Notifications
Clear all

Combo Treatment: Subsicion + Fraxel + Re-Cell

MemberMember
(@michael21)

Posted : 12/26/2009 6:18 am

Hang in there buddy. Day 3 and 4 are the worst, it's going to get better very soon. I know it can look really bad now, in 3 weeks u probably won't even know how u looked like now.

About the sleeping, I had the same problem. I always slept on my side, so sleeping on my back was a nightmare. In fact, I couldn't do it. I ended up laying in bed for 10 hours without sleeping. The idea of touching the pillow with a greasy, crusting face was too much. I ended up putting some pillows underneath my knees, this helped somewhat.

MemberMember
(@vanzzzz)

Posted : 12/26/2009 6:22 am

Hey thank you for sharing your progress with us. I really hope it goes well for you.

MemberMember
(@waitingforacure)

Posted : 12/26/2009 12:10 pm

u should try aloe vera it might speed up the healing process

MemberMember
(@mchlle)

Posted : 12/26/2009 1:56 pm

I was thinking maybe u should try applying some natural aloe vera on your skin to help the skin heal faster and better. aloe vera will also prevent pimple breakouts so thats another plus. i would ask your doctor before you do it tho and see wat he says about it.

Bad idea, aloA vera dries the skin.

MemberMember
(@ernestoria)

Posted : 12/26/2009 5:22 pm

Day 3: Bandages Off (10,30 pm)

Rights guys. I am starting to feel a bit happier. First of all because it seems that swelling have started to come down a bit and secondly because I have taken off the bandages which allows me to feel a bit more free and see some of the areas that were previously covered.

I still have lots of dry blood and crust on the cheeks but my forehead looks 100% perfect. I know it is because it is swollen, etc. But I didnt expect it to look that great. It looks 100% perfect. :)

As per the cheeks I will have to wait probably one week or two for the old and burnt skin to come off and then see the new skin underneath. All my face feel tight and I feel like if I still had some sort of bandages on, it feels like if I had a hard mask on or something. I know it is all the dry old skin that will start coming off in the next few days.

I have to say I feel more optimistic now and with a better mood. Really looking forward to a better night of sleep.

A better photo for you all taken just a few minutes ago. :)

post-83448-1261866142_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@michael24)

Posted : 12/26/2009 5:33 pm

Day 3: Bandages Off (10,30 pm)

Rights guys. I am starting to feel a bit happier. First of all because it seems that swelling have started to come down a bit and secondly because I have taken off the bandages which allows me to feel a bit more free and see some of the areas that were previously covered.

I still have lots of dry blood and crust on the cheeks but my forehead looks 100% perfect. I know it is because it is swollen, etc. But I didnt expect it to look that great. It looks 100% perfect. :)

As per the cheeks I will have to wait probably one week or two for the old and burnt skin to come off and then see the new skin underneath. All my face feel tight and I feel like if I still had some sort of bandages on, it feels like if I had a hard mask on or something. I know it is all the dry old skin that will start coming off in the next few days.

I have to say I feel more optimistic now and with a better mood. Really looking forward to a better night of sleep.

A better photo for you all taken just a few minutes ago. :)

post-83448-1261866142_thumb.jpg

Did the doc mention how many treatments would be needed? I know this series was a lot but are you considering having another go at it months after you recover? Then again this might be good enough I am not familiar with this procedure as a whole.

MemberMember
(@ernestoria)

Posted : 12/27/2009 5:52 am

Michael24,

I had quite an invasive and strong Fraxel Re:pair (not the Fraxel Restore). Normally with Restore you require having it done 4-5 times if not more. The re:pair which I had, it is quite a strong laser with a CO2 component to it. It is ablative, hence why it requires 2 weeks downtime. Some people say that 1 re:pair equals 5-6 restores. Not sure how true that is but just to give you an idea.

I am aware I will not get 100% results but I am aiming at "a significant good figure'. Specially with the combination with the Subcision and the Recell. I dont want to speculate with a figure now because it is very early stages and because it all depends on the skin types, and many other factors. This is a journey. I will continue having Stem Cells and PRP done at a later date but doubt I would go for Fraxel Re:pair again. If that were to be the case, the settings wouldn't be the same anyway. This was a quite invasive strong setting.

So far, all good. Keep following my thread to know more about the results at a later date.

MemberMember
(@feelsgood)

Posted : 12/27/2009 8:12 am

I wish you the best in your recovery.

MemberMember
(@scoobie_do)

Posted : 12/27/2009 4:19 pm

Best wishes for success

MemberMember
(@ernestoria)

Posted : 12/27/2009 6:32 pm

Day 4: Starting to Peel Off (Flaky Skin)

Not much to update today really. Swelling keep going down and now I can eat and open my mouth/eyes fully, which makes me feel great. The skin has also become VERY flaky and has started to peel off, sometimes is itchy for the same reason, so I am keeping it most with the water/vinegar mix the doctor gave me. It relieves it.

What I am starting to notice is that I have quite red skin under the old skin that is coming off. I am starting to look quite pinky underneath but I guess I will see it the full picture tomorrow night when most of the flaky skin has come off.

I am seeing the Doctor the day after tomorrow. Really looking forward to seeing him and what my skin will look like on the day.

post-83448-1261956407_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@spoony)

Posted : 12/27/2009 6:43 pm

Good luck with this bro. I admire your courage.

