Notifications
Clear all

Sea water helped me!!

MemberMember
(@speckle)

Posted : 08/03/2007 7:48 pm

I live only two minutes from the beach, but its cold Victorian water and its winter here (Australia) So I filled up some containers with sea water and brought it home to put in the bathtub. Then I put in some hot water from the tap to warm it up a bit. Then I got in the bath and soaked for awhile.

It was unbelievably soothing! Not just for the face but the whole body. You can feel a warm tingle all over your body from the salt water.

I actually lay face down in the bath with a snorkle so I could breathe (not the mask just the snorkle) My eyes where closed, ears blocked by water. It felt amazingly relaxing and soothing.

As for red marks and acne.. I used to surf almost every day when living in a warmer climate and that definately helped keep acne under control.

I've only tried this bath thing once so far, but will continue doing it. I'm sure it will help with red marks.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/18/2010 4:39 pm

Lol funny you should post this ... I'm 21 and ALSO going on vacation with parents to the Gulf Coast, which certainly means salt water for me! My mother has been telling me that tanning will help the scars and whatnot, but given your results, I'm gonna be doing lots of swimming too! Now I look forward to it even more! :)

MemberMember
(@b-e-e-b-o)

Posted : 07/18/2010 4:55 pm

^^talk about bumping up an old thread....but yeah, sea/salt water does help when you have cuts and stuff. I assume it would also work with red marks.

MemberMember
(@joris)

Posted : 07/18/2010 5:12 pm

*going to get salt and water*

Any tips for the type of salt?? I would prefer sea water, but thats not really possible.

MemberMember
(@greentiger87)

Posted : 07/18/2010 5:15 pm

I kind of want to try this too, I know a lot of people have suggested Meditteranean Sea Salt. I'm curious if himalayan pink salt would make a difference (the pink is from iron oxide).

MemberMember
(@mr-pineapple)

Posted : 07/18/2010 5:15 pm

Well I certainly agree that sea water is great for your skin. I live in Hawaii and before I left to college last year I never had much of an acne problem. Within two months in college (IDAHO), I started breaking out and scarring. But when I went home for winter break I went to the beach, and my scars and acne faded within a week. However, I went back to college and the breakouts started up again immediately and much more severe. And now I'm back home for summer break and the sea water just isn't doing what it did for me in winter break. My scars only darkened from the sun and I think it prolonged it's stay on my face. It did help with my acne but I'm also on BP now so I think it was the BP and not the sea water. Also, because I'm on BP now, my face burns so badly when my face is drying from the sea water. So, I love the ocean, so does my puppy, so I don't avoid it, but it isn't doing anything beneficial for my acne scars at the moment.

MemberMember
(@okaythen)

Posted : 07/19/2010 1:22 pm

Looking good hon!

The beach water here is icky. =[

MemberMember
(@joris)

Posted : 07/19/2010 2:11 pm

found 1kg dead certified sea salt for 6euros, think im gonna buy that. Seems like a good deal. Will be going to that place within few days. Going to pick up some other supplements also.

MemberMember
(@caliente)

Posted : 07/21/2010 8:51 pm

do I have to buy a certain type of sea salt or can I use any to wash my face daily with? dont live close to a beach :/

MemberMember
(@ag123)

Posted : 07/23/2010 12:52 pm

accutane

+

2 weeks of sun

+

salt water

+

other variables

= fading of marks

still not the safest thing to do as your skin was torn down by accutane, and you let it out in the sun exposed. i think you might have done more harm than good, but you look great so who knows

MemberMember
(@spectacled_owl)

Posted : 07/23/2010 1:06 pm

For the past week I've been mixing sea salt into some water and putting it on my face. At night I take my makeup off, wash with a gentle soap, then soak a facecloth in the salt water and massage this into my face. I don't wash it off either, I just let it air dry. I don't even need to moisturize. Then I wash my face like normal in the morning.

All I know is my face looks better and has less breakouts =) Too soon to tell if this is amazing yet though.

p.s. I got the idea from reading this thread and another one that mentions using salt water too. Plus, my skin always felt and looked better after going to the beach. I just never thought I could replicate it at home.

MemberMember
(@gretzky99)

Posted : 07/25/2010 10:22 pm

I don't think its the sea water exactly thats making the red marks fade, although it is a partial reason as to why the red marks are fading quickly. I find that the drier my skin is the quicker my red marks fade. I don't know why this is but it seems that whenever my skin is dry my red marks fade like its no ones business. Sea water contains salt which we all know dries our skin so I am assuming that this might have something to do with the fading of the red marks. By no means am I saying that you should keep dry skin as it is only by moisturizing that your skin remains healthy, all I am saying is from personal experience, the drier my skin, the quicker my red marks fade.

MemberMember
(@drewfish01)

Posted : 01/10/2013 5:15 pm

Anyone else tried this with buying sea salt and mixing it with water to see if it works?

MemberMember
(@blottedscience)

Posted : 01/14/2013 3:53 pm

Amazing!!!