Notifications
Clear all

Acne scars treatment for Asian skin???

MemberMember
(@rahulvir)

Posted : 01/12/2011 4:50 am

Hello everybody!!! I am very upset with my acne scars.These days I am only looking for the best treatment and best surgeon for the same.But I am very confused as I haven't seen any Indian discussing on the same.I am little scared with the risks....will Fraxel Repair or any other treatment will work on Indian skin...though I have fair Indian skin.

Treatment History-

I had 1 dermabrasion sitting 5 years back .

Then after dermabrasion new acne broke out caused new scars...

After 2 years of Dermabrasion I had started getting Fraxel Restore sittings....with no results:(......I had 4 sittings at the interval of 3-4 months.Last was in Aug 2009.Now I am not on any medications for last 16 months.

I have faced no side effects of any treatment.

Does any one with Asian skin gets result with Sublative treatment??

I am attaching my recent Images.....

Please advice me for the best treatment and best place to go for it...

post-143902-1294825737_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@navya)

Posted : 01/20/2011 4:01 pm

Hi

I am Indian too and I am very fair, so my acne indented scarring used to really stand out. So, I applied turmeric on my face for one month every night and they filled in.

My grandmother was worried that I would never get married or something (even though I'm only 17) and she literally forced me to apply it every night on the scars. After a month, they filled in almost completely and now you can barely see them. If the scars are fresh it will help within 3 wks.

Turmeric is amazing. Just try it. All those surgical treatments are pathetic. They will make your skin age and its not worth the money. Dermatologists dont believe in herbal treatments because 1) they cant make money from them and 2) because they are a bit time consuming. But it really pays off in the end.

Just trust me.

MemberMember
(@hello_kitty_89)

Posted : 01/20/2011 4:07 pm

I have tumeric powder in my cupboard...what should I do? x

MemberMember
(@navya)

Posted : 01/23/2011 9:53 am

oh, just mix it in some water and apply it to your face at night. Make sure to wash your face with warm water before so your pores open up. You should see a difference in the marks in a few days, especially the brown ones. The indents should go away in a month.

MemberMember
(@pumpkin21)

Posted : 01/24/2011 5:40 am

oh, just mix it in some water and apply it to your face at night. Make sure to wash your face with warm water before so your pores open up. You should see a difference in the marks in a few days, especially the brown ones. The indents should go away in a month.

How much powder do you mix with the water and how long do you leave it on your face for after washing your skin? Surely you are not meant to sleep with it on?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/24/2011 4:42 pm

hey navya, how fresh do these indents have to be?? Will it work on a scar that is 5 months old?

MemberMember
(@tevez)

Posted : 08/08/2015 7:25 am

Bump did anyone try this?