Notifications
Clear all

Sea water helped me!!

MemberMember
(@ballaballa)

Posted : 01/05/2007 11:41 pm

maybe it was more so you rubbing all the dead skin cells off instead of the seawater?

MemberMember
(@lexia)

Posted : 01/06/2007 1:41 am

Thanks everyone =)

do you get new red marks? or you completely stopped getting active acne
MemberMember
(@aussiegirl)

Posted : 01/06/2007 4:18 am

I agree with the salt water theory - I had an awful scar from a cyst which was so obvious - but I went on a scuba diving trip for 4 days (spending about 6 hours all up under water) and when I got home it had completely disappeared. :D The only problem was that the water pressure from scuba diving seemed to exaccerbate another cyst, and it got bigger. Now that its finally going down I might need to go stick my head in the sea. Thanks for the reminder!

MemberMember
(@miamiii)

Posted : 01/06/2007 4:44 pm

soo yeah I just figured out i love you haha.. the beach is amazing i am going there everyday... and it definitly helped my marks out alot.. Anyways i need to ask you.. I am leaving to college next weekend .. and its to the freezing cold.. I know every time i leave here to college i break out worse everytime.. I am soo worried : (... So i was thinking maybe try tanning beds 3 times a week .. do you think that would help ??

MemberMember
(@lexia)

Posted : 01/07/2007 12:42 am

soo yeah I just figured out i love you haha.. the beach is amazing i am going there everyday... and it definitly helped my marks out alot.. Anyways i need to ask you.. I am leaving to college next weekend .. and its to the freezing cold.. I know every time i leave here to college i break out worse everytime.. I am soo worried : (... So i was thinking maybe try tanning beds 3 times a week .. do you think that would help ??
MemberMember
(@ozzfest)

Posted : 01/07/2007 5:46 am

i dont live near the beach... does dipping head into water diluted with salt ok too? lol

MemberMember
(@lexia)

Posted : 01/08/2007 6:59 am

i dont live near the beach... does dipping head into water diluted with salt ok too? lol
MemberMember
(@astraea)

Posted : 01/09/2007 6:18 am

Wow, I'm really tempted to try this since your pics show such great improvement.

Like everyone else though, I don't exactly live right by the ocean.

SO I decided to search and see if you can actually BUY sea water, and I found a few that you can buy! haha...

http://www.ihealthtree.com/sea-water-liqui...al-sources.html

http://www.perfumeworldwide.com/product_in...roducts_id=4358

This reminds me of how all of those dead sea salt products are so popular lately.

MemberMember
(@user15978)

Posted : 01/12/2007 12:56 am

i went to the beach today Ohhhh i had soo much fun...

I was thinking about this post that Lexia did i soo wanted to just dip my head in and just swim, but their is noo wayy i can go without makeup ( i had minerals on)

Lexia im in australia too! Which beach do you go to? I went to Williamstown, down in VIC. But its about 1/2 hour drive from my place.

MemberMember
(@astraea)

Posted : 01/12/2007 7:06 am

Haha I actually ordered some sea water! The "Natural Sources" brand, I just looked on froogle and found 32oz for less than $10. It seems that it's sold in vitamin stores because some people drink it for minerals or something. Hmmm ... I'll see if it's actually like sea water and usable for washing your face. I hope so! Your results were amazing so it just made me want to try this.

MemberMember
(@ttack)

Posted : 01/12/2007 12:29 pm

dont buy seawater thats dumb, youll get alot more use out of buying the sea salt, then adding that too water.

MemberMember
(@cherrybunny3)

Posted : 01/12/2007 2:25 pm

Is there a sea salt that i can find in stores?

MemberMember
(@miamiii)

Posted : 01/12/2007 5:00 pm

heyy beautiful : )...

Yes i have been going to the beach everyday.. It has been awesome.. I study Medical and Buisness in college.. are you in college? or are you coming to college in Miami haha..

MemberMember
(@zegogglestheydonothing)

Posted : 01/14/2007 12:39 am

So you are on Accutane, went in the sun for 2 weeks without sunscreen, rubbed the skin off of your face and "clearly" salt water is what helped? You have waaay to many variables to draw a conclusion like that.

Also, sun damage is terrible for your skin. It also is not good for acne in the long run. Please wear sunscreen next time, your dermatologist would cringe if he/she knew that you weren't wearing sunscreen on tane. Premature aging, skin cancer...

MemberMember
(@nikole69)

Posted : 01/14/2007 2:42 am

I think I might pop to the beach in my lunch break tomorrow with a big jar, I don't really have red marks, but I'm wondering if it might help with the pimples I have at the moment.

MemberMember
(@lexia)

Posted : 01/14/2007 8:58 pm

Is there a sea salt that i can find in stores?
MemberMember
(@shrugs)

Posted : 01/14/2007 10:17 pm

So you are on Accutane, went in the sun for 2 weeks without sunscreen, rubbed the skin off of your face and "clearly" salt water is what helped? You have waaay to many variables to draw a conclusion like that.

Also, sun damage is terrible for your skin. It also is not good for acne in the long run. Please wear sunscreen next time, your dermatologist would cringe if he/she knew that you weren't wearing sunscreen on tane. Premature aging, skin cancer...

MemberMember
(@syn1122)

Posted : 01/14/2007 10:26 pm

actually alot of people have said ocean and beach water is great for skin

from what i heard

and sea weed is yummy lol

MemberMember
(@markymark)

Posted : 01/15/2007 1:04 am

isnt it really cold in the beach now?

MemberMember
(@user15978)

Posted : 01/15/2007 1:43 am

^ not really, you get used to it. =]

MemberMember
(@jjred4)

Posted : 01/15/2007 5:44 pm

Hey Lexia....thanks for sharing this with all of us.....Ive had marks for over 10 months now and NOTHING has happened to them. Im so sick of having to see them everyday.....have your marks stayed the same since your vacation? Pleaseeeeee let us know how your marks are doing and once again thanks for sharing

J

MemberMember
(@lexia)

Posted : 01/16/2007 6:47 am

shes been on accutane for awhile, accutane wasnt helping fade her red marks much before, the ONLY variable is the holiday she went on during which she was exposed to a) sea water and b) sun. considering she doesnt look any tanner in her "after" picture, the only remaining explanation is the sea water......

the amount of minerals in the sea is ridiculous..thats why sea veggies are so great for you - they absorb minerals from the surrounding water.

why are natural cures so hard to believe? as though NATURE doesnt know how to achieve perfection, but MAN does? sort of arrogant..no?

MemberMember
(@roxyhart)

Posted : 01/16/2007 7:59 pm

would taking sea salt baths and soaking my face in it do the same thing???

MemberMember
(@jjred4)

Posted : 01/17/2007 10:01 pm

Yeh, would rinsing my face with the same concentration of salt water as an ocean be a good idea...? I live in the Midwest which doesnt help hahaha. Im desperate.......

Thanks Lexia!

MemberMember
(@lexia)

Posted : 01/18/2007 5:26 am

Hehehe, ive become a SALT expert all of a sudden. Seriously guys i wouldnt have a clue, although i was thinking bout trying it...