Notifications
Clear all

Epiduo

MemberMember
(@andrea9307)

Posted : 02/26/2012 11:00 am

Hi everyone! I'm new here, i made my profile today and i read many of the topics related to epiduo experiences. I want to share my experience too and I hope the people who have finished their treatment write me and give me some courage. :) First of all i'm 18 years old female, who have been struggling with with acne for about 7 years now. During this time i've got some pretty good results but unfortunately they haven't been permanent. I've used tones of things such as Bioderma cosmetics, Iwostin and many others, products made in a special pharmacy ( they helped the most but i had to stay with face pack for 2 and a half hours every night, and the products were quite agressive - they consisted of different kinds of alchohol, fuller's earth and such things) and also my former derm have made me electrocoagulation which was really paintful and the recovery process was very hard too. She wanted to make me another one so i quit going there. Then I went to another derm who had helped me clear up my chest acne. First she prescribed me mild cosmetics such as Avene Triacneal Cream which slightly peels your skin and Avene Cleansing gel and Avene moisturizer. I've used this for about a month it didn't helped a lot but the goal was to prepare my skin for epiduo so when i start using it it won't be so harsh to my face. Then I went to Greece i bought Epiduo because I live in Bulgaria and we don't have this product here (unfortunately) :( .. I also bought Indoxyl Gel as I was prescribed. Then I started the follow regimen:

1. in the morning - wash up my face with Avene Cleansing gel ( i'm pretty pleased with it by the way ) , then put on Avene moisturizer, Indoxyl gel only on the pipmples and then Avene couverance foundation

2. in the evening - wash up my face only with hot water ( in order not to dry out my face additionaly), then put on Epiduo

I also take herbal meds with pansy and burdock. I'm not a fan of antibiotics, so I would never take one. :)

I'm now on the way of my sixth week. My acne has never been worse so in times i get really discouraged.. but then i discovered this forum i've read many stories about epiduo with the same experience like mine and a happy end ( hopefully mine will be too! ) . Firstly I was all red and my face hurt a lot, but this wasn't a problem for me because i'm pretty good in handling pain ( i had an electrocoalgoatin without anestetic for God sake, because my formed derm is a sadist! ) . I'm still scarring of course and the make up part is really difficult because i put on make up and it peels right away and make my face look only worse and really scary :D .. I sometimes get really annoyed with it, but what can I do... What about my acne? I have it on the inner part of my cheeks ( just one or two pipmples ) , on my cheek i've got a lots of whiteheads and under my nose also and on my forehead i've got red marks , not pipmples just kind of scars.. but my derm said they will fade out when using epiduo and if someting is left she will do me some procedures with new microneeling technology .. some rolers. :) but i don't have any improvement yet.. i'll stick with it another 6 weeks of course because this is the only chance to get rid of the damage it caused me the past 6 weeks. What a paradox! :D The other thing is about my diet. I don't drink enough water but i'm determined to start drinking a lot of it every day because it's good for detoxication of organism. My derm said that food has nothing to do with acne but i'm not sure of it. My former derm told me i shouldn't eat chocholate or lots of sugar, fried food or fast food and greasy food as a whole and it kinda help i think so now i think i'm going to give this diet a try again :)

I'm really interested about everyone's experience with epiduo so i will apreciate i you share it :)

P.S. LOL my post went really long and maybe boring? :D I don't think i missed something. I'm also opened for questions if i did. :)

P.S. 2 I'm not sure that my english is that good so I want you all to excuse me for my unawareness :) Thanks for reading this ! :)🙂:)

Gingi liked
MemberMember
(@bluesforgroove)

Posted : 02/26/2012 2:27 pm

Do you apply Indoxyl after applying your moisturizer? Do you make sure your face is completely dry (after washing in the evening) before applying Epiduo?

I haven't had any experience with Indoxyl or Epiduo. These things just stood out to me while reading.

MemberMember
(@andrea9307)

Posted : 02/26/2012 4:21 pm

I apply indoxyl after moistirizer as my derm told me to do and yes i wait about 10 minutes after washing my face :)

MemberMember
(@alfoster2)

Posted : 08/13/2015 2:19 am

Hi!

I began using Epiduo last September 2014 for my moderate acne and it worked decently well. I broke out for 6/7 weeks or so, not that it was much worse than what I was already dealing with, and by December things were healing. Around that time I went for the plunge and did Accutane for 4 months. During this time I stopped using all acne products as one should while on Accutane. Now I am 3 months removed from Accutane and over half a year removed from Epiduo. For most of 2015 my skin has looked good with occasional breakouts
That's the background story. My skin is much better than it was last August, but I still get some acne around my lower cheeks and jawline. I haven't been applying anything to my face for half a year now and want to go back on something to keep the mild acne at bay. I just started using Aczone in the morning again and am wondering if I should go back on Epiduo at night or Adapalene instead? Will using Adapalene maybe ease my way back into Epiduo? Will my skin recognize the Epiduo/have any tolerance for it? I don't think I would have a huge breakout from either but I'm not positive, and am wondering how people experienced using a topical, taking a break, and going back on it. Any decision-making advice or routine tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

MemberMember
(@epiduoacne)

Posted : 03/25/2016 10:41 am

Hey,

i have been using using epiduo and lymecycline for 2 weeks now and so far there are no improvements, all its been doing is making my skin very flaky and dry and red.

Any advice?