Notifications
Clear all

Wai Diet Thread

MemberMember
(@scootah)

Posted : 12/04/2011 5:31 pm

Hey OlympusMons,

I am on this diet for about 4 days and I would like to ask you a few questions if you don't mind.

1) Can you show us in Wai nutrition calculator what exactly do you eat on your average day, when and how much fruits and oil contain one meal?

I have issue with how much fat can I eat a don't get acne. 2 days back I ate with every sweet fruit avocado or a lot of oil and it seems, that a lot of oil gives me pimples on my face.

2) Did you have issue with acne on your neck and upper back?

When my diet contains vegies, organic meat, lentils and all that "healthy stuff" I don't have issue with acne on my neck and upper back. But my face is more oily, bumpy and don't look good. Now after few days on Wai diet I no longer have need to wash my face every day twice like I used to have and overall my face looks much better but my neck, places behind ears and upper back is full of new pimples which I had long time ago when I ate junk food.

My diet looks like this:

2 liters of OJ with 8 tablespoons of OO.

About 1 liter of water.

I just started so now only 3 egg yolks which I eat without a sack every evening before I go sleep.

About 5 apples and 5 mandarins which I don't eat with fat because I am afraid of too much fat -> acne.

Tell me please what do you think.

MemberMember
(@olympusmons)

Posted : 12/05/2011 8:09 am

Hey OlympusMons,

I am on this diet for about 4 days and I would like to ask you a few questions if you don't mind.

Hey Scootah!

Ofc not, I'm here for it wink.png

1) Can you show us in Wai nutrition calculator what exactly do you eat on your average day, when and how much fruits and oil contain one meal?

What I eat in one day varies a lot, and I never count it...

But here's what I ate in the last 24 hours, for example:

RDA: FDA Men, 19-24yr (177cm/70in, 72kg/160lb)

Your selection:

[item 1] 3units of Avocado (Persea americana), California, [1],

[item 2] 225g (grams) of Chicken egg yolk (Gallus domesticus), raw, [1],

[item 3] 50g (grams) of Sugar, granulated [1][2],

[item 4] 700g (grams) of Banana (Musa X paradisiaca), [1],

[item 5] 700g (grams) of Mango (Magnifera indica L.), [1][2],

[item 6] 40ml (milliliters) of Olive oil (Olea europea), [1].

Weight:.................................2230.45g

Nutrients...............................Quantity..............RDA

Energy..................................3338.89kcal .....2900.00kcal

Carbohydrate.............................372.86g ..............?g

Fat......................................201.10g ..............?g

Protein...................................59.44g ..........58.00g

Water...................................1578.21ml .............?ml

Fiber.....................................54.83g ..............?g

Vitamins

Vitamin A, RE (Retinol Equivalent)......4409.59mcg ......1000.00mcg

-Beta-carotene..........................8318.00mcg ............?mcg no data:1,4,6

Vitamin B1, Thiamin........................1.72mg ..........1.50mg

Vitamin B2, Riboflavin.....................3.19mg ..........1.70mg

Vitamin B3, Niacin/Nicotinamide...........17.84mg .........19.00mg

Vitamin B5, Pantothenic acid..............16.54mg .............?mg

Vitamin B6, Pyridoxine.....................7.30mg ..........2.00mg

Vitamin B8, Biotin.........................0.00mcg ............?mcg no data:1,2,4,5,6

Vitamin B9, Folic acid...................902.04mcg .......200.00mcg

Vitamin B12................................6.99mcg .........2.00mcg

Vitamin C, Ascorbic acid.................298.60mg .........60.00mg

Vitamin D................................333.00IU ........400.00IU no data:3

Vitamin E.................................28.31mg .........10.00mg

Vitamin K..................................0.00mcg ........70.00mcg no data:1,2,4,5,6

Minerals and trace elements

Calcium, Ca..............................477.84mg .......1200.00mg

Iron, Fe..................................17.29mg .........10.00mg

Magnesium, Mg............................499.04mg ........350.00mg

Phosphorus, P...........................1533.34mg .......1200.00mg

Sodium, Na...............................180.03mg .............?mg

Potassium, K............................7366.96mg .............?mg

Zinc, Zn..................................10.59mg .........15.00mg

Iodide, I.................................11.20mcg .......150.00mcg no data:1,2,3,4,6

Selenium, Se.............................113.90mcg ........70.00mcg no data:1

Total sugar...............................49.95g ..............?g no data:1,2,4,5,6

