Notifications
Clear all

Im CONFIDENT Silicone injections was the best decision Ive made for my acne scarring.

MemberMember
(@doggydogg)

Posted : 09/04/2008 8:56 am

I have been getting artefill treatments as well. I have had every treatment you can possibly think of with the exception of CO2. I have darker skin so this is not really an option for me. I tried fraxel and it is a waste of time and money. In my opinion, if I were lighter skin the best thing to to do would be to get a filler to make the scar as superficial as possible (however many number of treatments you need would be variable). I would follow this by a powerful ablative laser (CO2 or maybe fractional CO2) to improve whatever is left. Just my opinion but i think it would give good results.

MemberMember
(@dingdingding)

Posted : 09/05/2008 8:08 pm

hey guys, for those of you who have tried the fillers injection treatments, I was told by one dermatologist that scar tissues can make these fillers spread out to other areas on your face, unlike with wrinkles where the fillers just stay at where you inject them. In other words it's hard to be precise and predictable using fillers to treat acne scars - it might not go to where you want it

Has anyone heard anything similar to this? And how are Dr Lam's skills in terms of controlling where the fillers go

MemberMember
(@dan-t)

Posted : 09/06/2008 2:49 pm

dingdingding - I have not heard of that problem with silicone done with the micro-droplet technique since the droplet is so small, that it stays in place while the collagen builds around it. I have had severe scarring and I did not see a displacement of the filler droplets with my 7 treatments of silicone micro-droplets. The injections were very precisce and the results showed up in the injected spots.

However, when I had one treatment with Restalyne, the benefits lasted for about 3 weeks or so because, just as your doctor said, the underlying scar tissue acted as a conduit and the restalyne just dispersed (at least that was the opinion of one of the nurses that I spoke to afterward). So restalyne was an expensive trial ($400) that went away very fast.

I did not notice the same dispersion with the silicone micro-droplet because each one was injected into its own pocket of tissue and there is not a mass injection and then a mass dispersion like some of the other fillers.

MemberMember
(@dingdingding)

Posted : 09/06/2008 3:59 pm

dingdingding - I have not heard of that problem with silicone done with the micro-droplet technique since the droplet is so small, that it stays in place while the collagen builds around it. I have had severe scarring and I did not see a displacement of the filler droplets with my 7 treatments of silicone micro-droplets. The injections were very precisce and the results showed up in the injected spots.

However, when I had one treatment with Restalyne, the benefits lasted for about 3 weeks or so because, just as your doctor said, the underlying scar tissue acted as a conduit and the restalyne just dispersed (at least that was the opinion of one of the nurses that I spoke to afterward). So restalyne was an expensive trial ($400) that went away very fast.

I did not notice the same dispersion with the silicone micro-droplet because each one was injected into its own pocket of tissue and there is not a mass injection and then a mass dispersion like some of the other fillers.

thanks for the informative post Dan. Were you pleased with the results you got from the silicon injections?

now that i think about it, that dermatologist did mention Restalyne when he told me about the filler dispersion problem. I wonder if it's something in Restalyne that causes it?

Does anyone know if this Dr Lam uses micro-droplet technology?

MemberMember
(@francescan)

Posted : 07/05/2011 1:38 pm

silicone is dangerous!

i was very stupid and very desperate so last year i travelled to NY couple of times to have silicone injected by what i believed at the time was reliable doc. of course i was wrong. i always wanted dermal grafts or recollagenation with fascia and i should have never agreed to have this awful thing injected into my face, but if youre desperate you do stupid things before thinking twice.

i had two treatments, it only took two rounds to be left with several lumps, bumps and very visible overcorrection right in the middle of right cheek competely deforming the shape structure and normality of the unit. one word awful. i have gone back third time to have these removed by electrodessication surgery and yes some where removed just fine, one spot left terrible burn scar and irregularity which i think would require revision surgery or grafting to ever look like skin tissue again. overall just about the most awfull experience of my life. i havent stop crying everytime i look in the mirror and all i wish is never to change my mind to have some dermal grafting done first. i do blame myself a lot what else can you expect being treated by a girl hardly older then you with virtualy no experience at all. anyway, i am trying to move on and find help to sort out this outrageous lumpy atrophic something i am left with on my right cheek hopefully its going to be possible. everybody who wants to have silicone: if you have little icepicks or deep cuts and burns like scars, basically if epidermis is gone it wont work, you need scar revision surgery, if you have to have silicone, pls choose somebody who is a. plastic surgeon (NOT dermatologist) b. has got decades of experience and c. you confident that this is what you have wanted. good luck and be merry

F

MemberMember
(@searching4cure)

Posted : 02/21/2013 7:07 pm

Drew Boy,

I'm having trouble viewing your before after pics...are they still up? I'm thinking about silicone injections. So far I've tried dermabrasion twice, 7 fraxel treatments, I've had injections, microdermabrastions, chemical peels, etc...etc. Nothing has worked. I'm concerned that I'm always going to have acne scarring. I would consider going to Texas to see Dr Lam or Alkek---unless there is a doctor who is just as good here in the midwest. I have acne scarring all over my checks, almost down to my jawline. I think it would be difficult to treat so many scars -one scar at a time-with injections.