Notifications
Clear all

New R-ALA Intense Gel is Great!

MemberMember
(@mark22)

Posted : 01/16/2004 12:15 am

Amoira, thank you very much for response! O:)

I used new IG for the first time and washed it out with papaya soap (used for the first time too)... I got severe irratation...Now I am trying to figure out what was the reason of the break out: papaya soap or jojoba oil in new IG...

Congrats with your skin progress! =D> Which product do you think contributed the most in your skin results?

MemberMember
(@amoira)

Posted : 01/16/2004 12:39 am

Boy Katu that is hard. I really can't say. I think the exfoliation from the Taz in combination with the high quality moisture may be the reason the skin is looking good. The reason I can't say is this new regime is only a couple of months old and I added many differnt things. I think exfoliation with great quality moisture and healing properties from CP's and the Intense Gel makes for nice looking skin. The hope is to keep the acne at bay along with it smile.gif Sorry for your reaction!! I am guessing they are both new to you so you can't pin point either one right?

MemberMember
(@maya)

Posted : 01/16/2004 4:32 am

The 2nd time I used the R-ala ... (yesterday morning) my face burned like hell for 20 minutes -I was expecting to go really red/pink but I didn't. I think it may have been that I'd use curryboys papaya soap the night before.

And in an effort to make my 1oz last longer, I make a mix of 50/50 of the IG with Emu oil b4 applying.

MemberMember
(@poppy6)

Posted : 01/16/2004 5:39 am

It seems Im doing the same routine as you Amoira apart from the TAZ and I have to say my skin has never looked better using Papaya Soap in conjunction with IG and CP Serum! I cant say if my scars are less noticeable, my skin is even, pores are smaller and I have a healthy glow which I havent had in year! these products are great! skin looks crap at the moment but cause Im peeling from using TCA, regret messing with the routine I had! cant wait to try new RLA Gel!

MemberMember
(@amoira)

Posted : 01/16/2004 10:37 am

Yah Poppy isn't it wonderful. What I am so psyched about is that my red marks from acne are healing faster then ever so even if I get a pimple or two the red marks aren't staying as long. Woohoo!

MemberMember
(@maya)

Posted : 01/18/2004 4:28 am

Some of you may be aware that for the past few days I have been experiencing some horrible wrinkling on my face ....

This morning, I woke up .... and my face is flaking all over - I'm pretty sure it's the new puredeming r-ala intense gel - I've used it 3/4 days running, each time it has given me the most amazing stinging and burning sensation .... now my face looks like how I imagine the posters on the TCA complex thread talk about when their skin starts to slough ....

Up until this moment, my skin has been like a different texture for a few days, all dry, wrinkly and scaly nature...... sad.gif

I guess I over dried it using the BioLamp too ...... ](*,)

Anyway, I think I will go and try Julies microcrystals on them now .... and also post this on the Puredeming r-ala thread.... but I wish I had the amino-plex for soothing now!

But it just goes to show that this new IG is much more potent - I never had this kind of peeling with the old IG.

MemberMember
(@maya)

Posted : 01/18/2004 7:16 am

OMG - I am peeling so much my face has gone bright red. sad.gif

I got into the shower and steamed my face ... then used the microcrystals to rub the flakes off with - the flakes kept coming ... until I was flaking more and more and it got too painful to continue .. and I am now positive it is the r-ala IG - as it's the only product I used under my eyes and on my eyelids - which have been flaking too (hence the wrinkly look under the eyes).......

I think I will have to give my face a total break from all products except moisterisers and the amino-plex when it arrives.

And in future, when I use the IG, I will only use it on my cheeks and forehead.

Has anyone else experienced this excessive peeling??????????

MemberMember
(@emit)

Posted : 01/18/2004 9:22 am

Maya, considering the amount of products and procredures you put your skin through it doesn't suprise me in the least that it is rebelling against you.