Glucose....................................5.95g ..............?g no data:1,2,4,6

Fructose..................................18.20g ..............?g no data:1,2,4,6

Sucrose..................................112.95g ..............?g no data:1,2,4,6

Lactose....................................0.00g ..............?g no data:1,2,4,5,6

Starch.....................................0.00g ..............?g no data:1,2,4,5,6

Fats

Fat, saturated............................41.67g ..............?g

Fat, monounsaturated.....................112.44g ..............?g

Fat, polyunsaturated......................24.07g ..............?g

Omega-3 fatty acids

18:3 n-3, linolenic acid (LNA).............1.55g ..............?g

20:5 n-3, eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA)......0.02g ..............?g

22:5 n-3, docosapentaenoic acid (DPA)......0.00g ..............?g

22:6 n-3, docosahexaenoic acid (DHA).......0.24g ..............?g

Cholesterol.............................2882.25mg .............?mg

I take the fruit-fat connection very strictly. I never eat fruits alone. Always add 1gram of fat for each 2gram of carbs. Sometimes I even eat fat alone (like avocados alone, egg yolks only with a little white sugar, etc) because I love fat, and my body asks a lot for it (probably cause I'm quite sedentary).

I have issue with how much fat can I eat a don't get acne. 2 days back I ate with every sweet fruit avocado or a lot of oil and it seems, that a lot of oil gives me pimples on my face.

That's very unlikely to be cause of fat, but if you think that is, just listen to your body and try to eat a bit less fats.

Anyway, it's soon to tell WHAT exactly still gives you pimples. Only after day 15 we will be able to tell what. By now, the sebum is still coming up from previously clogged canals, so it's normal that you're getting pimples - this happens to everyone who starts this diet.

2) Did you have issue with acne on your neck and upper back?

Never in the neck, but I had some mild acne in my shoulders and in my chest. It completely went away after week 3.

When my diet contains vegies, organic meat, lentils and all that "healthy stuff" I don't have issue with acne on my neck and upper back. But my face is more oily, bumpy and don't look good. Now after few days on Wai diet I no longer have need to wash my face every day twice like I used to have and overall my face looks much better but my neck, places behind ears and upper back is full of new pimples which I had long time ago when I ate junk food.

That's just probably what I said before - you're in the stage of the diet (until day 15) where the sebum is coming up from previously clogged canals. It's like the "cleaning" stage. You'll be getting new pimples for a couple more days, a week max, and then by day 15 it should be all clear, so don't worry smile.png And give it time.

My diet looks like this:

2 liters of OJ with 8 tablespoons of OO.

About 1 liter of water.

I just started so now only 3 egg yolks which I eat without a sack every evening before I go sleep.

About 5 apples and 5 mandarins which I don't eat with fat because I am afraid of too much fat -> acne.

Tell me please what do you think.

Seems alright to me!

Just try to vary fruits, from day to day, so you can make sure you get enough nutrients.

It's ok to eat without fat 5 apples and 5 mandarins a day, in my opinion, as long as you don't eat them all of a sudden (causing blood sugar spikes).

Good luck! Keep us updated wink.png

MemberMember
(@scootah)

Posted : 12/09/2011 6:01 am

Hello OlympusMons,

Thank you for answering all my questions. I have been on this diet for 9 days now and I wanna share with all members of acne.org my progress and results so far. Also I have a few next questions for you OlympusMons, which interest me for next successful being on this diet smile.png

Day 4

My diet looked exactely like I describe it in my last post so 1 liter of OJ with OO, apples, mandarins and 3 egg yolks at the evening.

Day 5

I woke up and I had one new medium zit on my forehead and one big red on my chin...zits like this I didn't get in like 5 last months on normal Paleo diet so last day I had to eat something wrong. I am suspecting the egg yolks because in the past every time I try ate eggs my face looked next day worse but I was eating then tons of other stuff so I though now it will be ok. Is it possible to get acne from egg yolks? Am I sensitive on them?

Anyway I decided to change way how I eat, what I eat and how much I eat for one meal. So I went to a store and buy tons of fruits, olive oil and wild-caught frozen salmon. I get back home and decided that now I will eat 8-10 small meals through a day -> 1 meal every hour. The meal will contain 4 small pieces of fruit (2 small mandarins, 1/4 of avocado, 1/3 of big banana) and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.

I was a little bit worried of too much fat but it shows that fat is not what cause me acne.

So now I ate through the day about 16 small mandarins, 16 tablespoon of olive oil, 3 big bananas and 2 avocados and 60g of salmon.

