Notifications
Clear all

Ok guys...

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 09/25/2011 6:55 pm

What do you guys think about needling/rolling every 4 weeks, is that too often?

I seemed to be totally healed just a couple days after I do it so its hard to wait much longer than that, of course I don't want to delay or derail the healing process either by doing it too often............can anyone tell what their experience has been with this?

MemberMember
(@ambergris)

Posted : 10/02/2011 11:53 am

What do you guys think about needling/rolling every 4 weeks, is that too often?

I seemed to be totally healed just a couple days after I do it so its hard to wait much longer than that, of course I don't want to delay or derail the healing process either by doing it too often............can anyone tell what their experience has been with this?

I started rolling every 4 weeks but changed it to every 6 weeks just to be safe. 🙂

MemberMember
(@lmaohf)

Posted : 09/12/2012 2:45 am

Thank you lamar for all your efforts, this thread gave me hope, I have a question, although this may have been answered already, you said not to use diabetic needles on the temples, what needles should I exactly use? because most of my scars are on my temples and they're moderately deep, all replies are very much appreciated, you are a blessing lamar.

MemberMember
(@munsoned)

Posted : 09/12/2012 10:16 am

Thank you lamar for all your efforts, this thread gave me hope, I have a question, although this may have been answered already, you said not to use diabetic needles on the temples, what needles should I exactly use? because most of my scars are on my temples and they're moderately deep, all replies are very much appreciated, you are a blessing lamar.

lmaohf, my temple scars I have found are some of the toughest for me to treat because of the location. It is hard to get at them. I use the diabetic needles on them but I don't believe I use the same technique as Lamar so it is doable. But even with that, like I said it is hard for me to get at them because of the location. I just try and do my best. I have also used slightly longer diabetic needles which may be usefull as well as slightly thicker needles. 29-30g rather than just using the 31g. What I do is I try to go at the scar at more of a horizontal approach. I try and get the needle underneath where the scar is tethered down but rather than sticking the needle downward into the scar all around the scar to attempt to break it up, I go in at a more horizontal approach and aim to stick the needle under the scar from one side and out the other side..Once I do this I lift the needle up and aim to break the scar free in that area where I stuck the needle through. the 31g tend to bend more easly than the 29-30 which is why I mentioned the slightly thicker needles.

It can be difficult to see exactly where and how an ice pick scar is tethered down..So I just do my best to try and get in there and hopefully break up some of that scar to the point it lifts up heals up better than it had been. After I do that I can roll over it if I think it is necessary as kind of the cherry on top.

MemberMember
(@lmaohf)

Posted : 09/13/2012 12:24 am

thank you very much for your very detailed reply munsoned, I really appreciate it, and all of the other posters here and especially lamar, I felt like light finally shone on me, although I still have active acne and treating it naturally with the greent tea toner, I will do this as soon as I am clear of acne, also munsoned, how are your temple scars now? how much have they improved? and also your scars overall how much did they improve? And seeing that this thread was made three years ago, are there updates on lamarr's regimen and the items needed? sorry for all the questions, thank you so much for your effort munsoned! God bless you.

MemberMember
(@munsoned)

Posted : 09/13/2012 11:55 am

thank you very much for your very detailed reply munsoned, I really appreciate it, and all of the other posters here and especially lamar, I felt like light finally shone on me, although I still have active acne and treating it naturally with the greent tea toner, I will do this as soon as I am clear of acne, also munsoned, how are your temple scars now? how much have they improved? and also your scars overall how much did they improve? And seeing that this thread was made three years ago, are there updates on lamarr's regimen and the items needed? sorry for all the questions, thank you so much for your effort munsoned! God bless you.

You're welcome..I have only 2 moderate scars on my left temple that bother me. So those are what I focus on. I needled them carefully and with less depth many times and also derma rolled my temple many times. Slight improvements were all I was able to achieve. I felt I could never really get at them needling good enough and this was why I could never achieve better results. I only recently tried the technique I mentioned because I have been able to achieve some improvements on some scars beyond what I had made up until that point..So I did the worst of the 2 scars on the 4th of this month. So it probably won't be until between early oct and early nov that I know how I respond to this latest needling/rolling session.

