optimum thing to do. Although a year has passed my scars still look very similar so what do you guys recommend for me based on my scars?

P.S your help would be very much appreciated.

Much Love, Frankie

The password to this Album is : Wanted2

http://s280.photobucket.com/albums/kk167/frankiebond/Face/

post-104338-1315595913_thumb.jpg

post-104338-1315595913_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@frankie-bond)

Posted : 09/10/2011 8:00 pm

anyone?

MemberMember
(@frida-k)

Posted : 09/10/2011 9:57 pm

Hi Frankie,

I think the reason for no replies is well no-one really has an answer for you.

There is no smoking gun unfortunately - likewise people will respond to different treatments in different ways.

From what I have seen, the most instant success has been achieved with dermal fillers, and I think $500 would be ample to get it done at least once. (as with everything some people have had no success either - search the boards for members who've posted about it)

Unfortunately, my only real advice to anyone looking for scar treatments is Research it yourself. We can offer suggestions but at the end of the day you know your skin better than anybody, and its your money.

Good Luck.

MemberMember
(@frankie-bond)

Posted : 09/10/2011 10:20 pm

Hi Frankie,

I think the reason for no replies is well no-one really has an answer for you.

There is no smoking gun unfortunately - likewise people will respond to different treatments in different ways.

From what I have seen, the most instant success has been achieved with dermal fillers, and I think $500 would be ample to get it done at least once. (as with everything some people have had no success either - search the boards for members who've posted about it)

Unfortunately, my only real advice to anyone looking for scar treatments is Research it yourself. We can offer suggestions but at the end of the day you know your skin better than anybody, and its your money.

Good Luck.

Thank you I will take your words in consideration. I'll start looking around now and figuring things out. Thank you so much for you reply it means a lot. I just posted this up hoping for someone that had similar scars and a similar skin tone to mine that had some success with something. Thank's again though appreciate it.

MemberMember
(@roller)

Posted : 09/12/2011 3:49 am

Hey Frankie,

She's absolutely right. We're all in the same boat trying to look for solutions. The level of scarring does not matter as much... the challenge of finding the right treatment and doctor is nearly the same.

With a $500 budget, you can start with self dermarolling or dermastamping combined with LED therapy. Look for a thread by Lamarr on this. this is actually effective if you are dedicated enough. And you probably won't be down for very long, which you will need being a college student.

Subcision + PRP is a good low budget solution and alot safer than the more expensive laser treatments as well

Here are the price quotes for MC medical group in Canada.

- PRP + MTS [Platelet-Rich-Plasma with MTS(=rolling) application]: $600+tax, 2.5hours

Dr.Choi can do subcision. As you said, he is really good at it. We charge for time as below;

- Office Minor Surgery, 30 minutes ($250+tax)

- Office Minor Surgery, 60 minutes ($400+tax)

Acne scar treatment cost $$$. Part of the challenge of this journey is disciplining yourself financially. Just remember.... material things can only do so much. if you're like me, the value of having "normal" skin is much more than anything you can buy. I hope that helps.

MemberMember
(@frankie-bond)

Posted : 04/30/2012 12:58 pm

Hey Frankie,

She's absolutely right. We're all in the same boat trying to look for solutions. The level of scarring does not matter as much... the challenge of finding the right treatment and doctor is nearly the same.

With a $500 budget, you can start with self dermarolling or dermastamping combined with LED therapy. Look for a thread by Lamarr on this. this is actually effective if you are dedicated enough. And you probably won't be down for very long, which you will need being a college student.

Subcision + PRP is a good low budget solution and alot safer than the more expensive laser treatments as well

Here are the price quotes for MC medical group in Canada.

- PRP + MTS [Platelet-Rich-Plasma with MTS(=rolling) application]: $600+tax, 2.5hours

Dr.Choi can do subcision. As you said, he is really good at it. We charge for time as below;

- Office Minor Surgery, 30 minutes ($250+tax)

- Office Minor Surgery, 60 minutes ($400+tax)

Acne scar treatment cost $$$. Part of the challenge of this journey is disciplining yourself financially. Just remember.... material things can only do so much. if you're like me, the value of having "normal" skin is much more than anything you can buy. I hope that helps.

Thank you! I'll be looking at all of this now. It's been a while, I haven't done anything about my scars. It's time to take action. Thank you once again. Your help is appreciated.

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)
MemberMember
(@under-the-radar)

Posted : 05/01/2012 8:56 am

Hey Frankie Bond.

I'm a guy who also has scarring, but let me tell you something straight out (and I'm not gay)...... i really think your scars give you a really defined look about yourself. Even though you have the scarring, I think once that active acne goes away that scarring will really add to your distinguished looks, in a very positive way. Some people are able to get away with some scarring and make it look quite attractive and I think you are one of the lucky ones.

Your skin texture is still fresh and good, keep it that way and really think twice before applying chemicals and/or lasers onto it. The scars will probably not respond to any treatments like these so protect your skin above all else.

Wait until the acne has gone and then reassess your options. But I'm telling you straight out man......... even though they may be hard for you to live with, from an outsiders perspective they give you some decent street cred (to put it that way) and also a very unique and distinguished edge.

All the best!

MemberMember
(@oopli)

Posted : 05/01/2012 8:05 pm

I agree with UTR, they dont look that bad and the texture of your skin is still in good shape. If you really want to get rid of the acne just take accutane. Also your skin tone will limit the things you can try like lasers, but subcision and fillers would likely work well. I had silicone which gives you great filling for deep scars, but it left me with some uneveness which may or maynot resolve, but still i think its better than having deep dents.

MemberMember
(@frankie-bond)

Posted : 11/25/2012 2:45 am

Hey Frankie Bond.

I'm a guy who also has scarring, but let me tell you something straight out (and I'm not gay)...... i really think your scars give you a really defined look about yourself. Even though you have the scarring, I think once that active acne goes away that scarring will really add to your distinguished looks, in a very positive way. Some people are able to get away with some scarring and make it look quite attractive and I think you are one of the lucky ones.

Your skin texture is still fresh and good, keep it that way and really think twice before applying chemicals and/or lasers onto it. The scars will probably not respond to any treatments like these so protect your skin above all else.

Wait until the acne has gone and then reassess your options. But I'm telling you straight out man......... even though they may be hard for you to live with, from an outsiders perspective they give you some decent street cred (to put it that way) and also a very unique and distinguished edge.

All the best!

I've never really heard that from anybody, but it surely makes me feel better about myself. Years have passed and I haven't done anything about this, but I work now so I can afford to do something. Thanks for the reassuring comments

I agree with UTR, they dont look that bad and the texture of your skin is still in good shape. If you really want to get rid of the acne just take accutane. Also your skin tone will limit the things you can try like lasers, but subcision and fillers would likely work well. I had silicone which gives you great filling for deep scars, but it left me with some uneveness which may or maynot resolve, but still i think its better than having deep dents.

What do you mean by my skin tone limiting the things I can do about my scars? I've been thinking about subcision, but I feel the need to do more research about it.

Anyways those are outdated pictures, I'll update my pictures sometime this week. Thanks you once again