Notifications
Clear all

Clearing From The Inside Out (Pcos)

MemberMember
(@redredred)

Posted : 03/21/2013 9:52 pm

Hi Jazzy17,

Sorry your struggling so much. :(

I have chin hairs too. I pluck them. I get a lot of ingrown hairs on my thighs and legs but I haven't had any problems on my chin. Have you considered laser hair removal and/or Spironolactone? Living Social and Groupon have lots of deals for laser hair removal with packages starting at ~$100. I haven't done it, but I have friends who have with pretty good success. I've seen offers in both the Los Angeles and the Atlanta area, so maybe you can find one near you. Spironolactone has been working pretty well for me, but it has taken a lot of patience. You can get it prescribed by an endocrinologist or dermatologist. It is an anti-androgen that can help both acne and excess hair-growth even if your androgen levels are normal.

I wouldn't stress too much about a PCOS diagnosis. I find that it is much easier to deal with my health issues when I know what the underlying cause is. I also find that its just an added motivation to live a healthier lifestyle. You are still young (I am too, I am 24), so beginning treatment now will help your health a lot down the road since PCOS is associated with much more serious conditions than acne like diabetes, infertility, and ovarian cysts!

Take it easy, and good luck!

MemberMember
(@heyybrighteyes)

Posted : 03/22/2013 9:11 am

Hey! how's it going? Haven't commented in a while, been really busy with work.

assuminnngggg youre talking to me *cough*

lol jk

i've been feeling a lot better

without even trying i havent been eating any cooked foods lately..

just salads, fruit bowls, and fresh veggie/fruit smoothies

occasionally cereal, or chips and salsa sick.gif lol, even though thats not too terrible? lol its healthy cereal and fresh chopped chunky salsa that i make sure to cover the entire chip with lol

i want to get to just a juice cleanse but i dont have a juicer :/

i looked up some on amazon, but basically if you want something good, you have dish out at least $100

i still believe that getting/staying healthy will overcome this PCOS

i don't want to rely on a drug or bcp forever, while im glad they work for the ladies in this forum

they will remain my last resort. mainly because i havent given an optimum healthy diet a true chance..

i always cheat a little.

i saw this video >

(i recommend you watching it smile.png)

and im convinced. its a lifestyle change of course

but eating healthy, while challenging, isnt so terrible. lol

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 03/23/2013 4:38 pm

Hey! how's it going? Haven't commented in a while, been really busy with work.

assuminnngggg youre talking to me *cough*

lol jk

i've been feeling a lot better

without even trying i havent been eating any cooked foods lately..

just salads, fruit bowls, and fresh veggie/fruit smoothies

occasionally cereal, or chips and salsa sick.gif lol, even though thats not too terrible? lol its healthy cereal and fresh chopped chunky salsa that i make sure to cover the entire chip with lol

i want to get to just a juice cleanse but i dont have a juicer :/

i looked up some on amazon, but basically if you want something good, you have dish out at least $100

i still believe that getting/staying healthy will overcome this PCOS

i don't want to rely on a drug or bcp forever, while im glad they work for the ladies in this forum

they will remain my last resort. mainly because i havent given an optimum healthy diet a true chance..

i always cheat a little.

i saw this video >

(i recommend you watching it smile.png)

and im convinced. its a lifestyle change of course

but eating healthy, while challenging, isnt so terrible. lol

lol yeah I agree, chips and salsa are so hard to resist! I sometimes get the healthy kind at the store, and avoid the ones they serve at mexican restaurants.

I'm staying away from the drugs too....they might temporarily help acne, but they cause a whole lot of other issues that only become evident as we age. Also, birth control = birth control, not specifically made for acne control.

I watched this girl's videos....I would love to get a juicer too. But is she not a raw food vegan anymore? She was mentioning B vitamin deficiency in some of her other videos, and said she eats meat now...

MemberMember
(@heyybrighteyes)

Posted : 04/18/2013 1:28 am

omg! the past few days ive been drinking 8oz of cucumber juice and already my skin has improved vastly!

my skin is just brighter and more even!

this is something i will be drinking everyday now<3

i add an apple to make it taste justtt a bit better, cause even though cucumber doesnt have much of a taste to begin with.. i just dont like it, but with an apple its yummy smile.png

UPDATE: my skin still sucks lol

i ate some pie tonight sick.gif and a cookie

but they were free at work.. i just couldnt resist.

other than that my diet has been really good

cant resist cereal or bread

but i eat a lot of salad, and drink a lot of vegetable juice now.

still have high hopes.

" symplex f " is a supplement ive been taking, and i swear that it's acting like an anti-depressant.

it makes me feel really happy and takes away all of my anxiety. i love it.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 04/18/2013 9:52 pm

Oh no! I was going to like your post, then I read the update saywhat.gif My skin sucks too....but for some reason, I have been feeling happy these past few days and have been ignoring my skin. I just put on makeup in the morning and go about my day. My diet has been clean this week because I have a party to go to tomorrow and I will only allow myself to go if my skin looks somewhat decent with makeup on. Plus, I will go late to make sure everyone is tipsy and noone will care about my skin lol.

How did you find out about symplex f btw? It seems awesome, but I had never heard about it before for PCOS. Is it new?

