Notifications
Clear all

Aloe Veral Gel vs. REAL Aloe Vera from plants

MemberMember
(@theone111)

Posted : 01/13/2011 1:57 pm

hi as topic says which one is better?

has anyone tried both and prefers one over the other?

any comments appreciated!

MemberMember
(@almost-pretty)

Posted : 01/13/2011 7:46 pm

ive tried a few: the best- the plant, 2nd best- aloe life aloe gel which is like 99% aloe, other gels such as fruit of the earth aloe gel i hated.

MemberMember
(@younnn)

Posted : 01/13/2011 7:57 pm

Seen my post? NATURAL IS ALWAYS BETTER, the gel is not 100% aloe, but gel.

MemberMember
(@sandman21)

Posted : 01/13/2011 8:36 pm

Squeezing it out of the plant is just about as natural as you can get. :)

MemberMember
(@threedaysgrace)

Posted : 02/22/2014 4:47 am

hi i know this is really old but yeah i used aloe vera from the plant and this intense itching occurred. I decided to leave it on overnight despite the itching whicd was a really dum idea. When i woke up and after washed it off, the cyst on my face was even redder and my face was still a bit itchy. People with topical or internal garlic or onion allergies should not try aloe vera.

i dont have any onion or garlic allergies but i found that the residue aloe vera gel leaves on the face can cause itching on inflammed skin and can cause inflammed skin to be redder . So dont try it on inflammed skin like whiteheads and cysts, it was only where the white heads and cysts were, that I experienced itching.

On scarred areas aloe vera will help. And i dont recommend it on sensitive skin, you should patch test it on an area of inflammed skin first.

Sorry i dont mean to scare you guys but the majority of you guys should be fine

An alternative would be tamarind paste which is useful for areas of hyperpigmentation from acne scarring and acne . This can be found in asian stores a hell of a lot cheaper than tesco or asda. I would try the asian convenience stores which have you know those vegetable displays layed out at the front. E.g Patel Brothers, little india just go ask for ask for tamarind paste its like 1.80 for 500g or try holland or barett but ur most likely goin to get ripped off.

In tesco its like 2 for 120g u dont need a lot though. In terms of scaring it will only help red marks and hyperpigmentation

Tamarind is an insect repellent heals insects bites as well(mosquitoes and wasps), it can treat inflammation. I have sensitive skin, but raw tamarind doesnt cause any problems for me. But I would look up an tamarind recipie for acne and scars on google which involves soaking it in water.

If your not in the uk you can try from walmart or ebay. Or look for an asian convenience store near u.

Sorry for the spelling mistakes my keyboard is missing a few keys and I m not trying to scare anyone just do a patch test on inflammed skin before trying aloe vera