Notifications
Clear all

turmeric magic healing!

MemberMember
(@lpn455)

Posted : 12/31/2008 9:49 pm

AS i say if u put only in the problem area it easy to take it of but if u put whole face it hard to take it of but if u want full face lighted up and skintone go for it. But use the baby towel wipe or bakeing soda like u say. Yes u can put AHA lotion on the morning but not at night because u use the tumeric only at night, For a few day your your mark may look worse then a week it should improve color then a month it will fade or return to your normal skintone since it stain your mark.

MemberMember
(@lpn455)

Posted : 12/31/2008 9:55 pm

People got red mark or brown mark because wound not healing that mean u put chemical product from the store it slow down the healing that why it take a long time to work but if u use natural product and it cheap. It should help u heal and stain your mark until it return to your normal skintone. Read what number 19 say Here are 20 reasons to add turmeric to your diet: 19. Speeds up wound healing and assists in remodeling of damaged skin. This what u need to heal scar!

MemberMember
(@redmarks911)

Posted : 01/02/2009 9:47 am

Hi, i'm male and i want to try this, but i've heard it stops facial hair growth? Is that right?

MemberMember
(@pshtigotthatt)

Posted : 01/02/2009 11:17 am

Last night I went out a purchased some turmeric and also some turmeric capsules since many people said it tasted awful.

To tell you the truth it smells awful. I mixed it with water and plugged my nose as i put i on my face. It turned my nails yellow, but I'll just start wearing gloves to pat it on. I am going to stop using BP, because I am pretty sure thats why I am still seeing red marks.

i'll keep you updated.

MemberMember
(@steve-n)

Posted : 01/02/2009 11:51 am

Whaat? It stops facial hair growth? Anyways, I'm going to buy this tonight since all the stores were closed last night. Hopefully it doesn't taste too bad....

MemberMember
(@vpm)

Posted : 01/02/2009 12:28 pm

Interesting. I have never tried it topically, but I take turmeric extract supplements, TurmericForce (you can find it at health food stores or online - my favorite online vitamin place is vitacost).

I have natural turmeric powder in my spice cabinet for making Indian food, I will try the topical paste, thanks.

MemberMember
(@tth1990)

Posted : 01/02/2009 1:07 pm

Last night I went out a purchased some turmeric and also some turmeric capsules since many people said it tasted awful.

To tell you the truth it smells awful. I mixed it with water and plugged my nose as i put i on my face. It turned my nails yellow, but I'll just start wearing gloves to pat it on. I am going to stop using BP, because I am pretty sure thats why I am still seeing red marks.

Does anybody know what a good, safe amount of powder to ingest daily is?

Thanks for the heads up on the nail staining, I wouldn't have thought of that. I guess I will wear a latex glove on my right hand while I do this for application.

Also, how long did you leave it on? Was it easy to wash off after the first application, or was it starting to stain your skin already?

MemberMember
(@namaste)

Posted : 01/02/2009 2:24 pm

Also, how long did you leave it on? Was it easy to wash off after the first application, or was it starting to stain your skin already?

I used it for the first time last night and left it on for 15-20 minutes. After I washed it off I had that fake tan look going on and this morning the rest of it came off after my completing my AM regimen. Definitely best to use it at night.

MemberMember
(@tth1990)

Posted : 01/02/2009 4:18 pm

I used it for the first time last night and left it on for 15-20 minutes. After I washed it off I had that fake tan look going on and this morning the rest of it came off after my completing my AM regimen. Definitely best to use it at night.

How did you remove it?

See, I'm not going to use any more harsh cleansers on my face, it's overstimulating my oil production. I DO have an all natural soap bar, but it's loaded with oils that clog me up every time.

Think it will be possible for me to remove it with just my hands and soaking my face in water and such?

Also, it makes me leery to know that you only used it for 20 minutes, I wonder how bad it would stain if it was left on all night!

Probably way too early, but do you see any signs signaling that it could work?

MemberMember
(@redmarks911)

Posted : 01/02/2009 4:24 pm

Hey, I've tried it and it made my face a little yellow but it went off after a few minutes and same with my nails. I just hope it won't stop my facial hair growth cause I've read on a few websites that women use it for that but I hope its different for guys

MemberMember
(@battwoman04)

Posted : 01/02/2009 4:33 pm

Hi tth1990

Last night i used the tumeric as a paste (mixed with water as i didn't have any lemon juice) and left it on over night. I was amazed at how much calmer my face was in the morning - ok i was very yellow but this came off with bicarbonate of soda made into a paste with a little water. It was kind of nice because it gave my face a bit of an exfoliation at the smae time. I then used my normal foaming cleanser and i was fine to go out. Not yellow anymore!

I am trying it tonight with lemon juice (as was recommended). It was a bit tingly at first but it feels fine now, so i shall leave this over night and see what happens in the morning.

I am also drinking a level teaspoon of turmeric mixed in half a glass of water to get the benefits internally as well.

I hope this helps!!

Oh one more thing, to avoid staining your hands mix the turmeric and lemon juice or water with a cotton bud and then apply with a flat ended cotton bud - the cosmetic ones!

MemberMember
(@tth1990)

Posted : 01/02/2009 4:36 pm

Awesome, thanks for sharing battwoman04!

I plan on taking it internally too, and may have to altogether if I'm not satisfied with the mask aspect of it. I wish mine would come in the mail!! 😛

Let us know how the overnight mask works please!

