Notifications
Clear all

Man in the Mirror: Pre and Post Subcision Photos

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 03/14/2022 6:49 am

On 4/23/2009 at 2:57 PM, mr. matt said:

Hey, I'm glad to hear that you were inspired by my story. I know that I have been greatly encouraged and inspired by some of the other posts and pictures of other readers.

Six treatments with subcision is the maximum number of times that I have heard that most doctors will do on rolling scars. However, I am sure that depends upon each individual and his/her unique scars.

As far as acne scars being too deep to treat with subcision, I honestly don't know. But, you should keep in mind that it's the fibrous bands that hold down the epidermis to the underlying tissue. So, if these are cut, then the epidermis is free to be released from the "tethers" that are holding it down and the skin can raise itself with the collagen production that is induced by the procedure.

The scars on my right cheek are very deep. However, I have noticed that they have flattened out since my initial treatment with subcision.

You will need to wait for approximately six months after you've completed Accutane before anything can and/or should be done surgically to your skin due to the increased risk of scarring.

However, I think that it is important to talk to your doctor now about what type of scars you have. If you have rolling scars, then subcision may be a good option for you and I would go ahead and get the appointment(s) scheduled for the procedure. It took me three months after my initial consult with my doctor to get it scheduled due to his busy schedule. You would be wise to go ahead and get at least two sessions scheduled now. One in about seven months after you've finished Accutane and one two months after that. You skin will need some downtime after the first procedure in order for the collagen to remodel.

I have two more rounds scheduled. One in May and one in July.

If you do have rolling scars, I would suggest a round of subcision followed by laser and another round of subcision followed by laser.

I'm going to have a Pearl Laser treatment either in July to replace the subcision treatment I have scheduled or I'll have it done in December. I've been told it takes seven to ten days to recover from this type of laser treatment.

Keep us all posted on your progress.

I've never seen this thread but honestly amazing results. I hope this works as well for others with that hard to treat fat loss, rolling scars and so on.

I am going to do a subscision for a scar soon and probably put a filler in I'm just totally stumped as to what filler, but have appointments lined up. I'm lucky as far as deeper scars I only have 1.