Let your poor skin rest and just dose it up with a healthy, nourishing moisturiser for at least two to three weeks. You seem to really go hell bent on inflicting all manner of treatments upon yourself.

I find it odd that you don't realise that the constant tampering and irritations will cause all manner of problems for your poor skin to deal with.

JUST LET IT BE.

MemberMember
(@denise2)

Posted : 01/18/2004 10:27 am

Maya....it's probably the bio-lamp that is causing such intense dryness/flaking. While the new r-ala seems potent, I don't think anyone is having the same issues that you are having. The main difference between you and others is that you are using the bio lamp.

Probably good to let the skin heal as you said but then try the r-ala without the biolamp a few times and see what happens. That way you'll know for certain that it's the biolamp. I don't really see any reason why your skin would peel so much from just the r-ala. :-k

MemberMember
(@animegirle)

Posted : 01/18/2004 11:34 am

I have had a tiny bit of peeling, but nothing major. I agree with the use of the biolamp plus the intense gel. Hope you get better Maya!! smile.gif

MemberMember
(@maya)

Posted : 01/18/2004 11:35 am

Denise - Actually I'm pretty sure it is the r-ala .... I say this because I used the Biolamp with the OLD VERSION of IG for a couple of weeks (using both daily) with the BioLamp, often leaving the IG on my face whilst under the Biolamp ..... and never once did my face peel or go bright red..................but since I have used the r-ala version,( I haven't even used it whilst under the BioLamp) my face has become dehydrated, wrinkly, and of late flakey and peely.. sad.gif

Apart from the standard moisterisers of emu and jojoba, a 5 minute lactic peel, 1 papaya soap .. I haven't used anything else whilst trying the r-ala stuff ......... I'm not saying it's no good .... I'm saying that it is extremely potent and for me, obviously not suitable as a daily thing.

Emit - I agree, I'm going to rest my face for a while... but I assure you, I don't use nearly as many topicals as some of the posters here - but I do think my pale Asian skin can't take too much.

MemberMember
(@oursfan)

Posted : 01/18/2004 11:36 am

I could be wrong but it sounds like it's a combination of the RAM and the Bio Lamp. I think that retinoids tend to dry some people out. I also recall someone saying that the Bio Lamp helped regulate oily skin.

I think it's definitely a good idea to use products that will repair, moisturize and heal your skin's barrier. If pretty much everything stings, I might even consider applying Aquaphor or Vaseline (if you don't have Aquaphor). This is what my Derm had me apply after my CO2 laser surgery. Just a suggestion.

MemberMember
(@maya)

Posted : 01/18/2004 11:39 am

Thanks Tamara but I only used RAM twice in the last month and the last time was nearly 1 week ago. And the best moisteriser I have at the moment is Emu Oil, so I am putting this on many times a day followed with some manuka honey ... and my Camilla oil should arrive in the next few days so that might be useful.

It is less painful/red now... O:)

MemberMember
(@oursfan)

Posted : 01/18/2004 11:46 am

Well, I am sure you know your skin better than anyone. It's just odd to me that this ALA would cause such irritation/peeling.

:-k

I guess we learn something new all the time.

I am glad it's getting better Maya. smile.gif

Hang in there!

MemberMember
(@mark22)

Posted : 01/18/2004 12:04 pm

is new R-ALA IG stronger than regular IG? :-k

I use regular IG for about a month and and i don't feel burning anymore, just intense warmth...

i used new R-ALA IG for the first time yesterday and i does really \"burn\" my skin!

MemberMember
(@maya)

Posted : 01/18/2004 12:18 pm

Peharps' date=' Jojoba oil penetrates the skin better/deeper than Olive&Sunflowers oils. [/quote']

Ahh, I hadn't considered that (my brain cells are too old LOL!) - yes, maybe it's that becasue Jojoba is more transdermal qualities... but at the same time, maybe r-ala is so much more potent too and that's a double whammy!