MemberMember
(@cotton)

Posted : 12/27/2009 11:13 pm

Thanks for allowing us into such a personal moment for you! Please keep us posted, and I KNOW you will have great results from your treatment. Thanks for the pics too ( I am sort of chicken about posting my pics). Best of Luck!!!

MemberMember
(@samesonganddance)

Posted : 12/27/2009 11:30 pm

You're going to look great!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/28/2009 8:44 am

hey bro..when thoat scabby dry dead skin comes off..remember..sunscreen and a good moister barrier.

MemberMember
(@jjp007)

Posted : 12/28/2009 9:00 pm

good luck! this sounds like a great plan of treatments. ive never heard of the stem cell/ recell treatment but think that having subsicion before a fraxel repair is a great idea.

I will talk to my derm about doing subsicion before having a repair. It makes sense to break down the scars that are tethered down and help free up some space for the collagen to fill in that space. if that makes any sense.

Thanks for sharing all of this, the good and the bad. Just remember to be patient and wait a good 6 months for the collagen to do its job.

Look forward to more reports!

MemberMember
(@acnepwns)

Posted : 12/28/2009 9:17 pm

I was thinking maybe u should try applying some natural aloe vera on your skin to help the skin heal faster and better. aloe vera will also prevent pimple breakouts so thats another plus. i would ask your doctor before you do it tho and see wat he says about it.

Actually aloe vera does moisturize the skin. It is used for skin irritation and sunburns. It doesnt prevent breakouts however.

MemberMember
(@mchlle)

Posted : 12/29/2009 4:01 am

Actually aloe vera does moisturize the skin. It is used for skin irritation and sunburns. It doesnt prevent breakouts however.

I have a aloA vera plant at home so.. when I put the sap on my face it dries it like crazy! After 5 minutes i need to put moisturizer over it.

But that might just be me, I just got off accutane so I have dry skin. However, I bet after a laser it's even worse, soo.. bad idea.

MemberMember
(@ernestoria)

Posted : 12/29/2009 1:03 pm

Day 6: Seeing Dr. Khan

So.. Yes! I went to see the Dr. today and he said I am healing well and quickly. I have to be honest, I didn't think I was going to be so well so quickly. The last 2 days I have healed and recovered very quickly. I still have scabby/crusty/flaky skin. This old skin is coming off and showing my new skin underneath which is pinky/red, but I see so far GREAT results. I mean.. I could almost talk about 90-95% improvement. My skin looks very smooth and like if was nothing there before.

I know, and the Dr also said, that I am still a bit swollen and that when the swelling goes some of the deepest scar will appear very slightly, like some smooth shadows. BUT he also said that between month 2 and 6 new collagen will be produced under my skin and that will fill in those scars making me look better towards the 6th month.

I have to say the results I see so far are amazing and I am very very happy!

I just need to apply lots of sunscreen as of today.

Dr also said I cant shave until next week. Cant wait to shave to have a proper photo taken and show you all the results so far.

I am very happy I made this decision. It was worthy and Dr. Khan and Lesley are very knowledgeable, kind and very professional! .. so happy I chose them!

Leave you all with a photo from today. Next week I will take good ones in the same angle of the 'before' photos and put them one next to the other.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/29/2009 1:06 pm

Fantastic:)

MemberMember
(@mchlle)

Posted : 12/29/2009 1:44 pm

Awesome!

However, make a judgement when the swelling and microswelling is gone. I think this will take about a month to go away after such an invasive procedure.

MemberMember
(@waitingforacure)

Posted : 12/29/2009 2:22 pm

Congrats!!! but i also agree with MCHLLE that you have to wait a while for the swelling to go down and for the deep collagen to grow in...be patient and WISH u the best of LUCK!!!

MemberMember
(@eddy_if)

Posted : 12/29/2009 7:26 pm

ernestoria : wow this is a cool story man.. it really inspiring everyone. Btw, may i know how much money did you spend for each treatment ?

MemberMember
(@mrobi)

Posted : 12/29/2009 8:32 pm

Dang! Lookin' good so far!

Good luck to you man...you and Dudley should exchange notes! He has done three Re:pairs and I'd say he's one of the experts on this board!

MemberMember
(@ernestoria)

Posted : 12/30/2009 5:20 am

Day 7: Continue to Heal

No much to update as of now. The scaby old skin continues to fall off and I see the new pinky skin underneath. All looks very smooth and although I know I am a little swollen I dont really notice it. I can no see any difference in my face at all, nor any of the people around me. So... if I am still swollen shuldnt be much at all. Thing is, skin looks very smooth.

The redness is becoming stronger now and is starting to turn slightly darker than the lively pinky colour I had two days ago. I guess this is normal, however sometimes I worry it could be a sign of hyper pigmentation. But don't really think so. I think is just that fear deep inside we all have that something could go wrong.

I have started to wash my face with Cetaphil and to apply Cetaphil mosterizer afterwards and then wear to sunscreen SunSense SPF 50 even to be in the house. Still have some scabby bits that ned to come off and I will then have a full clear face. Will take a picture then.

Now that new skin is unveiled any tips to avoid hyper pigmentation are very welcomed! :)

MemberMember
(@mebe)

Posted : 12/30/2009 5:22 am

IM so happy for you and I hope you never forget the happiness youre feeling now.