Notifications
Clear all

dianette diary

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 02/25/2004 4:50 am

END OF MONTH 11

I have had no spots this month but i have had a cyst and i picked it and now i have a big sore scab on my face 8-[

MemberMember
(@jaeleeh)

Posted : 02/25/2004 5:28 pm

is dianette the same thing as diane-35 in canada? my doctor put me on those...plus accutane...

MemberMember
(@nofx_gurl_420)

Posted : 02/25/2004 6:57 pm

yes it is the same thing I am from Canada and I am on that as well... it seems to make me feel depressed @ times but my skin is really clearing up! my doctor commented she said it looks really good I have been on it for 4 months now

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 02/29/2004 5:40 am

The scab has come off and now i have been left with a big purple scar on my face. oh well, another scar to my collection sad.gif

MemberMember
(@jaeleeh)

Posted : 02/29/2004 1:58 pm

so when did you all really start noticing an improvement in your skin? i'll be starting the diane any day now, when i get my period...and i'm really excited...it sounds like it really works. Any initial breakout??

MemberMember
(@skunkanansie)

Posted : 03/01/2004 7:41 am

plz dont get your hopes up. my acne didnt respond to it, i was sooo disapointed. if you havent seen any results in six to twelve months, chances are you wont.

it can take a long time to work (if it does).

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 03/05/2004 10:43 am

I didn't have any initial breakout.

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 03/05/2004 10:46 am

I started to notice a difference after about 7 weeks.

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 04/06/2004 7:47 am

1 YEAR

I have been taking Dianette for 1 year now. although i still get the odd spot my face is so much better now and i am so much happier. i feel so much more confident and actually like looking in the mirror now where before it used to make me cry. i have come from having a face full of spots and cysts to having only having 1 spot every now and then. i hope this diary has helped answer any questions for anyone thinking of taking dianette, and if anyone has any questions then i would be pleased to answer. good luck to everyone trying to get rid of acne, although it takes a long time to find what is right for you, it really is worth it in the end.

MemberMember
(@tropicalbreeze)

Posted : 04/07/2004 10:09 am

ive been on diane 5 weeks now..can u answer my q's in pm? thanks!

MemberMember
(@cubos)

Posted : 04/09/2004 8:50 am

Barbie!!

hows it going??

Glad to see your face has cleared up, still living in brum?

MemberMember
(@jencat75)

Posted : 04/09/2004 5:48 pm

Hi, I posted a message today earlier about my hormones and acne but I am also posting it here to share my experience. I had looked on this site and had considered Dianette but it is not available in the U.S. I also thought about accutane as a last resort, because nothing at the dermatology office was working, and neither was birth control. So, finally I got my hormones tested by my gyno and then

went to an endocrinologist (fertility doctor), and she said I had a slight

hormone imbalance and gave me the medicine called something like

"spironolactone" and it cleared up all of my acne. And I didn't have "just a few" zits. I was getting like a new one every day, especially on my chin.

I wanted to share this because I had to go through a lot of years and a lot of doctors to find out what the problem was and this may save some people some time. Dermatologists and even gynos don't even bring this up. I had one dermatologist tell me that "Some acne just can't be cured."

She didn't even mention that it might be my hormones that are the problem. Anyways, I hope this post helps someone out there with their acne.

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 04/10/2004 4:46 am

Hey Cubos smile.gif im fine. how have you been?

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 11/15/2004 10:53 am

I have been taking Dianette for 1 year and 7 months now, and for the last 2 months my spots have been coming back, and are leaving behind purple marks that are not fading. I dont know whats happening. I have also starting picking my spots again which has left my face in a bit of a mess.

MemberMember
(@lucyinthesky)

Posted : 11/15/2004 11:21 am

Barbie,

try looking into SPIRONOLACTONE. It's an anti-androgen steroide. It could be a cure for you, as your acne is hormonal.

Good luck, we're all in the same boat here.

MemberMember
(@catty)

Posted : 11/16/2004 2:58 pm

I have been taking Dianette for 1 year and 7 months now, and for the last 2 months my spots have been coming back, and are leaving behind purple marks that are not fading. I dont know whats happening. I have also starting picking my spots again which has left my face in a bit of a mess.

