Notifications
Clear all

Caveman Regimen - Last Resort

MemberMember
(@behumble)

Posted : 05/22/2017 6:24 am

Day 50 (End)
So I scrubbed the dead skin away using...coconut oil. Yeah I know I know, it clogs pores and stuff. But still, I made sure to wipe away any extra oil. So right now my face isn't shiny or anything. To be honest, my skin still looks shit. Ugh. I can tell some PIE(and PIH) went away but I still have acne and some new PIE too. In the end it's still not as good as when I was taking antibiotics.
I want to remind that I still didn't use water or wash properly. So if for the few following days my skin doesn't go berserk, I might just make this become my new routine. Oil cleansing every 1.5 week or so.

Maybe I'll keep updating this once in a while...if it's going well that is. God when this all started, I always thought that I'd stop getting them by the time I'd finish school.

F M L.

MemberMember
(@jlopez)

Posted : 05/25/2017 5:26 am

Hi @behumble. Please don't use comedogenic oils for that purpose! Coconut oil will only really work for people with extremely good skin that is not prone to clogging/blackheads or acne. Even removing it with a washcloth will not remove all of the oils from your face. And if you are going to use coconut oil it should really only be cold pressed, organic, extra virgin.

Raw honey specifically is very good for this stage in the process. I would leave it on my face as a mask for as many hours as I was in the house pretty much. It will not clog your pores and it is very anti-inflammatory. it's also a humectant which means it attracts and retains moisture in your skin. You have to be very gentle with the application because raw honey is often slightly crystallised which means that the little particles in the honey will exfoliate the dead skin from your face - again please be GENTLE. Any scrubbing or dragging action is just going to hurt your skin and cause microscopic cuts.

I would also really recommend looking at your diet closely. My caveman regimen worked because I also made a huge effort to completely overhaul my diet and I specifically experimented with an elimination diet to figure out if I has any specific allergies.

Switching between routines at this early stage means it will be really difficult for you to gauge what is having an effect on your skin. Any new regiment must be stuck with for at least 30 days (I would say more) to determine if it's having any positive effect.

I also really recommend taking progress pictures, even if just for yourself. I found it really hard to see that my skin had made progress without looking at the pictures week-to-week side by side. It's easy to get blinded by your emotions and think you are covered in acne when really your skin is improving!

behumble liked
MemberMember
(@behumble)

Posted : 05/29/2017 8:12 am

Hello @JLopez. Thank you for your input. I will avoid coconut oil next time.

As for my diet, I have only removed milk and so far it hasn't been a cure but I think I haven't got any large cyst because of this for a while.

As for a picture log, I actually started one after that last post to see how my skin would progress after ending the strict regimen. So far I have 2 sets. No big changes. I think it got a little better on some areas although a little worse on others. I can't really draw a conclusion.

I drew the same conclusions after doing this regimen - I don't have to(or shouldn't) wash twice everyday. However unlike you, I do actually have really oily skin(specifically on the T-Zone). That's the only factor that slows down every progress. I don't want to go back on antibiotics and I absolutely do not want to get on accutane. I'm stuck to messing around with alternatives or simply growing out of it.

Also, thank you for your log! It was helpful.

MemberMember
(@l-c-a)

Posted : 08/12/2017 4:02 pm

I've been doing the caveman regimen for 7 months now and I've been super happy with the progress that my skin has made. I wash my face once a week with only water and I'm extremely gentle. I think when you are checking your skin for improvement don't look at the acne because that will take a while to fully stop. Look around the acne and I think you'll see that he inflammation around it isn't as wide spread. ALso if you stick with it I think you'll not only find that your acne slowly but surely decreases but also as it's decreasing it hurts less. THats what I've found. I'm not fully acne free yet but ya decreased conaistantly and expect it to be fully irraticated around the time I hit my 1 year mark since starting water only once a week. Good luck to you mate.

JLopez liked