MemberMember
(@havingfaith)

Posted : 04/24/2006 11:57 pm

**bump**

MemberMember
(@rosegirl)

Posted : 05/06/2006 12:20 pm

Hi animegirl,

Wondering how your punch floats are looking. It's been over a month now, right? I had floats and a dermabrasion with Dr. Y last March, and I'd also like to get a few more punch floats, but only if I don't have to get another dermabrasion after. So I'm very curious about how you're healing! I hope everything looks great and you can finally be done with this looooong process!

MemberMember
(@animegirle)

Posted : 05/09/2006 11:12 am

Hi guys,

Finally back with an update, RL has been pretty busy lately and I got lazy with the updates...sorry about that! The floats have healed nicely, pretty much like the first round. When I wear makeup they are not noticeable at all, still a bit of redness though. I started using Retin-A micro about 2 weeks ago, so that caused a bit of irritation. Bear in mind when you have these, the scars are improved (in most cases), but that does not mean they are perfect! Like before, some are totally level with the skin, some just below. I am happy at the moment and am not planning any resurfacing procedures in the near future. I want to see how everything responds to the Retin-A. I do have a few breakouts from the purge effect caused by the Retin-A, so please ignore the zits and/or red marks. ;)

Oh my face is flushed due to running, snapped them right after I finished.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

MemberMember
(@canucker)

Posted : 05/09/2006 1:50 pm

Beautiful

MemberMember
(@butterflies74)

Posted : 05/09/2006 3:04 pm

Hi Misty,

First, let me say how FABULOUS you look! I'm so excited for you and how well you've responded - you certainly deserve it; you've been through so much and have so selflessly shared your experiences with all of us. THANK YOU!

I had punch floats with Dr. Y in January and they did not "take" - there are really only 2 that bother me - do you think I should try it once more? It seems the easiest way to rid myself of the ice picks and you responded so well. I'm so confused why they didn't work? I did go see him very shortly after he re-opened from Katrina, so maybe he was a little rusty? Maybe I did something wrong with the healing process? What did you do to heal so well? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just leaning towards having him re-do 2 spots and I want to do all I can to make sure they are successful this time around.

The purpose of this post was REALLY to tell you how MARVELOUS you look and to thank you for always being so generous.

MemberMember
(@animegirle)

Posted : 05/09/2006 4:25 pm

I had punch floats with Dr. Y in January and they did not "take" - there are really only 2 that bother me - do you think I should try it once more? It seems the easiest way to rid myself of the ice picks and you responded so well. I'm so confused why they didn't work? Maybe I did something wrong with the healing process? What did you do to heal so well?

Thank you for the kind words, you are too sweet!

I know Woodson had one area floated more than once until she was happy with the results. It really is a unknown area when it comes to skin response. Did all of your areas turn out bad or no change? What was your post-op care like?

1. I followed the diet/supplement guidelines posted at the top of the scar forum..it is the one Rossi posted that he got from Maya. I followed that pretty close to the letter to try and make sure my healing was working for me from the inside out.

2. I put a barrier of pillows around me at night to make sure that I didn't roll over onto one of my cheeks. I truly believe that every one of the punches could fall out if one had a fitful night's sleep!

3. I did not touch the steri-strips at all until they were sliding off of my face.

4. Once the strips came off, for about 48 hours I kept neosporin on the areas.

5. After the neosporin I applied zinc oxide to aid in the healing.

6. I waited probably 10 or so days before I applied any makeup. During this time I washed my face very gently and applied the zinc oxide at night.

HTH!

Beautiful

Thank you. :)

MemberMember
(@dan-t)

Posted : 05/09/2006 4:43 pm

Hey -

Your results look great! Congratulations on your success!

Dan

MemberMember
(@butterflies74)

Posted : 05/09/2006 6:47 pm

ohmigosh, misty, I didn't do ANY of that! i think i'll go back for the 2 punches & follow your instructions to the T. In fact, I remember waking up the first morning with my face crammed into the pillow - I'm surprised they didn't turn out WORSE!

Ok - I'm making an appt. tomorrow & I'll keep you guys posted. I'll also ask Dr. Y to take pics so I can post like Misty. :)

MemberMember
(@billyboy)

Posted : 05/09/2006 8:44 pm

Hi

How long did your strips stay on? Dr Y told me to gently pull them off on day 7. A couple came off earlier in sleep. I wish I had thought of pillows. I'm guesing that I lost the graft on those that did not work for me.

PS: You look great!

MemberMember
(@butterflies74)

Posted : 05/09/2006 9:58 pm

Hey Bill! Yes, it seems as though I did everything wrong & I'm willing to chalk the failure of my punches to my own ignorance in caring for them post-procedure. If Misty truly believes that one fitfull night's sleep can wreck the grafts, then I'm surprised mine weren't WORSE! I'm going to call tomorrow to make another appt. and have just 2 re-done; after which, I'm following Misty's instructions & will let the tape fall off on its own (last time most fell off prematurely, which doesn't surprise me considering how I didn't pay them much mind.) Another poster I emailed said she'd had a few of hers punched FOUR TIMES! This last time she actually took the felt-tip pen out of his hand and marked her ice picks herself bulls-eye in the middle, as well as hand-picked the instrument and diameter he would use to punch. That was the bomb for her, so I think I might follow this lead as well. I'll keep you posted.

