Notifications
Clear all

Cinnamon--Why It Can Cure Acne

MemberMember
(@alexlwj)

Posted : 04/10/2012 3:19 am

does this helps with oil production? seemingly my acne is caused by the excess oil :(

MemberMember
(@lieko)

Posted : 04/10/2012 6:12 pm

I'm not sure but I know it works for insulin resistance.

MemberMember
(@lieko)

Posted : 04/16/2012 2:10 pm

Ok this will be my last update.

It seems that not all brands of cinnamon are the same. I was taking a cinnamon extract (cinnulin pf) by wellbetx and that was working really well with my skin. Once I ran out during the spring break, I was using another brand called Swanson, same ingredient same cinnamon extract and I never responded to that cinnamon. Both are and supposed to be cassia. This is weird. So I was wondering why its not working, I thought my body got used to it or something. I'm now using the first brand that I bought and that one works.

I added several supplement since. I tried bitter melon, chromium, and r ala (alpha lipoic acid).

In my opinion they don't seem to do anything unless it's a brand issue and I don't have that kind of money buying different brands. Because it doesn't work for me it doesn't necessary won't work for you.

Well if anyone has any questions PM me and it will go to my email.

Good luck

insulin resistance, cinnamon, cassia, cinnulin pf, bitter melon, chromium, ala, pre diabetes, metabolic syndrome x

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 05/07/2012 1:02 am

Does anyone know if applying cinnamon topically can help with acne? (for example mixed with honey and applied as a mask or a 'spot treatment')

And what about taking the powdered form of cinnamon - either straight up or cooked into something - does that help with acne?

MemberMember
(@falcon8334)

Posted : 05/07/2012 3:57 am

If we cant get cinnamon capsules, can we just eat regular cinnamon?

MemberMember
(@drth)

Posted : 11/29/2012 5:45 am

I am so thankful. After all these years of being told to accept it as part of puberty I got rid of acne, white coated tongue and intestinal issues. And with something as simple as cinnamon... Incredible. I can finally stop thinking about my skin 24/7.

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 12/04/2012 2:01 am

I am so thankful. After all these years of being told to accept it as part of puberty I got rid of acne, white coated tongue and intestinal issues. And with something as simple as cinnamon... Incredible. I can finally stop thinking about my skin 24/7.

really? how much do you take after each meal? which type? are you doing anything else. congratulations on your beautiful clear skin. thanks.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 12/04/2012 2:23 am

Too much cinnamon specially the cassia can cause liver toxicity.

MemberMember
(@ana-nahal)

Posted : 04/01/2013 10:04 am

Christopher,

I found your posting and tried your 3x/day technique.... I cannot believe it. This is the best thing ever... I still can't believe it. I recently got diagnosed with Metabolic Syndrome (my manifestations were Hashimoto's thyroiditis, PCOS and Insulin Resistance). I've had bad acne from age 12 - 36, dermatologists all sucked and never helped long term, I tried everything, and the cinnamon has literally stopped the big bumps from forming! (I started taking it 2 weeks ago, already big biiiiig difference) My old marks are slowly healing too! I'm using New Chapter Cinnamonforce - they are tiny, low dose, and easy to carry around with me. Plus it's cinnamon verum, which apparently doesn't have the same problem as cassia (not too informed on that though). I have to say though, I have to be careful not to take one on a near empty stomach - stomach ache. For instance, I cannot take it in the morning after simply drinking my green juice and latte, I have to have a piece of toast or egg or something first, otherwise I'll get stomach pains.

I do have some questions, if you have a little time?

The cinnamon 3x/daily has effectively stopped the bigger acne bumps, but I still have blackheads on my cheeks and forehead. Will they slowly disappear too, do you think? or do I need to take extra steps for that to happen?

(I still consume daily starches in my diet (some daily bread & chocolate or cookies, probably more than I should) but am otherwise a super healthy & fit person: normal weight, lots of greens & veg each day, etc.)

