The ultimate shavin...

Notifications
Clear all

The ultimate shaving thread

MemberMember
(@clearwaters)

Posted : 08/13/2012 5:19 am

Fark....I just shaved. I'd be growing a beard for months, only keeping it trimmed. Damn, not happy with what I uncovered. Really devastated actually. Don't know whay to do now, grow it back and never shave again or keep it shaved never letting it get that long again.

MemberMember
(@suko)

Posted : 01/17/2013 8:35 am

I also had problems with acne when shaving. I used a regular razor. Not gilette or anything, just the most simple one blade razor. The problem was that I cut too low to the skin. The cut was smooth, but there was some blood and afterwards a lot of small white acne. Now I only use an electric razor. It doesn't cut perfectly to the skin, but since it doesn't damage the upper layer of skin, I do not get any acne whatsoever.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 01/21/2013 12:27 am

I honestly have no idea how to shave with acne + seb dermatitis... which razor, what cream/gel etc

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 04/01/2013 11:45 pm

On a note, a three blade razor seems to be more suitable for my skin than a 2-blade razor(gilette sensor excel).

Weird...

MemberMember
(@camaroz28)

Posted : 04/08/2013 10:04 pm

The Phillips 3D rotary head is the best shaver; make sure you buy the top of the line model with metal (partly) body. Wash the machine every few day with anitseptic soap, and let dry. Then apply the Phillips blue solution to lubricate. You will never have a better, effortless shave untill they introduce its successor.

MemberMember
(@relogygirl)

Posted : 02/12/2014 2:55 pm

Great article!

MemberMember
(@darkdubzs)

Posted : 03/02/2014 7:42 pm

Hey, so im looking for a permanent razor to use now, but im having some problems. Ive looked into the Gillette Trac II Plus and Gillette Sensor Excel Razor, but they are not in stores around me. I really want to be able to buy the razor in a store like Target, instead of having to wait like at least a week for it to arrive if i buy one online. Any recommendations for a good manual razor i can get in stores in SoCal? Thanks!

MemberMember
(@alcatraz)

Posted : 04/20/2014 4:12 pm

I use the Gillette Fusion ProGlide Beard Trimmer...been about two to three weeks now. Previously used a three head electric one. Will report on progress/findings

MemberMember
(@jb00)

Posted : 06/12/2014 9:32 am

My shaving routine to combat ingrown hair and lessen acne problems:

1. Wash my face with a facial cleanser

2. Apply Shaving Cream - I am using VMV Hypoallergenics Shaving Cream; please do not use the aerosol type shaving cream; you may also use a tradional shaving cream or soap; and optional a badger hair brush for extreme luxury and lather

3. Shave using a safety razor

4. Wet face with cold water

5. Apply witch hazel toner or your favorite toner to serve as aftershave

6. Apply sunflower oil to the shave area to mositurize

This solve a lot of skin irration for me. My skin always get irratated with multiple blades that dulls quickly and the lubricant strip that creates bumps while it glides.

MemberMember
(@xc60)

Posted : 09/18/2014 9:31 am

My current regimen:

1 Fill sink with cold water

2 Take warm shower, and wash face & neck with Betadine

3 Slather face with Kiss My Face Fragrance Free Moisture Shave

4 Shave face & neck with a Bump Fighter Fixed Handle Razor

5 Rinse face & neck with cold water

Cold water you ask? I've read on-line once, and coming from someone that works in a hospital, that you cleanse in warm water, and then shave with cold. I guess this is the prep in hospitals for surgery, I think that this a valid way to shave. Betadine you ask? That brown iodine stuff in a bottle that's used in hospitals to clean up patients for surgery. Yes, cleanse your face & neck with warm water using this stuff to ensure that you kill off any bacteria or staph that is on your oily mug. Going back to cold water, I think you have less of a chance of inviting that nasty staph into your follicles than you would with warmer water, staph thrives in warmer water. In, addition, throw a little shot of that Betadine into your cold shave rinse water that you have put into the sink in Step #1. Bump Fighter you ask? Well, it is probably the gentlest razor available for nasty, oily, ingrown prone skin. This is THE best regimen I've come up with to avoid shaving issues...GOOD LUCK!!!