Day 6

I woke up and looked in a mirror and...my skin looked flawless. No new big zits, no oily skin, only 2-3 tiny white heads which you pop up and they disappeared, bumps under my skin are disappearing too. I was so happy so I continued with exactly same diet like last day.

Day 7

My skin is again much better than last day. Acne on the neck and back is fading. I decided to try some other fruit so I put in meal not mandarins but 2 kiwis. That was mistake...I don't know if kiwi gave me on the end of the day medium pimple on my neck and few whiteheads on the face with little of bumps or fact that I eat more sugar in one meal.

Day 8

I retourned to the exactly same type and quantity of fruits like on the day 5 and 6.

Day 9 (today)

My skin looks again perfectly...but I have issue with dryness of my face skin. I would like to use some moisturizer on my face. I was thinking about using olive oil...what do you think OlympusMons? Doesn't I get pimples from using olive oil like moisturizer?

Recommendation for everone - TRY THIS DIET!!! I tried every diet at this forum (low glycemic, organic meat + vegetable only, vegetarian, vegan,...) and it seems that only Wai diet works for me. Key is eat little bit of food very often. I feel more energetic through a day. I remember how I was falling asleep at a class about 6pm and don't have energy for party after class. Evening studying was no way for me - I was too tired but now I do things to school till 11pm. Another benefit is that I feel with more energy is my mood much better....I am so excited smile.png

At the end few other questions for you OlympusMons smile.png :

1) When do you eat meat? At the evening or a little of every meal? Do you eat other meat than salmon or tuna?

2) Do you know what alcohol is the least harmful for skin? I read that Way said that vodka is. Tell me please what is your opinion on alcohol. New Year's Eve party is comming and I don't wanna wake up with a lot of pimples on my skin smile.png

3) Day 5 + Day 9 questions smile.png

4) *Edit* One more question - is it possible to get fat on this diet? Like if I was eating 4000 calories through the day every day but only from fruits, olive oil and raw meat.

I am so glad that I finally found the right diet...eusa_pray.gif

MemberMember
(@olympusmons)

Posted : 12/09/2011 2:23 pm

Hello OlympusMons, Thank you for answering all my questions. I have been on this diet for 9 days now and I wanna share with all members of acne.org my progress and results so far.

Hey Scootah!

Thank you for your feedback!

I am suspecting the egg yolks because in the past every time I try ate eggs my face looked next day worse but I was eating then tons of other stuff so I though now it will be ok. Is it possible to get acne from egg yolks? Am I sensitive on them?

I don't think it was from the only 3 egg yolks.

What orange juice have you been drinking?

Store bought orange juice is pasteurized, and therefore can make you pimples.

Even worse than pasteurization, most brands like tropicana keep their juice up to one year, and then use flavor packs to give it flavor. Complete rubbish, so always do your own juice at home.

I get back home and decided that now I will eat 8-10 small meals through a day -> 1 meal every hour. The meal will contain 4 small pieces of fruit (2 small mandarins, 1/4 of avocado, 1/3 of big banana) and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. I was a little bit worried of too much fat but it shows that fat is not what cause me acne. So now I ate through the day about 16 small mandarins, 16 tablespoon of olive oil, 3 big bananas and 2 avocados and 60g of salmon.

The "slowest" you can eat, the better, but you don't need to be that scrupulous about your meals.

Just eat whenever you want, as long as you always eat fruit/juices with some fat.

16tbsp of OO, that's ok to eat but you don't need that much hehe! Try eating 1g of fat for each 2g of carbs. Use WaiDiet calculator for this.

I don't know if kiwi gave me on the end of the day medium pimple on my neck and few whiteheads on the face with little of bumps or fact that I eat more sugar in one meal.

It's still too soon to tell... you're still on the stage of diet (until day 15) were you might be getting new pimples whatsoever.

I was thinking about using olive oil...what do you think OlympusMons? Doesn't I get pimples from using olive oil like moisturizer?

No, oils, unlike what most people say, won't give you pimples when used as moisturizers. You must use little tough, like 1 fingertip for the whole face.

Sure you can use OO, but make sure it's top quality.

You gotta try it to know if you get on well with it.

But you should also try coconut oil. We think it's the best oil for skincare, and lots of people on the diet use it.

I can't use any oil, because my burned skin is very sensitive, but I get wonderful moisturizing results with pure glycerin.