MemberMember
(@amoira)

Posted : 01/18/2004 1:05 pm

I haven't had increased peeling from the new Gel and I used TAZ nightly.. just switched to RAM (.01%) and wow is it ever stronger then the TAZ (.5%). Anyway.. interesting reaction. I do have some stinging and a red blush after, so I use my gel at night and I am mixing some camilla oil with it. I remeber you saying you are mixing the emu oil with it.. could this be helping it penentrate too and maybe why your reaction is different from others?

MemberMember
(@johnnery)

Posted : 01/18/2004 1:45 pm

Maya, I think it is the R-ALA. When I overtaped my chin last week I thought that frequent applications of the R-ALA would help the redness and peeling, because of the product's high content of healing oils. However, I immediately noticed afterward that my chin started peeling more, so for the past 3 or 4 nights I haven't applied anything to my face at bedtime and have opted instead to allow my skin's natural oils get rid of the peeling. Each morning, I have noticed there is less redness and peeling and my chin is almost back to normal. I also used the BioLamp (three times so far) and I too think it was excacerbating the dryness. I agree that there is a lot to be said for taking a break from doing too much (at least for a couple days) and to just allow the skin's natural oils repair whatever irritation is on the skin's surface.

At any rate, I'm glad your redness and irritation have begun to subside. P.S. I can't seem to get enough of the BioLamp. It is so warm and relaxing it almost puts me into a transcendental state! biggrin.gif

MemberMember
(@amoira)

Posted : 01/18/2004 1:58 pm

Though it is interesting that the two people who are using the lamp are peeling? Anyone else peeling from this gel that are not using any other exfoliants?

MemberMember
(@mark22)

Posted : 01/18/2004 2:12 pm

Ahh, I hadn't considered that (my brain cells are too old LOL!) !

MemberMember
(@mark22)

Posted : 01/18/2004 2:19 pm

i wrote to PureDeming about "ALA vs. R-ALA and jojoba oil" theory and here is the answer from Deming:

"yes I think you are right. We, still, have not seen definitive evidence that the R-ala is better for topical application then the 50/50 mix and Jojoba is a great oil [really a wax, not oil] at penetrating the skin. Our Olive oil is a pure oil and much thicker then the Jojoba, so maybe there is less absorption /penetration with the Olive oil? Deming"

MemberMember
(@mark22)

Posted : 01/18/2004 2:22 pm

yes, maybe it's that becasue Jojoba is more transdermal qualities... but at the same time, maybe r-ala is so much more potent too and that's a double whammy!

MemberMember
(@mark22)

Posted : 01/18/2004 2:36 pm

here is the link from the beauty forum where one of the members explains the abilities of jojoba oil... (i find it interesting):

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthr...ight=jojoba+oil

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/18/2004 3:18 pm

My skin has been so sensitive and dry for the winter, that the regular IG dries me out and makes me peel. I can only use it once or twice a week right now. The products that work best for me now are the camellia oil (you will love it Maya), Amino-Plex spray and Kinerase cream. I 'exfoliate' with a very small amount of apple cider vinegar and water..... a 1 to 4 ratio... 1 being vinegar and 4 being water.... like Tamara I believe. Also, the microdermabrasion crystals work well because the exfoliation can be controlled. And that's it! My retin a, mandelic acid and peels are in storage under my bathroom sink until my skin changes from the dry and sensitive state it has been in for a couple of months.

I want to buy the R ALA, yet I am going to wait on it for now as I am using so many products.....

MemberMember
(@maya)

Posted : 01/18/2004 3:50 pm

Scorpion - yeah, must be the winter months drying me up too

Right now, I'm just covered in Neosporing - feels soothing.

REALLY???? The Camellia oil is good?? biggrin.gif I'm expecting it in the post within the next few days, can't wait!. I'm also expecting the Amino-plex in 10 days or so .... and I just ordered (due to your recommendation) some sample sizes of the Kinerase lotion off ebay (by the way, it's a good price there) biggrin.gif