Notifications
Clear all

Autologous Blood Injection: Acne Scar Repair Via Hyperplasia, Peripheral Stem Cells Deposition, Differentiation & ECM Growth Within Ensuing Haematoma

MemberMember
(@lestat02882)

Posted : 10/28/2008 9:29 am

That's why getting high quality rollers is the only way to go.

BRD

Bulg Derm-

I'm sorry to go off topic, but can you recommend a quality brand of 1.5-2mm roller?

I know there are many roller recommendations on this board, but your opinion would be quite appreciated.

On another note, I've got a .75mm roller from Clearskincare in Australia. They recommend using it every day. Is there any downside to that frequency?

MemberMember
(@ghet)

Posted : 10/28/2008 11:02 am

i write from italy, so sorry for my bad english.

i read all your very intersting post about aotologus blood injection.

i would like to ask you:

i use dermaroller 1.5 and i read you also a good reputation of this application.

do you think the led therapy with 660/880 nm wave lenght could be good immediatily after a dermaroller session?

if yes...could you be so kind to suggest me where i could buy one lamp for this kind of purpose.

i've mid acne scar very shallow.

best regads and really many thanx for your important support,

daniel,

Italy.

MemberMember
(@bulgarian-r)

Posted : 10/29/2008 6:27 am

That's why getting high quality rollers is the only way to go.

BRD

Bulg Derm-

I'm sorry to go off topic, but can you recommend a quality brand of 1.5-2mm roller?

I know there are many roller recommendations on this board, but your opinion would be quite appreciated.

On another note, I've got a .75mm roller from Clearskincare in Australia. They recommend using it every day. Is there any downside to that frequency?

Hi lestat02882,

I would say that the genuine MTS rollers are top quality at the moment. As far as using the clearskin .75mm roller on a daily basis, I would say that your skin could get pretty irritated, but there should not be any other problems. You must also make sure that the needles are not dull and/or bent from prolonged use. Finally you should sterilize your roller with ethyl alcohol. However before you do this I suggest you contact Clearskincare and ask them if their roller was designed for this type of sterilization and if not, what their recommnedations are for future use.

Good luck with the rolling,

BRD

MemberMember
(@bulgarian-r)

Posted : 10/29/2008 6:35 am

i write from italy, so sorry for my bad english.

i read all your very intersting post about aotologus blood injection.

i would like to ask you:

i use dermaroller 1.5 and i read you also a good reputation of this application.

do you think the led therapy with 660/880 nm wave lenght could be good immediatily after a dermaroller session?

if yes...could you be so kind to suggest me where i could buy one lamp for this kind of purpose.

i've mid acne scar very shallow.

best regads and really many thanx for your important support,

daniel,

Italy.

Hi, I saw the private message you sent me as well. It's just that it takes me a while to answer my messages as I get quite a few of them. BTW, you're English is very good.

To answer your question, yes I think that the LED therapy would be a very good addition to dermarolling sessions. I personally don't like to advertise any companies that produce these devices, but you ask I'd say a good one is the DPL. I simply like it because it comes with two large panels that cover the face completely for each treatment, and it only takes 9 minutes to get the proper dose of 4J/cm2. I also like the fact that it offers both red and infrared light, which happens to be at the wavelkengths you were wondering about. There are also some other members of acne.org who got similar systems as the DPL but at reduced prices. I suppose if you look through the internet you'll be able to see what suites you.

Best of luck,

BRD

MemberMember
(@lestat02882)

Posted : 10/29/2008 10:41 am

I would say that the genuine MTS rollers are top quality at the moment.

BRD-

Where are these sold? Ebay? i.e;

http://cgi.ebay.com/MTS-DERMAROLLER-2-MM-F...1742.m153.l1262

$500 US dollars is a bit steep. I suppose if these are the safest, highest quality rollers, I might buy one.

BRD, can you provide a link to a vendor's site that you would recommend?

Thanks again.

MemberMember
(@roller)

Posted : 11/01/2008 7:10 pm

Hey BRD,

Thanks alot of clearing things up. I have a pretty good idea of what to do now. The only important question I have is regarding syringes.