If I had to put a percentage on overall improvement I would say my scars overall have improved roughly 50%..Some scars more than 50%, some less. I am hoping with this needling method which is more aggressive and more aggressive I think is what is necessary, I will be able to continue to increase my overall percentage of improvements.

I'm not sure if there are updates on Lamars regimen? I have not posted in quite some time and I don't know if he still posts here..Right now my treatment is pretty basic..2 different types of diabetic needles, a quality roller. I used the cheap rollers for years and finally decided to buy a quality sk 3 row roller and I find it to be much easier to use..It makes rolling a much easier process. It is heavier and sturdier and requires very little pressure compared to the cheap rollers I had always used. And thats it. I needle, and I may roll on top of my needling and thats that.

Its no problem at all. I wish you all the best.

MemberMember
(@lmaohf)

Posted : 09/13/2012 3:06 pm

Thanks again for the reply munsoned I really appreciate it. yeah temple scars suck. although on the bright side you can cover them up by growing your hair a bit, but it sucks that they are the most hard to fade. Anywho are you still using the LED lights from LEDman? is there a better option now for led lights? And also is it possible to achieve good results by just rolling on the areas that have scarring or should we roll on the whole face? Also can the mild scars be able to achieve good results by just rolling, light therapy and the terproline without individual needling? Sorry again munsoned for all the questions, Thank you very much, you are very kind to reply to the questions here.

To a flawless skin. Best of luck to you!

MemberMember
(@munsoned)

Posted : 09/15/2012 7:15 am

Thanks again for the reply munsoned I really appreciate it. yeah temple scars suck. although on the bright side you can cover them up by growing your hair a bit, but it sucks that they are the most hard to fade. Anywho are you still using the LED lights from LEDman? is there a better option now for led lights? And also is it possible to achieve good results by just rolling on the areas that have scarring or should we roll on the whole face? Also can the mild scars be able to achieve good results by just rolling, light therapy and the terproline without individual needling? Sorry again munsoned for all the questions, Thank you very much, you are very kind to reply to the questions here.

To a flawless skin. Best of luck to you!

You're welcome..No I have not used my led in a long time. I'm not sure if there is a better option or not? I just roll the areas that have scarring..I have areas of good skin and see no reason to waste time rolling those areas. I have achieved improvements on scars by just rolling but I am not a big fan of rolling as a stand alone treatment for even mild scars. I like to needle first and then roll on top of that. I just feel this allows for the greater potential for improvements. I have never used terproline which is what Lamar used..But even if I did, I like to needle first and then roll on top of that if necessary..No apology necessary and you are welcome.

Thanks and same you:)

MemberMember
(@lmaohf)

Posted : 09/16/2012 4:36 pm

So, you don't use any topical treatment after needling? Now I feel more hopeful! knowing that I can achieve results without topicals rolleyes.gif . Also one last question, Do you use the EMLA? Is the pain from individual needling and rolling unbearable? Can you describe the feeling when needling and rolling? Thanks again for the reply munsoned!

MemberMember
(@munsoned)

Posted : 09/17/2012 10:32 am

So, you don't use any topical treatment after needling? Now I feel more hopeful! knowing that I can achieve results without topicals rolleyes.gif . Also one last question, Do you use the EMLA? Is the pain from individual needling and rolling unbearable? Can you describe the feeling when needling and rolling? Thanks again for the reply munsoned!

I have used topicals after treatments..Mostly C serums, also copper peptides for a time and most recently 302 skincare products..But currently I am not using anything. That doesn't mean I'm against topicals or won't go back to using them. No I have never used emla cream. Needling is not bad at all..The way I am currently needling is pain free. The original way I was needling was still not bad at all. Rolling the pain varies with location. Some areas of your face are more painful then others. But overall it tends to cause a good bit of pain. I don't find it is overwhelming or unbearable but I have a high tolerance to pain. I also don't roll large areas of my face so its not to bad. So yes, it can be a pretty uncomfortable process..I guess it depends on the individual, where you are rolling, how much of your face you are rolling ect.. that can factor in to if you'll need the cream or not.