I've also noticed the skin all over my body is actually generally drier when taking the cinnamon - my hands and feet especially, but also my face. It's a bit aging, which I hate... and it's itchy too since I get eczema flares sometimes on my wrists and shins and this has exacerbated that. Has anyone else noticed that & how do you deal with it?

I'm happy to post anything about my experience too! Thanks so much for this idea, can't believe the difference already.

MemberMember
(@indig0)

Posted : 05/23/2013 4:19 am

Christopher,

I found your posting and tried your 3x/day technique.... I cannot believe it. This is the best thing ever... I still can't believe it. I recently got diagnosed with Metabolic Syndrome (my manifestations were Hashimoto's thyroiditis, PCOS and Insulin Resistance). I've had bad acne from age 12 - 36, dermatologists all sucked and never helped long term, I tried everything, and the cinnamon has literally stopped the big bumps from forming! (I started taking it 2 weeks ago, already big biiiiig difference) My old marks are slowly healing too! I'm using New Chapter Cinnamonforce - they are tiny, low dose, and easy to carry around with me. Plus it's cinnamon verum, which apparently doesn't have the same problem as cassia (not too informed on that though). I have to say though, I have to be careful not to take one on a near empty stomach - stomach ache. For instance, I cannot take it in the morning after simply drinking my green juice and latte, I have to have a piece of toast or egg or something first, otherwise I'll get stomach pains.

I do have some questions, if you have a little time?

The cinnamon 3x/daily has effectively stopped the bigger acne bumps, but I still have blackheads on my cheeks and forehead. Will they slowly disappear too, do you think? or do I need to take extra steps for that to happen?

(I still consume daily starches in my diet (some daily bread & chocolate or cookies, probably more than I should) but am otherwise a super healthy & fit person: normal weight, lots of greens & veg each day, etc.)

I've also noticed the skin all over my body is actually generally drier when taking the cinnamon - my hands and feet especially, but also my face. It's a bit aging, which I hate... and it's itchy too since I get eczema flares sometimes on my wrists and shins and this has exacerbated that. Has anyone else noticed that & how do you deal with it?

I'm happy to post anything about my experience too! Thanks so much for this idea, can't believe the difference already.

HI Ana,

How is your skin going? Is it still good? How many grams do you take after each meal?

I'm going to give it a try.

Thanks for your post. :)

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 05/23/2013 9:50 pm

I have some cinnamon. I'll try taking 1000 a day for a couple weeks and let you know if anything happens

MemberMember
(@alexmullersa)

Posted : 06/04/2013 9:09 am

Hey Everybody I am new here!

**History**

I am 20 years old, I have suffered from bad skin since I was around 13 years old. I started accutane when I was 16 on a low dose which cleared me 100% but it returned about a year after. I have tried most treatments Vit A, E, C, B, Zinc, BP, SA etc. with no real improvement.

I am a bodybuilder but i have NEVER used any steroids or testosterone boosters. I do not drink any milk or eat any wheat products, unfortunately being a bodybuilder mean I have to drink protein shakes as I cannot physically eat enough food (however I do not think It is related).

Last year I did a bodybuilding competition and was told that cinnamon would help while cutting down, so i sprinkled it over my oatmeal 2x a day and within 2-3 weeks my skin was 100% clear (I did not know it was because of the cinnamon, i thought it was from eating less food). After my competition i went back to my normal diet (no cinnamon) and my skin broke out again.

I stumbled across this thread and saw that people have had great results with cinnamon which reminded me of when I was taking it during competition prep. I decided to start sharing my experiences and give/receive advice from others.

I started taking Zinc again last week 150mg a day, and started taking chromium 4 days ago 800ug a day. so far I havnt had any new break outs and my current acne is slowly clearing. I only started taking cinnamon today, since I used powder form before I will be using it again (1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon 3x a day) If I do not see any results I will go get pill form as suggested.

I will keep you guys updated with my progress.