Recommendation for everone - TRY THIS DIET!!! I tried every diet at this forum (low glycemic, organic meat + vegetable only, vegetarian, vegan,...) and it seems that only Wai diet works for me. Key is eat little bit of food very often. I feel more energetic through a day. I remember how I was falling asleep at a class about 6pm and don't have energy for party after class. Evening studying was no way for me - I was too tired but now I do things to school till 11pm. Another benefit is that I feel with more energy is my mood much better....I am so excited

I had to bold this, and thank you so much for saying this, because it's really the best thing about this diet, imo!

Lots of people in our forum report this kind of benefits!

1) When do you eat meat? At the evening or a little of every meal? Do you eat other meat than salmon or tuna?

It's best to eat meat/fish only once or twice a day, because it requires some effort to digest. Evening is best, but day is completely fine too.

Yes, I eat mackerel, other local small fatty fish, and organic grounded beef sirloin.

2) Do you know what alcohol is the least harmful for skin? I read that Way said that vodka is. Tell me please what is your opinion on alcohol. New Year's Eve party is comming and I don't wanna wake up with a lot of pimples on my skin

Definitely vodka, cause it's almost only water+ethanol.

All other alcoholic beverages these days go through lots of chemical processes, and get added lots of stuff.

is it possible to get fat on this diet? Like if I was eating 4000 calories through the day every day but only from fruits, olive oil and raw meat.

I'd say it's 99.9% impossible. This diet don't provide you any appetite enhancers (substances present in all cooked foods, and often added in packed/junk foods).

These are the cause of overweight - people get physically addicted on food, and so they overeat.

In this diet it's very difficult to overeat. If you'd consume 4000kcal, you'd get very full (I did this a few times). Unless you were very active, and would actually spend these 4000kcal.

Resuming, the absence of taste enhancers will sharply regulate your body's appetite and its demand for energy.

I am so glad that I finally found the right diet...

That's exactly what I felt when I was starting, like you, and still feel today :)

Thanks again! ;)

MemberMember
(@olympusmons)

Posted : 12/09/2011 2:38 pm

And glad to see it's going well!

MemberMember
(@strax)

Posted : 12/20/2011 2:22 pm

I felt great on this diet. I did it for over a month, but maybe i was consuming too many bananas, or too much non-organic fruit, because it didn't help me at all. I did feel really good though, I might go back on it just for the energy and try to treat my acne with supplements

MemberMember
(@olympusmons)

Posted : 12/20/2011 5:41 pm

I felt great on this diet. I did it for over a month, but maybe i was consuming too many bananas, or too much non-organic fruit, because it didn't help me at all. I did feel really good though, I might go back on it just for the energy and try to treat my acne with supplements

Hey strax.

I'm sorry to hear that your acne didn't improve in that time, and at the same time and glad to hear that you felt like that!

If you're acne didn't improve, there are 2 options:

1.) You are one of the very small minority that have strong hormonal unbalance and this diet won't clear up

2.) You did something wrong.

Too much non-organic fruit won't cause acne. It's ok to eat lots of non-organic foods as long as you always peel them, in order not to ingest the pesticides and other residues (99% of this stuff remains in the peels). But even if you were ingesting this much pesticides, pesticides are unhealthy, but won't cause acne.

What you might be doing wrong in something a lot of people do, even I did in the beginning: forgetting to always eat fatty foods when you eat sugary foods.

This will prevent blood glucose spikes, and blood glucose spikes can cause acne in some people. (Too many bananas is ok, as long as you eat some fat with them!)

Again, I'm glad that you felt great on this diet, and I think that's the very reason for doing it. I would challenge you to try it for 2 more weeks, and see if this time you'd get cleared up :)

If you have any questions feel free to PM me

MemberMember
(@strax)

Posted : 12/21/2011 12:26 am

OlympusMon I dont think the sample size has been large enough to draw those 2 stark conclusions about that diet. As far as I know, very few people have actually followed the protocal, so it would be hard to get good numbers on how well it works.

Fatty foods with my meals was the main thing that I was doing. Because before the diet, i was doing the exact raw food meat/fruit diet as the Wai, except I wasnt combining them. Infact I have been eating this way for 4 or 5 months. Then I did the Wai diet for over a month where i combined them.

MemberMember
(@olympusmons)

Posted : 12/21/2011 1:53 pm

OlympusMon I dont think the sample size has been large enough to draw those 2 stark conclusions about that diet. As far as I know, very few people have actually followed the protocal, so it would be hard to get good numbers on how well it works.

