Appointment Booked With Dr Khan In London

MemberMember
(@jacno)

Posted : 11/03/2011 12:42 am

so hows the progress?

MemberMember
(@justmeuk)

Posted : 04/10/2012 11:41 am

Just discovered this thread and wondered how you were getting on?

MemberMember
(@amabel0025)

Posted : 12/14/2012 1:59 pm

you can ask him the questions if you want, but i think my question is flawed.

Whether stem cells are adeqaute or not should be case by case basis. For some it might be adequate, for others it might not be.

Who are you? Some kinda doctor? You

seem to ask a lot of questions but don't give answers. Why would you talk about the guys pink tie???? Weird.

Kristabel has an appointment with the most infamous doctor mentioned on this board and no one has any questions for the man?

I'll take a shot if you don't mind smile.gif.

First of all, ask him what options you have and what he thinks is best for your condition. Ask him about the risks associated with each one. I'd go with the one with the less riskier options. He will probably recommend you laser + recell. Less risky would probably be stem cell + recell.

Re-Cell is probably the least invasive of all the options you have. The only thing invasive about Re-Cell is taking a biospy sample of your skin. For the most part, it is simply a spray-on treament onto your wounds. I have a Re-cell thread if you search for it.

I have a few VERY important questions regarding his Stem Cell treatment that I would love to know the answer to.

Just a quick overview of the procedure:

Fat tissue (Adipose) is extracted from either your abdomen or your thighs through liposuction. Stem cells are then separated from the fat tissue and then recombined with the good fat tissue in less quantity, so there is a higher concentration of stem cells per cm2 (area) when re injected into your skin.

What is important to know is that there are a few ways to go about this. You can technically inject the stem cells alone OR combine them with the better fat tissue for fat graft/stem cell combo. Although fat grafting alone has produced good results in the past, alot of times 20-90% of the fat gets reabsorbed into the body rendering the procedure less effective. Stem cells are said to improve the retention rate of fat graft ... however this has not really been scientifically documented and at the same time, you need an adequate amount stem cells per fat tissue to even matter.

To improve the quantity of stem cells (potency of treatment) you can culture the stem cells to increase quantity, and this will probably take a week in a lab. Then recombine with good fat for a potent injection. Dr. Khan has done this before and I believe he used a lab in Cambridge for culturing.

However, he has since acquired a very expensive machine called the Cytori Cellution to perform stem cell extraction in house. Here's the CATCH most people don't realize. The Cellution machine DOES NOT culture stem cells. However, he can process your fat and stem cells and reinject the same day.

Here's the million dollar question: How can the Cellution machine produce a stem cell potent treatment, if it does not culture stem cells? What is it about the process that makes it so special other than being able to extract the good fat in-house and recombine with stem cells?

His answer will probably be... when combining the stem cells with a smaller amount of the good fat, you create a higher concentration per cc of stem cells. This is true, however, is it ENOUGH stem cells for the entire procedure? Unless you are getting ALOT of fat liposucked out of you, its seems unlikely.

Ask him how much fat is he planning on extracing from your body. Typically its around 200cc of fat tissue. It has been scientifically documented that fat tissue yields roughly only 1-5% of stem cells. So for every 200 cc extracted from your body, you get roughly 2-10 cc of stem cells. Unless you are getting more cc's of fat extracted from you, I don't see how the injection can be stem cell potent, without culturing. I would love to hear his explanation on this.

And ask him...if you requested to have the stem cells cultured, would he be willing to do it? He might try to give you a half ass excuse.... "oh most of the stem cells will be dead by the time it gets to you, it's not a good idea." This all depends on the skills of the applicator, not the culturing and delivering process itself.

Present yourself seriously and firmly. Don't be intimidated by his pink tie smile.gif. show him that you are knowledgeable and give him the perception that money is not an issue. Only results.

I'm assuming your consultation is not free. If you can get me a real solid answer to these questions, I will paypal you $100 smile.gif. Good luck.

Who are you? Some kinda doctor? You

seem to ask a lot of questions but don't give answers. Why would you talk about the guys pink tie???? Weird.