I am suppose to draw less than 1cc of blood with a specific 29 guage syringe and also use the same syringe that contains my blood and inject blood back into my face. The syring is used to draw AND inject. The reason I am emphasizing this point is because my friend's mom who is a nurse tells me that there are separate syringes for drawing blood and injecting blood. Basically, one syringe is not suppose to do both. I need some clarification on this. I'm not an expert on syringes and the internet has way too many different kinds.

Would something like this work?

http://www.amazon.com/tag/29%20guage

Ken

Thanks again.

MemberMember
(@jaden)

Posted : 11/01/2008 10:29 pm

I had a fat graft in my 20's where the doctor left some of the blood attatched and the fat graft has lasted over 10 years now. I am now in my late 30's so I think there is something to do with age.

attatched

hi,

I've seen two doctors today. the first one offered fractional laser. the second one is a prominent, internationally renowened plastic surgeon.

the plastic surgeon recommended 3 sessions of N-lite and autologous blood injection in to my three relatively deep scars. one of them is a shallow ice pick, the other two scars are shallow boxcar scars. he said the percentage of improvement depends. he said one of his patients had zero improvement, but another one had 70% improvement. He also added it is better to have autologous blood injection in your 20s. Because the blood will contain much more protein and growth factors, but this doesn't mean that u can not have it in your 30s or 50s. It is used to correct wrinkles at 30s, 40s etc. What he meant that it is better to have it for acne scars in your 20s. He said it is a new technique and generally not applied. as far as I understood it is an easy procedure. he said it would cost 750 euro per session. you can have it once or more. It depends on you and your scars. this technique is called plasma.

Is there anyone who had this procedure? Af yes, what is the average percentage of improvement?

the assistant of the surgeon said the average improvement is 30%. Isn't it a low percentage.

MemberMember
(@v_singh)

Posted : 02/09/2009 7:41 pm

Hi havingfaith,

I don't have any particular recommendations. I don't want to advertise for any company, because then people may feel that I have some hidden agenda and/or financial incentive to do so. My philosophy is to help you by giving you information that you can then use as a guiding light in your own personal research.

Thereby, here's the information that will point you in the right direction:

- Use a Vitamin-C cream that has a high ascorbic acid concentration of 15% or more. Make sure that the ascorbic acid has been stabilized, otherwise it won't work.

- With regard to hyaluronic acid (HA), you do not need to buy a cream that contains it. You can actually just buy pure HA. You could use an ionic galvanizer massager (personal device) and/or an ultrasound massager (personal device) to help your skin absorb a greater proportion of the substance when it's placed on your epidermis. You can also go the low tech way and buy a dermaroller with a needle length anywhere between 0.2mm and 0.75mm, which will also help you absorb topical creams.

- Your saliva does contain many beneficial substances (ie: growth factors) and it is a natural carrier for HA. There are many peer reviewed articles about the properties of saliva out there on the net. Read them and determine if you like what you see. Saliva can indeed help make your skin more beautiful. Best of all, it's free. Nonetheless, many people will read this and likely think I am crazy. That's normal, after all saliva doesn't really fit society's modern conceptualization of a face cream. That said, I have conducted a study in which I showed that saliva is more effective for certain skin conditions than some of the very expensive creams out there which can sometimes do more harm then good.

Have a good day,

BRD

in regards to using saliva on your skin - you said that you have conducted a study which showed that saliva is more effective then some creams. is there anychance that you could send me the information and results that were obtained from your study as i am very curoius as to how it can be beneficial to the skin. also are there any skin conditions that could be treated using saliva ?

thanks

MemberMember
(@golfer09)

Posted : 02/11/2009 5:25 pm

Just wondering if anyone has tried doing blood injections on thier own. I decided to try it on myself. I am not able to find anyone around here to perfrom PRP injections so I thought I'd give it a try this way. It is a very easy thing to do on yourself. The tricky part was knowing how deep to actually inject the blood into a scar. I only did one scar, so I will see what happens. I can answer any questions, if any.

MemberMember
(@v_singh)

Posted : 02/11/2009 6:10 pm

hey golfer, its kl that you done the blood injection ... how long ago did you do it and what have you noticed so far in terms of scar depth ?

MemberMember
(@golfer09)

Posted : 02/11/2009 6:15 pm

hey golfer, its kl that you done the blood injection ... how long ago did you do it and what have you noticed so far in terms of scar depth ?

