Notifications
Clear all

Tca Cross In Montreal / My Tca Cross Journey

MemberMember
(@the-caked-crusader)

Posted : 12/12/2012 2:30 pm

I assume that means pigmentation marks rather than indented marks left by breakouts?

Marks, spots, hyper-pigmentation, etc.

Chemical peels do nothing for acne scarring (ie, icepick, boxcar, rolling, etc.) so, no, not "indented marks."

MemberMember
(@risarella)

Posted : 01/20/2013 12:07 pm

Hi Sam! I'd like your opinion on whether continuing with TCA cross treatment would be beneficial to me. I went to Renee for the first treatment and I did achieve some minor improvement, but I never got back to Montreal for another. It's been over a year now and I'd like to continue. Is that too long between treatments? Thanks.

MemberMember
(@the-caked-crusader)

Posted : 02/11/2013 10:45 pm

Hi Sam! I'd like your opinion on whether continuing with TCA cross treatment would be beneficial to me. I went to Renee for the first treatment and I did achieve some minor improvement, but I never got back to Montreal for another. It's been over a year now and I'd like to continue. Is that too long between treatments? Thanks.

Sorry for the delay,

CROSS is mostly beneficial when more than one treatment is done. If you have achieved improvement after just one, then that is a good enough reason to continue.

As for the gap between treatments, your scars continue to improve over time, therefore the longer you wait between them, the better. I usually have a treatment done every 2-3 months. I have gone longer between treatments, too; it doesn't matter.

MemberMember
(@thissitesucks)

Posted : 02/15/2013 3:22 pm

So in short- Do you believe having TCA cross performed was worth it?

MemberMember
(@the-caked-crusader)

Posted : 02/18/2013 11:47 pm

So in short- Do you believe having TCA cross performed was worth it?

In short - absolutely.

MemberMember
(@timjames)

Posted : 02/19/2013 6:01 pm

Hi Sam, thanks for coming back! I am to see Pauline this Friday and really look forward to meeting her! Since I am from Toronto and will not drive to Montreal, I have to take the metro from Bonaventure to the hospital. I wonder my face will look very weird after the treatment. Indeed, I am considering to wear a mask after the treatment to be honest.

MemberMember
(@the-caked-crusader)

Posted : 02/19/2013 11:59 pm

Hi Sam, thanks for coming back! I am to see Pauline this Friday and really look forward to meeting her! Since I am from Toronto and will not drive to Montreal, I have to take the metro from Bonaventure to the hospital. I wonder my face will look very weird after the treatment. Indeed, I am considering to wear a mask after the treatment to be honest.

Hi Timjames! Nice to hear from you!

Honestly, your face won't look bad, at all. As weird as this may sound; it'll actually look better, since your scars will appear to be filled up. The "whiteheads" and redness will show up during and remain about 10-20 minutes after the treatment; then, they'll go away, and it'll be fine to go out in public. What I usually do, is ask Rene/Pauline if I could remain in the office for a little while, before leaving, so the "whiteheads" and redness can go down.

If you're really worried, it's quite windy here, so just put your scarf around your face; you'll look a little less crazy than if you were to wear a mask lol.

But, I'm telling you: you'll look fine. I promise you. You won't be even able to tell that you just had the procedure done.

I actually have an appointment for another CROSS treatment this week, too! Good luck, buddy!

MemberMember
(@redsearch)

Posted : 07/21/2013 11:21 am

Hi there, I'm new to the forum although I've read posts before. This thread was very interesting and inspiring!

I'm in Toronto and had 2 cross treatments with Dr. Bargman. I had really good results after the first treatment, but minimal results on the second. Because of the cost and travelling out to his office, I decided to do a cross treatment myself. I had trouble ordering a pre-made 100%tca solution, so I made my own. I ordered pure ACS Reagent TCA crystals, bought a sensitive small weigh scale at the science store (which can weigh fractions of a gram) and dissolved 9.41grams of the crystals in 10ml of pure steam distilled water.

This gave me some wiggle room for a solution between 90-100% pure tca.

I store the crystals in their jar inside a freezer bag in the freezer. I have enough to treat myself and probably 100 other people for years! All of this (including the scale and small beaker) for less than the price of a single visit to Dr. Bargman!

I did my first treatment on myself 3 days ago, using a wooden toothpick. I sharpened the tip a little and it was the perfect size. I'm a little nervous that I used too much of the solution in couple of small spots, but overall things look good so far. I am keeping all treated areas coated in Vaseline for a full week, possibly even 9 days depending on how things look in a few days.

I worry for the person who posted above who said she wore makeup shortly after giving herself a cross treatment. I think it's very important to keep treated areas covered in Vaseline for at least a week. Especially if the scars are of any significant size.

Doing the treatment myself also allowed me to treat enlarged pores. Dr Bargman only treats the scars he can see, and even though there were a bunch more that bothered me, those went untreated at my last session with Dr. B.

I'll post an update once things have healed up!

Sadly I did not take any before photos!

MemberMember
(@kagulor)

Posted : 09/27/2013 12:40 pm

Hi,friend,nice to see this topic,but i havent read all the pages already,just wonder how is your present result after TCA CROSS,what type of scars is your main problem?box or icepick?I probably try CROSS soon.....

May you be better as you expect!

MemberMember
(@moibeige)

Posted : 04/01/2014 12:52 pm

Hello,

I am disgusted with the skin on my cheeks. I have been contemplating a TCA cross 100% (unbuffered kind) on these scars. I just would like to double check if these are indeed icepick scars. Am I going the right way? Any help would be welcome.

Thank you.

post-385867-0-48821800-1396374574.jpg

MemberMember
(@igniz)

Posted : 04/02/2014 12:52 pm

Hi,seems you're getting better,happy for your improvement,and i wonder how many times have you done TCA CROSS till now?Do you find scars of somewhere on your cheeks turned worse back again months later just after your TCA treatment,which really improved much better before though?The reason i ask it is because one of my friends got this problem,a month later after his TCA CROSS he really saw his scars improved much,but some of them(maybe just several) turnedback again,he used 35TCA CROSS and many of his scars got nearly 100% improvement,about half a year later these scars appears although they are still much better than comparing with the situation of no treatment,that's to say some of the scars appearred again at a 40%-70% to the serious extent,i dont know what this rebounding effect is and why,do you have this problem?I need to take TCA treatment to deal with my acne scars but fear a liitle about that........

MemberMember
(@lee66)

Posted : 12/30/2019 9:54 pm

On 6/4/2011 at 12:37 AM, Reeja said:

I don't even know of any good derms in Ottawa, let alone one that does TCA cross! I don't know what's wrong with this city.

You are so bang on, Ottawa is the worse place to find anything when it comes to advanced treatments, not one cosmetic dermatologist, not one plastic surgeon in this city.

MemberMember
(@lee66)

Posted : 02/21/2020 3:16 pm

On 6/4/2011 at 12:37 AM, Reeja said:

I don't even know of any good derms in Ottawa, let alone one that does TCA cross! I don't know what's wrong with this city.

Your correct , no such thing as a cosmetic derm in Ottawa sad place let alone Toronto or Montreal