MemberMember
(@redmarks911)

Posted : 01/02/2009 4:44 pm

Hey, I'm going to sleep soon and I'll try using it all night and let you guys know if it was hard to get the it off in the mornin'

MemberMember
(@tth1990)

Posted : 01/02/2009 4:45 pm

Hey, I'm going to sleep soon and I'll try using it all night and let you guys know if it was hard to get the it off in the mornin'

Great, thanks so much!

MemberMember
(@mlle-nathalie)

Posted : 01/02/2009 4:52 pm

This all sounds really good! I wonder if you can use this in conjunction with Delna's regime? The one with the baking soda paste, then the ACV/water to balance the face's pH and finally an eggwhite/lemon juice mask.... I love that all of this is natural, but i wonder if using all four of these pastes/masks is good?

MemberMember
(@battwoman04)

Posted : 01/02/2009 5:25 pm

I'm not sure but i think maybe it's best to keep it simple for a week, just try the turmeric paste and see what happens? Then after 1 week you will know if you need the other regime......

I am just using a foaming cleanser in the morning followed by a moisturiser. In the evening i am doing the turmeric mask over night (with the bicarbonate of soda to get the stain off before i use my foaming cleanser). I then splash my face with plenty of running water - the water should be luke warm. I read that hot water is not so good when you have acne.

MemberMember
(@mlle-nathalie)

Posted : 01/02/2009 5:58 pm

I'm not sure but i think maybe it's best to keep it simple for a week, just try the turmeric paste and see what happens? Then after 1 week you will know if you need the other regime......

I am just using a foaming cleanser in the morning followed by a moisturiser. In the evening i am doing the turmeric mask over night (with the bicarbonate of soda to get the stain off before i use my foaming cleanser). I then splash my face with plenty of running water - the water should be luke warm. I read that hot water is not so good when you have acne.

Your mention of the bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) is the reason why I brought up the other regime, because part of it is to use a baking soda paste as a mild exfoliant. So I figured since the turmeric regime and Delna's regime overlap that I might throw in the apple cider vinegar (ACV) water mixture as well.

But I agree thats its probably best to keep it simple.

MemberMember
(@namaste)

Posted : 01/02/2009 6:27 pm

Your mention of the bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) is the reason why I brought up the other regime, because part of it is to use a baking soda paste as a mild exfoliant. So I figured since the turmeric regime and Delna's regime overlap that I might throw in the apple cider vinegar (ACV) water mixture as well.

But I agree thats its probably best to keep it simple.

I'm doing Delna's regimen and decided to alter it by adding turmeric to my egg white/lemon mask. I think it should be fine, just adding extra vitamins and such to the mask. I'll post if something changes.

MemberMember
(@mlle-nathalie)

Posted : 01/02/2009 6:52 pm

When you say your adding it to the eggwhite/lemon mask, are you just throwing in the powder to the mixture, or are you doing separatley?

MemberMember
(@namaste)

Posted : 01/02/2009 10:03 pm

When you say your adding it to the eggwhite/lemon mask, are you just throwing in the powder to the mixture, or are you doing separatley?

I'm mixing it all together in one mask.

MemberMember
(@giselle23)

Posted : 01/02/2009 10:30 pm

Thank you for sharing the benefits of tumeric. I bought some today from Target. :)

MemberMember
(@effu)

Posted : 01/02/2009 10:42 pm

Thank you for sharing the benefits of tumeric. I bought some today from Target. 🙂

apparently turmeric is really easy to find....i got my tumeric powder in trade fair supermarket....u can get it i think in any food store that carries indian food, or chinese food and most supermarkets do to a certain extent these days.....

this is my first nite trying this, and im sitting here with the stuff on my face....the paste was soo easy, just mix the powder with a little water, and it sticks to the skin really well...

im also taking ALOT of B5 to control breakouts (google it or look it up here its awesome)

and im rubbing monistat anti chafing gel power under my makeup as a primer (it fills in everything, and makes my face smooth under my makeup, and it controls the oiliest skin FOR HOURS....NO SHINE AT ALL)

ill write in a week to tell what happened with leaving turmeric paste (sooner, if its a disaster)

note: ALWAYS try to go for the moisturizers and makeups that are for made for wrinkles...they plump up scars like they do for wrinkles, if the products are oil free, ull be fine always look at the ingredients...if it says mineral oil, ur fucked.....and always look for dimethicone when possible, thats the stuff that plumps up scars temporarily

MemberMember
(@tth1990)

Posted : 01/03/2009 12:57 am

Darn, I guess I should have looked around locally first, I just jumped the gun and bought some on eBay. Oh well, I probably got a better deal anyway. I only paid $8.24 for a whole pound of pure turmeric powder. Might arrive tomorrow according to the USPS tracking #!

MemberMember
(@namaste)

Posted : 01/03/2009 3:00 am

im rubbing monistat anti chafing gel power under my makeup as a primer (it fills in everything, and makes my face smooth under my makeup, and it controls the oiliest skin FOR HOURS....NO SHINE AT ALL)

i just googled monistat anti chafing gel power and it doesn't specify for face at all. It really fills everything in? What kind of scars do you have? You've just gotten me really excited =)

MemberMember
(@redmarks911)

Posted : 01/03/2009 3:52 am

Good mornin' people.. I applied it to my face last night (turmeric and water) and its not that hard to get off.. I used water first to get the turmeric off and then Dans cleanser. I'm still a little yellow but I don't look like a character from the simpsons :D