MemberMember
(@lmaohf)

Posted : 09/18/2012 5:03 am

It's really sad to have the worst of my scars in the temple area that is hardest to treat, but then again its also an area that I can easily conceal just by growing my hair a bit longer. Im actually thinking of combining rolling with stamping? what do you think about that? Also as a substitute for serums I think I will use Rosehip seed oil. Thank you again munsoned for replying, please keep us updated on your improvements, best of luck.

MemberMember
(@munsoned)

Posted : 09/18/2012 11:36 am

It's really sad to have the worst of my scars in the temple area that is hardest to treat, but then again its also an area that I can easily conceal just by growing my hair a bit longer. Im actually thinking of combining rolling with stamping? what do you think about that? Also as a substitute for serums I think I will use Rosehip seed oil. Thank you again munsoned for replying, please keep us updated on your improvements, best of luck.

I have never done stamping so I am not sure how effective it is? If you ask me I would still try and needle. Use the technique i mentioned above and purchase a variety of needles like the 5mm 31g and 29-30g at 12mm. Do your best to needle them and break up the scar and then roll/stamp on top of that. I feel that allows for a greater potential for improvements. I will keep you updated on my progress for sure and please do the same.

MemberMember
(@lmaohf)

Posted : 09/19/2012 8:01 pm

Ok thanks! Do you apply the serums right away after you rolled? or wait a while? I also wanna try rose hip seed oil first before the serums and see if it is effective, and also when you do the needling, do they form a scab and does it look like this? http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=25272 ,

MemberMember
(@munsoned)

Posted : 09/21/2012 3:22 pm

Ok thanks! Do you apply the serums right away after you rolled? or wait a while? I also wanna try rose hip seed oil first before the serums and see if it is effective, and also when you do the needling, do they form a scab and does it look like this? http://www.acne.org/...attach_id=25272 ,

I always applied the topicals shortly after needling and rolling..Yeah you will get a scab when your needle and it does look kind of like that in the link above. The scabbing ect..typically lasts about a week or so.

MemberMember
(@michael24)

Posted : 09/21/2012 10:26 pm

Hey everyone, my brother is looking to start rolling since at the moment he can not afford any type of laser treatments. From what I gather he will need LED lights (Red, Yellow and infrared), 1.5mm roller, and needles for individual scars. I have read the whole thread and saw that many links to lights, rollers, and needles have been posted which are best/most affordable?

The saucer type scar that lamarr had in the second photo is exactly what some of my brothers cheek scars look like. How are these treated? Are the same single needles used to go in at different angles almost like subcision or is a longer needle needed?

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 06/07/2013 12:46 am

bump

MemberMember
(@u1971)

Posted : 01/02/2014 4:05 am

Bump.

I have just read this entire thread. It's a pity Lamarr1986 gave so much information and helped so many forumers, to the point of answering the same questions over and over, and those forumers who benefited from Lamarr's good will didn't come back to report their results, good or bad. Munsoned and Liquid Ocelot were the exceptions.

Some people reported some decent initial improvement (or disapointment) but then disapeared. Did they get further improvement? Were their initial results just false impressions? Any side effects?

I read other long threads and it is always the same. People disappear just when they could give us useful long-term information about acne scar treatments. I think they could come back to the threads where they were posting and say something before leaving the board definitively.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 01/02/2014 4:14 pm

im surprised you read this very long thread. this is by far one of the most interesting threads in the org. i myself was planning on doing what lammar said to do but in the end i chikened out. i wish lamar came back on here to help and update everyone

MemberMember
(@u1971)

Posted : 01/02/2014 9:55 pm

im surprised you read this very long thread. this is by far one of the most interesting threads in the org. i myself was planning on doing what lammar said to do but in the end i chikened out. i wish lamar came back on here to help and update everyone

I'm very interested in skin needling. I have dermarolled my scars, so I know it works. I will add topicals and maybe leds to my treatment and see whether the results will increase or not.

I also wish not just Lamarr, but also Maya, Rosignol and others came back, at least once in a while. They know more than any doctor about acne scars.

bella123 liked
MemberMember
(@zavvi)

Posted : 01/28/2014 9:13 am

I'm very interested in skin needling. I have dermarolled my scars, so I know it works. I will add topicals and maybe leds to my treatment and see whether the results will increase or not.