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 04/27/2013 1:10 am

Hey! How are you doing? I tried cucumber juice for the first time the other day thanks to you! It is surprisingly delicious rolleyes.gif

MemberMember
(@heyybrighteyes)

Posted : 05/07/2013 11:13 am

UPDATE

Going to make a list of everything I am currently using/taking to fight PCOS, insulin resistance, acne, and depression.

Supplements (with meals):

Black Cohosh (1 a day to lower testosterone) Not sure how much help this is doing, but it eases my mind i guess.

Symplex F (1 per meal) I call this my "happy pill" it helps with hormones by supporting vital organs.

Garden of Life Perfect Food Raw Capsules (8/day: 2/per meal) filled with nutrients and vitamins, makes my skin glow! love this.

Saw Palmetto (1 or 2 a day) Helps with hairloss and excess growth on face and body, lowers testosterone, has helped a lot with acne.

Garlic Supplement (when i remember) great for healing and preventing inflammation.

Turmeric Supplement (1/per day) lowers testosterone, regulates hormones, prevents inflammation, etc

Green Pastures Fish Oil (when i remember) vitamins A, D, and K

Zinc and Vitamin D (only when my diet lacks these vitamins for the day) good for inflammation and many other things lol

Regime:

I wash my makeup off with a combination of Olive oil and jojoba oil

Then apply manuka honey for about 15 minutes

Rinse

(sometimes ill do the taping method and apple cider vinegar toner)

Moisturize with 'Simple Light Moisturizer' OR Aloe Vera from the leaf.

Mornings:

Wet face

Apply manuka honey (15 minutes-1 hour)

Rinse

Moisturize with 'Simple Moisturizer with SPF)

MemberMember
(@heyybrighteyes)

Posted : 07/12/2013 9:18 pm

Hey everyone.

I've been MIA for a while, but felt like posting something today.

Lately I've been feeling really depressed.. and stressed.

My skin is always playing with my emotions, it gets better and starts to clear up, then i'll wake up one morning with 3 new breakouts.

It's lovely.

And i have excess hair growth on my face :(

A little more than usual along my jaw and cheeks

But I think thats because I moisturize at night with aloe vera oil

and all the moisture is causing it?

That's my assumption anyway. But it sucks

I feel really ugly and my hair never looks good! ahah

I have so much stuff on my plate lately that I barely feel like I have time to breathe!

I hate having stuff to do everyday, because that means I have to apply makeup everyday to feel halfway decent.

I just need a break i guess. Im tired :(

Right now i feel like crying.

I tried meditating earlier today but it didnt help

I cant stop thinking. I have tension in my neck. i should probably try exercising.

I went to my friends house the other day and didnt feel like doing my makeup cause were kinda close and i didnt care TOO much

but as soon as i saw her she said "omg what happened?" cause shes used to seeing me with makeup on.

not the response i expected or wanted :(

and when i went in her house her mom said the same thing.

they didnt mean any harm, but it sure didnt feel good :(

blehhh

anyways, i just needed to rant i guess.

if you took the time to read this, than thanks. haha<3

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 07/13/2013 11:56 am

Hey! Sorry you have been feeling down lately ermm.gif Hugs!!! I have been making some breakthroughs with my acne, and yours looked similar to mine from what I remember, so maybe you should try a low histamine diet and remove all sulfates from your lifestyle? It's working well for me so far, I changed all my products, I avoid food preservatives and other triggers, and I even quit taking supplements with gelatin and colorings. I realized that my acne wasn't just hormonal - the flare ups were similar to an allergic reaction, so I got my IgE checked and it was indeed high (=reactive antibodies). Idk if that will work for you, but it could. Try to stay positive and beat this!

MemberMember
(@heyybrighteyes)

Posted : 07/15/2013 12:27 am

Hey! Sorry you have been feeling down lately ermm.gif Hugs!!! I have been making some breakthroughs with my acne, and yours looked similar to mine from what I remember, so maybe you should try a low histamine diet and remove all sulfates from your lifestyle? It's working well for me so far, I changed all my products, I avoid food preservatives and other triggers, and I even quit taking supplements with gelatin and colorings. I realized that my acne wasn't just hormonal - the flare ups were similar to an allergic reaction, so I got my IgE checked and it was indeed high (=reactive antibodies). Idk if that will work for you, but it could. Try to stay positive and beat this!

thanks girl :)

ill look into a low histamine diet.

i'm also going to the doctors on thursday this week, im tired of playing the guessing game. i want to finally get all the answers! and hopefully im able to through tests and what not. I'm really glad things are working for you though, thats great :)

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 07/15/2013 10:27 am

thanks girl smile.png

ill look into a low histamine diet.

i'm also going to the doctors on thursday this week, im tired of playing the guessing game. i want to finally get all the answers! and hopefully im able to through tests and what not. I'm really glad things are working for you though, thats great smile.png

I hope the doctor figures it out! I had to go to an allergist because I was so sick of going from one doctor to the next and hearing conflicting treatments and diagnoses. If you do some general blood tests along with hormonal ones, that might give you an indication of what the problem is. Give an update when you find out! Good luck!!!!cheer.gif