Notifications
Clear all

Exoderm

MemberMember
(@whyme)

Posted : 02/23/2005 6:48 pm

northernflower im going to have my second exoderm done this august...nativetexan, where did you have your exoderm done? I moved to texas in january and am looking for a doc to perform exoderm on me this summer...possibly Houston?

MemberMember
(@northernflower21)

Posted : 02/28/2005 12:21 am

whyme...I dont mean to answer someone elses question but nativetexan23 saied on a previous post that he got his exoderm done by Dr. Rullan in CA. I was wondering if you know of anyone else that has got this procedure done and what their results where? Did Dr. William have a photo album and if so where there photos of other who have had exoderm done for acne scarring and where their results good. Did Dr. Williams spot treat your scars and chemobrade them the next day? You said you are going in for another so I assume you didn't have any complications. have you had any other treatments done after your exoderm? I hope you are able to eliminate the remainder of your scars with your next procedure. By the way, did Dr. Williams discuss whether the risk are higher with second procedures? anyway good luck and thanks for all of your help.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/02/2008 10:08 pm

I want to post comments on my Exoderm like treatment offered by a doctor named here on this board. It's been exactly three years that I had my treatment done. I was told that the scarring would be reduced and that SHADOWING would almost entirely be eliminated. Both of these are true. In short, I'd say that I had about a 70% after the first year, 50% improvement at the end of the second year and now at the end of 3 years the improvement has gone down to about 30%. So expect the results to degrade over time!

My take on this is that it's heavy impact procedure that results in a lot of redness and swelling in a number of ways or it actually makes collagen appear. As far as the collagen, I think that it's perhaps a lot better than injected collagen, but since it's not your nascent collagen (the collagen you were born with), it doesn't last and eventually goes away.

So background:

- Me: Latino / mixed race male with type 3 skin

- Age then: 39

- Age today: 42

- Other procedures: 1 - Subscision in 1999

Scar background and my appearance:

1. Acne since late teens until late 30s

2. Scars all over face, deep pits, box cars (short and long deep ones), etc. covering all of cheek areas and temples (none on forehead or my torso - small blessings ).

3. My face was starting to show signs of aging and my cheeks were sagging.

4. Area around eyes was sagging.

5. In short, I kinda looked like a younger/firmer faced Edward James Olmos.

The procedure and so on in summary: It was at first a very painful experience and the down-time was over two weeks. Then there was the beet redness in my face, which persisted easily for two months. So from January 2005 to about mid March 2005, I had redness that slowly reduced until it was pink and then it was gone sometime in May 2005. The results after this were amazing. I had very little scarring and was so deeply affected by the change. My confidence was at an all time high (since having adult acne scarring). When the pinkness was gone (July 2005), I found that I was pale and that was okay. Over time, a couple of things occured. Apparently there was micro-swelling (collagen?) that seemed to fill in the scars, this subsided. The discoloration has remained to some extent, but a lot of my natural coloring has begun to return. I look a bit better today than I did 3 years ago (especially around my eyes), but I recently saw some pictures of myself next to people with good skin and I noticed that the scarring had returned and although it's not as deep, I expected more than this. What made me come back here was when I went on a Speed Dating event and afterwards one of the women I had talked to left her evaluation sheet on a table. I glanced to see which number she was and saw her comments about me. She wrote, "... Has pits on face."

Today:

1. No acne at all

2. Scars all over face, shallower pits, box cars (short and long deep ones), etc. covering all of cheek areas and temples.

3. My face shows little signs of aging and my cheeks have no fat, but are firm.

4. Area around eyes looks great!

5. In short, I kinda look like a latino Eric McCormack with acne pits.

My thoughts on the results of Exoderm:

1. It got rid of my acne!

2. It was great around my eyes!

3. The results of this treatment subsided by the 3 year mark.

4. Exoderm is great at reducing shadowing, but for only a while.

5. It will make your face pale (for a long time).

Hope this helps anyone out there.