MemberMember
(@kel)

Posted : 11/16/2004 3:47 pm

i was taking dianatte and it had no effect and i have come the pill anyway after being on it a long long time anyway,the only thing that works for me is diet based.

MemberMember
(@k-la)

Posted : 11/17/2004 12:50 am

I have a quick question for you girls on Diane-35. I don't if any of you know, but I was wondering if I could take Vitamin B5 and Diane-35 together? Not at the same time but just together in general. I just finished my second package of Diane-35 and have seen no improvement. In fact, I think its gotten worse (possibly an initial breakout?). confused.gif Do you guys think I should give Diane-35 a bit longer to work? Or should I maybe go off of it altogether and try the B5 instead and switch back to Alesse or something? I am SO confused. I don't know whether to start B5 now or wait a few more months to see if this pill will work. I'm just so incredibly impatient. I'm at a time in my life where I'll be working a lot and moving out on my own and I want to be clear for all of this and just live my life! What do you guys think? (Sorry for the rambling).

MemberMember
(@kate_ehlke)

Posted : 11/17/2004 1:34 am

I took Dian35 for about 4 months. My acne did get better while I was on it but I was never completely clear.

I had to stop taking it because I developed large mouth ulcers (which can be a side effect). The ulcers got to the point of being so painful that I couldnAaat even eat so I had no choice but to stop taking it. The ulcers did go away once I stopped taking Dian35 and my acne came back full force once off it.

After that I took the laser rout and now have wonderful skin. (You can view my before and after photos at http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...album&album=305

Best of luck to you!!

Kate

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 12/01/2004 6:34 am

My acne has gone again now. I have noticed it comes back when I am very stressed which I have been the last few months. I have been a lot happier now and trying to relax and all my acne has gone again. Also when I am stressed I also eat a lot of junk food, maybe that makes the acne come back as well, and also when I am stressed I pick any spots I get, which makes them worse. So I think I need to stay stress free (easier said than done!). My face has got quite a few marks or scars (I am not sure if they are scars or not) left from this recent outbreak of acne. I am going to force myself never to pick a spot again, as this is when they leave behind dark purple marks. I just need to concentrate on getting rid of these marks/scars now.

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 12/06/2004 11:25 am

I think the spots I am occassionaly getting now are definetly stressed related. I was so stressed doing work for university at the weekend and this morning I woke up with 2 cysts just coming up, they are so painful when I wash my face. It is so hard staying stress free cry.gif

MemberMember
(@pinay)

Posted : 12/12/2004 3:33 pm

I just took my first pill last night. Hope it works for me too eusa_pray.gif

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 02/14/2005 6:43 am

As well as taking Dianette i use a face wash for oily skin and Clearasil Active Treatment cream (as i mentioned at the start of this topic). I am so mad, Clearasil active treatment cream has been discontinued! The lady in boots said it has been replaced with Clearasil rapid action treatment cream. Well, last month my Clearasil active treatment cream ran out, so i bought this new Clearasil rapid action treatment cream, oh my god, it is not working for me, my spots are coming back. i stopped using it, but my face is so oily and full of spots, i think that the Clearasil cream i used to use was more help to me than i realised. i always thought that it was just helping keep my skin less oily along with the dianette, but without it my spots have come back. It is so unfair, why did they have to discontinue it? 3 days ago i bought oxy on the spot and i have decided to give that a go, i'll let you know how i get on.

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 03/02/2005 4:31 pm

the oxy on the spot is going fine, it has cleared up my oily skin and most of the spots, i think it is actually better than the clearasil cream i used to use. smile.gif

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 03/09/2005 6:07 am

I am so mad evil.gif I went to the doctors on monday for my next prescription of Dianette and the doctor wouldnt give it to me! He said i have been on it for two years, and Dianette is not licenced for long term used, so he has switched me on to another pill instead called Marvelon. Has anyone heard of this pill? Has anyone else had to stop taking Dianette cos there doctors wont give it to them anymore? Has anyone else had to switch from Dianette to Marvelon? I would be grateful for anyones advice. Thanks.