MemberMember
(@animegirle)

Posted : 05/09/2006 10:29 pm

Hi

How long did your strips stay on? Dr Y told me to gently pull them off on day 7. A couple came off earlier in sleep. I wish I had thought of pillows. I'm guessing that I lost the graft on those that did not work for me.

PS: You look great!

Hey!

My strips really started sliding around on about day 5 or 6. If the area looked really tender/raw I took a pair of tweezers and gently laid the strip back over the float, just to help protect the area. At that point the raised area had already adhered to the skin, I just wanted to give it a bit more protection until I was happy that it had fully healed. I would also put a dab of neosporin on the area before putting the strip back on, I used a Q-tip to place just the smallest bit. By placing such a tiny amount the strip seemed to stay on a bit better. Oh if the steri-strip was too greasy I would take an alcohol pad (you can get a box from the pharmacy) and I would wipe down the strip before placing it on my face. This method worked well for me during the healing stage.

I slept on my back for almost 2 1/2 weeks after the procedure, just to make sure I didn't do anything to dislodge the floats. My husband loved the heap of pillows that I dragged to the bed each night..lol.

HTH!

P.S. Thanks!

Ok - I'm making an appt. tomorrow & I'll keep you guys posted. I'll also ask Dr. Y to take pics so I can post like Misty. :)

Good Luck and Keep Us Posted!!

MemberMember
(@dan-t)

Posted : 05/10/2006 8:27 am

When I had the subscisions with fascian, I slept in a recliner. I didn't sleep quite as well but it worked out ok.

That kept me from sleeping on my side or stomach. That may be a solution to protect the grafts.

Dan

MemberMember
(@simply_me)

Posted : 05/12/2006 7:22 am

hey misty, sorry for askin this out of the blue. but i was wondering what was your first treatment for your acne scars, was it tca cross? or perhaps you went straight for the punch grafts which really inspire hope for me, however the dermabrasion afterwards is kind of scary for us asian skin cause i heard about hyperpigmentation issues. i don't really know what is the safest treatment first for acne scarring, i have shallow, very shallow scars but a moderate amount i guess on my right side. thanks in advance.

MemberMember
(@havingfaith)

Posted : 09/03/2006 3:10 am

animgirl

How have your punch floats turned out? Did you have them re-surfaced

Thanks

MemberMember
(@violet)

Posted : 09/04/2006 10:10 pm

when he punch floats how does he know when the tissue is pulled up to surface level. does he just pull it up and put the steri strip on to level it with the surrounding skin? if the scar is saucer like and dips down how do they get it to be flat???

I don't get it.

MemberMember
(@butterflies74)

Posted : 09/04/2006 11:45 pm

I don't get it either; in fact, IT DIDN'T WORK and I'm worse for the wear. My advice is: DON'T DO IT!!!!!!

MemberMember
(@havingfaith)

Posted : 09/05/2006 1:07 am

Butterflies,

Did the area where he punch floated leave bigger scars?

thanks

MemberMember
(@butterflies74)

Posted : 09/05/2006 3:30 pm

YES! There is one place he punched where there WASN'T anything - so now I have an icepick where once there was nothing but smooth skin. I'm too gun-shy to try and correct these for fear of making things even worse, so I'm frozen in a kind of inertia until I decide what to do next.....UGH!

MemberMember
(@sunblock101)

Posted : 09/24/2006 6:08 pm

Wow! I haven't been on here since my dermabrasion with Dr. Y almost 2 years ago. I am very happy with my results. It has definately changed my life to what I wanted to do and such without being paranoid about my face.

I must say that I congrats to everyone who has had the same success. I could not have done it without this forum and people whoa re going through the same process.

I will eventually go back to Dr. Y for more punch floats. I still have small ice picks. I think one more tie would defanitely do the trick for me. I would hate to do the dermabrasion again. I am asain and it took until now for the demarcation line to be gone. BUt I can say it is gone for good! No signs of surgery! I wonder if I could get away with just the floats.

MemberMember
(@butterflies74)

Posted : 09/24/2006 8:09 pm

Glad to hear about your success story, sunblock. I admire your patience for 2 years waiting for the demarcation line to fade - but as you said, it was worth it. Good luck with your punch floats - if they are successful, you shouldn't need another dermabrasion.

MemberMember
(@tower7795)

Posted : 10/19/2006 3:56 pm

I just found this board recently. Is Dr Y still around and performing dermabrasions?

MemberMember
(@sword)

Posted : 10/20/2006 10:01 am

If you haven't yet, I suggest researching complications caused by demabrasion (or any skin resurfacing procedure).