Hey there. I did the injection 4 days ago. Prior to that I tried it out on my arm to see how long I would have the hematoma. For me it takes about a week to fade away. As for scar depth, its way to early to say. Right now it is just a dark spot on my face. I only tried it out on one scar and it was not a deep scar to begin with. I just wanted to try it before I decide to do any of my deeper scars.

MemberMember
(@v_singh)

Posted : 02/14/2009 1:31 pm

thanks golfer for tha reply keep me posted on the results as im thinking of getting it done by Dr Khan

MemberMember
(@berlinquestion)

Posted : 02/20/2009 6:32 am

Hello!

Do you know a doctor who does stem cells injections in Germany?? I canAt find anyone.

Can SC really regenerate the damaged skin? How can I know that the ST are active and not only the injected fat or hyaloron??

Thanks for answering (Excuse my english)

Kuki

MemberMember
(@roller)

Posted : 02/24/2009 6:05 am

Just wondering if anyone has tried doing blood injections on thier own. I decided to try it on myself. I am not able to find anyone around here to perfrom PRP injections so I thought I'd give it a try this way. It is a very easy thing to do on yourself. The tricky part was knowing how deep to actually inject the blood into a scar. I only did one scar, so I will see what happens. I can answer any questions, if any.

Hey Golfer,

What type of syringe did you use? A link would be great! One important question.. Are you using the same syringe to draw blood from your body and inject back in?

MemberMember
(@bulgarian-r)

Posted : 02/24/2009 5:14 pm

Hello!

Do you know a doctor who does stem cells injections in Germany?? I cant find anyone.

Can SC really regenerate the damaged skin? How can I know that the ST are active and not only the injected fat or hyaloron??

Thanks for answering (Excuse my english)

Kuki

Hi,

I don't know a doctor in Germany who does this. In fact there are very few doctors in the world who even know it can be done. Please look at the stem cell thread for more information about where you could potentially get this done and how to go about proposing the procedure to a physician who is still unaware of it.

To answer your second question, when fat is reinjected in a place where there is a tissue deficit, two things happen. One the skin gets plumped up and two the overall quality of the skin improves.

Studies have found that the mesenchymal stem cells in the fat are responsible for the improvement in the quality of the skin. It seems that they remodel the dermal architecture to an extent that is not observed with other procedures, even though there is a relatively limited amount of these stem cells in the fat itself. There is also evidence that if the fat is injected along with a higher than normal concentration of stem cells, then much more of it will be able to survive at the site of injection. Thus the results become long-term, as in 10-20+ years...

The key is to extract the said stem cells and then culture then in order to significantly increase their quantity. Once that's done one can either have them injected as a standalone autologous filler, or in combination with fat.

As I said earlier, check out the stem cell thread where you'll find more of the information that you are looking.

All the best...

MemberMember
(@v_singh)

Posted : 02/25/2009 7:55 pm

question for BRD:

in regards to using saliva on your skin - you said that you have conducted a study which showed that saliva is more effective then some creams. is there anychance that you could send me the information and results that were obtained from your study as i am very curoius as to how it can be beneficial to the skin. also are there any skin conditions that could be treated using saliva ?

thanks

MemberMember
(@bulgarian-r)

Posted : 02/27/2009 1:42 pm

question for BRD:

thanks

Hello v_singh,

Yes I did conduct a study along with one of my professors a few years ago. We basically found that human saliva helps wounds heal faster and with less fibrous tissue formation. The reason we conducted the experiment was to determine if saliva was responsible for the scarless healing that occurs in the oral mucosa. We found that it does indeed help in many regards such as allowing wounded cells to organize a much faster healing response. It also became obvious that the cells in the oral mucosa, including its resident fibroblasts, tend to respond to injury in a very intriguing and almost foetal like fashion as opposed to those of the extermal dermis. This however is due to an inherently different gene expression in these cells and saliva simply allows them to do their job (ie: differentiation) better. I have always stated that one of the keys to scarless healing lies in the cells lining the inside of our mouths.:)

Anyway, saliva contains many components (ie: hyaluronic acid, histatin, opiorphin, more than 40 different proteins including glycoproteins, enzymes and growth factors such as VEGF, etc...) that kill pathogens, help regulate the immunological response and organize fibroblasts that are rebuilding the damaged tissue. When compared to expensive creams being sold on the market, saliva performed better in many ways, especially in regard to wounded skin. Some companies are even trying to develop the next generation products for chronic diabetic ulcers by researching the way in which saliva works. Here's an article for you: http://www.o-wm.com/content/compound-human...s-wound-healing

MemberMember
(@lolita19)

Posted : 02/28/2009 5:35 pm

hi BD,

I've read ur other post on Stem Cell Injection along with this one. So which one do you personally recoommand one to do to treat acne scarring? Taking cost and # of treatment all together?