-Stephan

MemberMember
(@january31)

Posted : 01/02/2008 10:38 pm

Hi Stephan, How many times did you have it done???? I remember reading that sometimes people get exoderm done several times before seeing a significant improvement... I also remember that a lot of people were complaining that exoderm was a rip-off...

I've noticed that some of my acne scars reverted back a bit several years after the TCA CROSSES and I now feel that it's something I will have to do every so often, which I don't mind at all, it's like getting a haircut or something.

But I was wondering, are you doing anything else, like TCA or needling or excision by a plastic surgeon using layered sutures??? Are your scars bound down or are they rolling??? If they disappear when you stretch your skin, then you might just need to get a filler injected...

I had a scalpel excision done by a reconstructive plastic surgeon on a dent up by my hairline and now...no more dent, just a pinkish smudge and it's going on 4 months and it hasn't sank in....My doctor has done many scalpel and punch excisions. It's not uncommon for a plastic surgeon to do like, 30+ 1 - 2 stitch punch excisions on one person. After the stitches come out, you might then need a light resurfacing to blend in the fine lines with the rest of your skin several months later. Oh, and another thing that helps blend in scars is raw African Shea butter. I just found this out tonite. :)

Jan31

I want to post comments on my Exoderm like treatment offered by a doctor named here on this board. It's been exactly three years that I had my treatment done. I was told that the scarring would be reduced and that SHADOWING would almost entirely be eliminated. Both of these are true. In short, I'd say that I had about a 70% after the first year, 50% improvement at the end of the second year and now at the end of 3 years the improvement has gone down to about 30%. So expect the results to degrade over time!

My take on this is that it's heavy impact procedure that results in a lot of redness and swelling in a number of ways or it actually makes collagen appear. As far as the collagen, I think that it's perhaps a lot better than injected collagen, but since it's not your nascent collagen (the collagen you were born with), it doesn't last and eventually goes away.

So background:

- Me: Latino / mixed race male with type 3 skin

- Age then: 39

- Age today: 42

- Other procedures: 1 - Subscision in 1999

Scar background and my appearance:

1. Acne since late teens until late 30s

2. Scars all over face, deep pits, box cars (short and long deep ones), etc. covering all of cheek areas and temples (none on forehead or my torso - small blessings ).

3. My face was starting to show signs of aging and my cheeks were sagging.

4. Area around eyes was sagging.

5. In short, I kinda looked like a younger/firmer faced Edward James Olmos.

The procedure and so on in summary: It was at first a very painful experience and the down-time was over two weeks. Then there was the beet redness in my face, which persisted easily for two months. So from January 2005 to about mid March 2005, I had redness that slowly reduced until it was pink and then it was gone sometime in May 2005. The results after this were amazing. I had very little scarring and was so deeply affected by the change. My confidence was at an all time high (since having adult acne scarring). When the pinkness was gone (July 2005), I found that I was pale and that was okay. Over time, a couple of things occured. Apparently there was micro-swelling (collagen?) that seemed to fill in the scars, this subsided. The discoloration has remained to some extent, but a lot of my natural coloring has begun to return. I look a bit better today than I did 3 years ago (especially around my eyes), but I recently saw some pictures of myself next to people with good skin and I noticed that the scarring had returned and although it's not as deep, I expected more than this. What made me come back here was when I went on a Speed Dating event and afterwards one of the women I had talked to left her evaluation sheet on a table. I glanced to see which number she was and saw her comments about me. She wrote, "... Has pits on face."

Today:

1. No acne at all

2. Scars all over face, shallower pits, box cars (short and long deep ones), etc. covering all of cheek areas and temples.

3. My face shows little signs of aging and my cheeks have no fat, but are firm.

4. Area around eyes looks great!

5. In short, I kinda look like a latino Eric McCormack with acne pits.

My thoughts on the results of Exoderm:

1. It got rid of my acne!

2. It was great around my eyes!

3. The results of this treatment subsided by the 3 year mark.

4. Exoderm is great at reducing shadowing, but for only a while.

5. It will make your face pale (for a long time).

Hope this helps anyone out there.

-Stephan

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 06/26/2013 6:16 pm

bump! interesting read

bump!