I also wish not just Lamarr, but also Maya, Rosignol and others came back, at least once in a while. They know more than any doctor about acne scars.

Hi everyone just thought i would let all of those intrested that i will be trying this and will report back with regards to lammar coming back and updating i managed to get in contact with him and he is doing well scars have all gone and he seems to be enjoying life. I have me first genuine dermaroller session tomro so will keep you guys updated i also ordered the led from led man i just ordered the red and infared lammar said it feels that it was the most important to have.

u1971 liked
MemberMember
(@pineapplexpress)

Posted : 04/30/2014 9:09 pm

Hey guys,

Just want to say I am officially giving this a go! banana.gif

I purchased my LED light (not from Led man) and it's 660 nm Red & 880 nm Infrared LED lights, which is the ideal wavelengths needed. At first I was a little bit hesitant about light therapy... I don't know about you guy's but I kept thinking how on earth can holding a light over my face make a difference? I was talking to my brother about it and he made an excellent point. He said, If over exposure to sunlight can have adverse effects such as wrinkles, sunspots, and even cancer etc., etc. then why can't light have beneficial effects as well? Lol, I was SOLD! Also, seems much simpler then needling, and I've been doing that no problem-o! hifive.gif

Now I was researching this LED light therapy and came across something that I found very interesting & I thought it may be beneficial to anyone out there who is also looking into trying Lamarr's method. I know It's kind of long but definitely good stuff to know. I've bolded and color coded the main important things to take from it if you don't want to read the entire thing.rolleyes.gif

"In order to better understand the effects of LEDs on cell growth and proliferation, we have measured radiolabeled thymidine incorporation in vitro in several cell lines treated with LED light at various wavelengths and energy levels. As previously reported, 3T3 fibroblasts (mouse derived skin cells) responded extremely well to laser and LED light exposure (Lubart, 1992, 1993; Yu, 1994, 1997; Yamada, 1991; Whelan, 1999, 2000, 2001). Cell growth increased 150-200% over untreated controls. Additionally, osteoblasts (rat derived) have been reported to have increased DNA synthesis and increased cellular growth rate when exposed to laser light (Yamada, 1991). With LED treatment, we have found that these cells demonstrated a growth-phase specificity, responding only when cells are in the growth phase. In these experiments, fibroblasts and osteoblasts, at a concentration of 1x104 cells/well, were seeded in 24 well plates with a well diameter of 2 square centimeters. DNA synthesis was determined on the second, third, and fourth days in culture for both fibroblasts (Figure 1) and osteoblasts (Figure 2). Exposure to LED irradiation accelerated the growth rate of fibroblasts and osteoblasts in culture for 2 to 3 days (growing phase), but showed no significant change in growth rate for cells in culture at 4 days (stationary phase). These data are important demonstrations of cell-to-cell contact inhibition, which occurs in vitro once cell cultures approach confluence. This is analogous, in vivo, to a healthy organism, which will regenerate healing tissue, but stop further growth when healing is complete. It is important to note that LED treatment accelerates normal healing and tissue regeneration without producing overgrowth or neoplastic transformation."

And they also mentioned in the study that In human epithelial cell line, cell growth increased 155% over untreated controls at 670nm and an increase of 171% over untreated controls was obtained with a wavelength of 880nm

If anybody is interested in reading more I will attach the link to the website I found all this:

http://www.syrolight.com/info/effect-of-nasa-light-emitting-diode-led-irradiation-on-wound-healing

Anyways, this all sounds quite promising! I will keep you guy's posted on what happens **fingers crossed** eusa_pray.gif

MemberMember
(@pineapplexpress)

Posted : 04/30/2014 9:31 pm

Hi everyone just thought i would let all of those intrested that i will be trying this and will report back with regards to lammar coming back and updating i managed to get in contact with him and he is doing well scars have all gone and he seems to be enjoying life. I have me first genuine dermaroller session tomro so will keep you guys updated i also ordered the led from led man i just ordered the red and infared lammar said it feels that it was the most important to have.

Hey Zavvi, thanks so much for updating us on Lamarr!! So happy to hear that his scar removal was permanent and he's out enjoying life. He totally deserved it... we all deserve it!!

Just wondering how are things going for you with the derma rolling and LED combo?