Ok, it's a plausible opinion. But we don't think that this diet will clear everyone up (except the ones with strong hormonal unbalance) based only on empiric evidence. We also think that based in this diet's biochemistry theory (google freeacnebook). But yes, this is not some kind of scientifically evidence, but from what we've been seeing and from what we believe, it's pretty much what happens. That's why we always say - if you don't believe, try it yourself... and as a matter of fact, I've browsed through the whole forum of this diet (waitalk), and you're the second person that I read that it didn't work.

We'd love to "prove" it scientifically, by clinical studies, or any other kind of studies on people, but only a dermatologist could do this (in order to be recognized by the scientific community), and we still haven't found any interested (guess why...)

Fatty foods with my meals was the main thing that I was doing. Because before the diet, i was doing the exact raw food meat/fruit diet as the Wai, except I wasnt combining them. Infact I have been eating this way for 4 or 5 months. Then I did the Wai diet for over a month where i combined them.

Nice! The you've been doing Wai Diet for 4/5 months, and Acne Sample Diet (the version to get rid of acne) for 1 month!

You must really feel different by now!

But there are a few other things that could have given you acne:

medications

alcohol

irradiated meat

nuts (they give acne to some people)

commercial products used on face (soaps, moisturizers, all of that stuff)

Did you make sure to stick strictly to the rules of the acnesamplediet page?

Or maybe you're unlucky to be one of the few people who's got strong hormonal unbalance, but even in this group this diet will make your skin complexion and acne condition much better!

So tell me: this diet didn't help you at all, or just didn't clean you 100%?

MemberMember
(@olympusmons)

Posted : 02/28/2012 11:26 am

I got new photos, check my gallery!

Anyone would like to post some photos of their progress here? ;)

MemberMember
(@barayrayalldayday)

Posted : 04/13/2012 5:08 pm

Can I wash my face three times a day with water? I've been washing it just twice and I am still getting pimples...I keep thinking it'll be perfect by tomorrow and it's not happening. I've been on the diet for 5 days...Easter was last Sunday and I ATE terribly over easter, could all these "New" pimples be from all the crap I ate last weekend? I have "Combination Oily" skin...

Thanks,

I have my fingers crossed that THIS is my cure...

P.S. Can I eat like a peach/kiwi & avocado together? LOL cause I just did anyway...

MemberMember
(@olympusmons)

Posted : 04/19/2012 2:41 pm

Can I wash my face three times a day with water? I've been washing it just twice and I am still getting pimples...I keep thinking it'll be perfect by tomorrow and it's not happening. I've been on the diet for 5 days...Easter was last Sunday and I ATE terribly over easter, could all these "New" pimples be from all the crap I ate last weekend? I have "Combination Oily" skin...

Thanks,

I have my fingers crossed that THIS is my cure...

P.S. Can I eat like a peach/kiwi & avocado together? LOL cause I just did anyway...

Sorry, I haven't been coming here in a while!

These new pimples are normal. In the first 2 weeks you will be getting new pimples, even if you do the diet 100%, because the blockem sebum will be "pulled out" of your skin. After 2 weeks, you'll be (and always remain) clear. If you eat crap, back to day zero...!

This will be the cure, believe me. In our forum, I've only read of 1 of 2 persons who didn't suceed, over dozens and dozens of testimonials. This is the real thing. You'll find out by yourself once you get it right over the 2 weeks ;)

Ofc you can eat those fruits together! As long as you do these 2 things:

1)stay 1-2hours without eating after eating fish/meat

2)always eat some fat(olive oil, avocado, nuts, egg yolk) with fruits

you can eat whatever combination of (Wai) foods you want.

MemberMember
(@tunnelvisionary)

Posted : 04/22/2012 2:17 am

I used to be cautious of this diet because of the large amounts of fruits and fruit juices. I jumped on the bandwagon of thinking all sugars in all forms are bad for acne. Added and refined sugars can mess things up, definitely! However, putting fruits in the same category as a cookie because they both have fructose is misguided in my opinion, and I see that now. I love fruits and sugar! They have helped my health so much. My hair line started receding because of low-no carbing it (vegetables are not a great source for calories or carbs) and not eating enough. I'm sure there is a right way to do that sort of diet, but I wasn't doing it, and eating a bunch of fruit is much more satisfying.

I don't have anything against 100% raw, I just cook my meats a little bit. Not afraid of undercooking.

