Clear all

Scar excision

MemberMember
(@annmarie)

Posted : 06/04/2010 11:46 pm

Hi,

Pictures of scar scalpel excision :

post-108529-1248470301_thumb.jpg

I had a first scar excision on July 7th.

post-108529-1248470633_thumb.jpg

Feel free to comment or give pertinent information ; )

Congrats!!!!!

I'm so happy for you. I will be getting excision as soon as my filler absorbs. You should consider yourself very lucky that no one tried to sell you on laser or filler. Your DR sounds very honest - just going straight to excision. My scars are exactly like yours - same spot on cheek and looks like a letter "c".

You are also very very lucky to have had a good surgeon. I work for a plastic surgeons group, and let me tell everyone there are bad surgeons out there!!!!!!!!! If you get a bad one you will not have a good result. Even though surgical excision is the most basic thing a PS can do some are just bad - or simply don't take the time to suture the defect. Very sad but true. The problem is I don't know how the average patient knows who they are going to. If I did not work for this group I would only go to someone I know has had good results (someone from this board for example)

Can't wait to have mine done!!

Please keep us updated.

Oh My God! and thats big for me cause I'm actually an athiest. Who is the surgeon??????????? I would have married him. I think i've been getting ripped off because I did not know you could excise such a large area at once. That is some of the best work I have ever seen. Good on you.

MemberMember
(@scarsrevil)

Posted : 06/05/2010 12:23 am

Your surgeon did an excellent job. You'll most likely have an indented line scar, but it's much better compared to several deep pitted scars. You can always go for further scar revision, such as fillers if the new line scar bothers you. I imagine you'll be happy with the new scar compared to the multiple scars before and won't attempt more revisions.

I have 2 noticeable line scars on my face that bother me and 1 is really noticeable on my cheek, although they are lesser in length I believe. I will start tca cross treatment soon and may attempt tca cross on the line scar on my cheek in the future if I achieve successful results on the small icepicks I have. Hopefully, I can achieve leveling of the line scar with the skin, although I imagine it will just be discolored line scar although even with the skin if successful.

Anyways, congratulations.

MemberMember
(@paulyd)

Posted : 01/03/2011 6:12 am

bump

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 06/19/2011 9:59 pm

BUMP!!

MemberMember
(@trador)

Posted : 06/22/2011 9:23 am

Now the question is; A resurfacing treatment can repair that excision scar? Thats important for me cause i am also planning to get excision treatment.. ty

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 07/03/2012 9:06 pm

Bump

MemberMember
(@foreverandpatience)

Posted : 01/24/2013 2:05 am

Wish this user could come back snd tell us whats up. I'm sure his scar has healed well.

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 01/24/2013 9:08 am

Did you check the other excision thread yet? It's a long read though.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/6590-punch-excision-for-ice-picks/page-1

Pictures of one very successful excision are on page 18.

MemberMember
(@dextranlady)

Posted : 05/12/2013 9:30 am

Your surgeon did an excellent job. You'll most likely have an indented line scar, but it's much better compared to several deep pitted scars. You can always go for further scar revision, such as fillers if the new line scar bothers you. I imagine you'll be happy with the new scar compared to the multiple scars before and won't attempt more revisions.

I have 2 noticeable line scars on my face that bother me and 1 is really noticeable on my cheek, although they are lesser in length I believe. I will start tca cross treatment soon and may attempt tca cross on the line scar on my cheek in the future if I achieve successful results on the small icepicks I have. Hopefully, I can achieve leveling of the line scar with the skin, although I imagine it will just be discolored line scar although even with the skin if successful.

Anyways, congratulations.

But the scars left by sxcision oftens become white over time? In white people I mean.