Thanks alot! :)

MemberMember
(@scarsruinlife)

Posted : 03/10/2009 4:26 am

Sorry folks i know this isn't the right place to post this but sir BRD your inbox was full i tried sending you a message, and i thank you a million times the way you're helping us. Ok i've some depressed scars on my cheek. I've been taking vitamin c 2gm a day from last 2 month and seen a slight improvement in my scars. Wat i want to ask is, is there any difference between ascorbic acid and vitamin c cause the brand i buy keep changing sometime i buy vitamin c tablets which need to be swallowed with water and other is ascorbic acid 200 mg plus sodium ascorbat 300 mg. I want to ask which would help with my scars and when i stop taking it my scars are back to depression so for how long i need to take this and can it cause kidney cancer. Thanks in advance. Sorry too many questions

MemberMember
(@berlinquestion)

Posted : 03/10/2009 7:04 pm

Dear Bulgarian Doctor,

many thanks for the detailled answer!

This topic is already so old (its researched already for a long time) and nevertheless so young. After everything what I read -it was quite a lot- I do not understand following: stem cells can indeed regenerate heart muscels, collagen, neural defectives and so on, however not (yet) our largest organ- the skin...

Do you think embryonic stem cells will be suitable to heal atrophic scars at some time, I mean to create a new skin, instead of only improving appearance by collagen induction?

Greetings from Berlin

Kuki

MemberMember
(@simon17777)

Posted : 04/07/2009 12:31 am

Hi Bulgarian R. Dermatologist

Does Autologous Blood Injection give better result than subcision?

Besides using an LED therapy, should I also use an ultrasound to stimulate collage after an Autologous Blood Injection or subcision procedure?

MemberMember
(@superfumi)

Posted : 06/08/2009 2:22 pm

Hi BRD,

I hope we haven't lost you, this thread seems to have gone dead. I have only caught up with the contents of the thread this month.

I would like compliment you on the articulate way in which you construct your replies. I assume english is not your first language being Bulgarian, yet you have a better handle on the language than most 'native' speakers I know.

Also, I thought it was terrible that you have had to defend your intentions in this thread when to any intelligent observer you are clearly highly educated, compassionate and thoroughly knowledgeable on the topic of scar treatment (among many others I am sure). So thanks for persisting despite this. The thread was easily the most interesting, engaging and hope inspiring I have read on this website for some time.

I have severe atrophic scarring and have had many sessions of needling and subcision with Dr McCaffery in Sydney and also tried several Fraxel Treatments (SR1500). I have had some moderate improvement, but am giving things a rest until a more hopeful and credible option arises.

I am very interested in autologous fat grafting/transfer as an option. I note that you stress the importance of finding a skilled practioner. I am willing to travel to the right person. Do you have any advice on who would be the leader/s in this field?

I have come across this guy:

http://www.lamfacialplastics.com/plastic_s.../view/1624/516/

If it is inappropriate for you to comment publicly on another health professional, I understand. Any advice with regards to how to identify credentials in fat grafting would be appreciated.

Thanks again for all the time you are giving to help everyone on this board. It does make a difference and I am sure that most people are highly appreciative.

Cheers

MemberMember
(@scarcrash)

Posted : 07/19/2010 3:42 pm

Has anyone ever tried this method?

Are there any derms in the US that use autologous blood injection?

Thanks

MemberMember
(@nenuphar)

Posted : 06/01/2013 11:22 am

Hey guys,

I am with scarcrash, has anyone tried it here?

(I know two people mentioned they did, it would be helpful if they could give us some update!)

It seems like a great and very affordable method and the science behind it is totally plausible...