Anyway, Wai diet gets my approval, though I don't really follow it :)

MemberMember
(@olympusmons)

Posted : 04/26/2012 6:31 pm

I used to be cautious of this diet because of the large amounts of fruits and fruit juices. I jumped on the bandwagon of thinking all sugars in all forms are bad for acne. Added and refined sugars can mess things up, definitely! However, putting fruits in the same category as a cookie because they both have fructose is misguided in my opinion, and I see that now. I love fruits and sugar! They have helped my health so much. My hair line started receding because of low-no carbing it (vegetables are not a great source for calories or carbs) and not eating enough. I'm sure there is a right way to do that sort of diet, but I wasn't doing it, and eating a bunch of fruit is much more satisfying.

Yes, sugar is needed for lots of vital functions of the body.

The only way sugar can cause acne is eating a lot at a time, and without fat, by spiking blood glucose levels.

I'm glad you experieced with youself. That's the best way to get things right!

I don't have anything against 100% raw, I just cook my meats a little bit. Not afraid of undercooking.

I see. You should try slow cooked meat then. It's almost as healthy as raw meat, since most of the damage is done at high temperatures (above 90ºC or so). Buy a tajine, it's cheap like 10 ‚/dolares, you'll be amazed ;)

Or you can also buy a (cheap) dehydrator and dry your meat. It tastes somehow cooked and can be considered raw if you don't go over 60ºC. I always dry my meat lately... so good!

Anyway, Wai diet gets my approval, though I don't really follow it smile.png

Nice ;)

MemberMember
(@strax)

Posted : 06/25/2012 11:53 am

This diet is confusing to me. It recommends drinking fruit juice with added sugar and added fat. Basically the absolute worst thing anyone can do for insulin. All the research I've read on diet and acne suggested to lower the GI of the diet.

The creator of the diet also suggests that the skin retaining water is a major factor in acne, in which case salt should correlate more to acne than "dirty" cooked protein foods.

MemberMember
(@strax)

Posted : 06/25/2012 12:14 pm

also, the idea of uncooked foods being more healthy and natural is a good one. However, would they really be consuming fruit juices with fat to lower the GI? No caveman was eating fat with fruit

MemberMember
(@olympusmons)

Posted : 06/27/2012 5:10 pm

This diet is confusing to me. It recommends drinking fruit juice with added sugar and added fat. Basically the absolute worst thing anyone can do for insulin. All the research I've read on diet and acne suggested to lower the GI of the diet.

Why is it the worst thing anyone can do for insulin?

Fruit have amongst the lowest GI's of sugary/carby foods.

The creator of the diet also suggests that the skin retaining water is a major factor in acne, in which case salt should correlate more to acne than "dirty" cooked protein foods.

Absolutely. It's scientifically proven that salt can cause a lot of water retention in the skin.

I honestly didn't know that it might even led to more acne than "dirty" cooked protein, but that might be because the increase of water retention happens very suddently with salt.

also, the idea of uncooked foods being more healthy and natural is a good one. However, would they really be consuming fruit juices with fat to lower the GI? No caveman was eating fat with fruit

Maybe cause they never thought about this simple but very effective aproach.

Just like no one ever thought before about the simple but very effective aproach of avoiding acne by avoiding the things who are known (scientifically proven) to cause water retention in the skin.

Why? I don't know. I rally don't know.

MemberMember
(@ash301)

Posted : 05/19/2013 6:04 pm

Hello!

I'm just starting the Wai diet and I have a few questions:

There are is no mention of seeds. Are seeds such as chia, seasame, and pumpkin prohibited? They are a great source of fat...

Also, almonds. Why are these restricted if they are raw with skins on?

Finally, coconut oil. I love coconut oil and it goes wonderfully with fruits (use it as a dip!). Can I switch it up a little and use some coconut oil in place of olive oil?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer my questions! I'm hoping this diet plan will help me as it has seemingly helped so many others. Cheers!

MemberMember
(@ash301)

Posted : 05/21/2013 6:58 am

Hello!

I'm just starting the Wai diet and I have a few questions:

There are is no mention of seeds. Are seeds such as chia, seasame, and pumpkin prohibited? They are a great source of fat...

Also, almonds. Why are these restricted if they are raw with skins on?

Finally, coconut oil. I love coconut oil and it goes wonderfully with fruits (use it as a dip!). Can I switch it up a little and use some coconut oil in place of olive oil?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer my questions! I'm hoping this diet plan will help me as it has seemingly helped so many others. Cheers!

Well, I take it this thread is now dead! Thanks anyway.