Notifications
Clear all

looking at your face in the rearview mirror...

MemberMember
(@january31)

Posted : 08/01/2008 3:48 am

I was just wondering if anyone else has ever felt that their scars look much deeper when they look in a rearview mirror?

Jan31

MemberMember
(@bug)

Posted : 08/01/2008 1:49 pm

oh yeah, especially at night, when that center light (dome light?) goes on, like when you open the door. and when your'e with someone, it catches you by surprise. like one time (at night of course), i was in my buddy's car. then he went to get gas, and opened his door, and that dome light went on. and he looked at me and asked if i wanted something to drink. it was like BUSTED! ha. i felt exposed.

i actually took out the dome light in my car, for that reason. and the other 2 lights up there, i put a green color plastic cap on one, and a blue cap on the other, so the lights shine dark colors when someone turns them on, so no one can expose me for what i really am (a monster).

frickin scarz...

i also noticed that during daytime, my scarz don't look so bad in the rearview mirror. but once i brought a mirror, and held it up, simulating the angle where someone would look at me if they were in the passenger seat. and my scarz looked HORRIBLE from there. so i guess it all dependz on the lighting and the angle. and your mood at the time (if i'm drunk and happy, i couldn't care less)

MemberMember
(@praisethelordforacnenot)

Posted : 08/01/2008 9:48 pm

oh yeah, especially at night, when that center light (dome light?) goes on, like when you open the door.

Yes in that lightning the scars really does look like shit!

MemberMember
(@kowal01)

Posted : 11/03/2014 9:04 am

Well, I think that scars are visible all the time, which makes a person like me feel very down. But you're right, if lights goes strong, it's looks a bit worse,

MemberMember
(@skullkid87)

Posted : 11/03/2014 6:28 pm

if that light bothers u, most restaurants and bars have this type of lighting. really takes a toll on self esteem. also looking at your reflection on the tinted car window really exposes you.

MemberMember
(@imad)

Posted : 11/03/2014 6:30 pm

fucking hate it, espeally when the sun hit the scar areas ffs

MemberMember
(@desperatesweetdee)

Posted : 11/05/2014 11:52 am

Omg I HATE car mirrors, especially during the day. When I am feeling good and having a confident day, I try to avoid those mirrors at all costs bc as soon as I look in one, I'm reminded that my skin sucks.

It's weird though bc I'm reading the posts here and find that at night is the only time I can look in the car mirrors and not want to kill myself. The soft lighting lessens the appearance of my scars, maybe bc the hyperpigmentation isn't as noticeable?

MemberMember
(@skyline97)

Posted : 11/08/2014 10:17 am

Fuck i thought this was only me that does this shit, look in car mirrors, Im acutally getting happy its starting to look alot better i can drive look in mirror and it shows it worse as it can be and meh, im looking foward to getting rid of it but its not to bad atm im getting semi-happy 8-9 through acctuane hopefully 12 looking ALOT more better :)

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 11/08/2014 9:34 pm

the worse is when u lean over the windshield and see your reflection wow