Notifications
Clear all

From Generic Ortho Tri-Cyclen (Tri-Sprintec) To Name Brand

MemberMember
(@betsy91)

Posted : 11/08/2011 9:53 pm

This is true! I tried doing it holistically but I was obsessing over Everything!!!! I was scared to even chew gum! Forget that. I want to be normal with antibiotics. Lol it was too much

MemberMember
(@casablancaa)

Posted : 11/08/2011 9:55 pm

1st Week, Second Pack, Tri-Sprintec

My chin and area around the mouth are looking way better which seems consistent with how the process usually goes....from my Yasmin log, the initial breakout went like this- 1) Starts with huge cystic breakout around the mouth and nose area, jawline cysts as well 2) starts to breakout in cysts near eyebrow/forehead/nose area, 3) Notice skin becoming less oilier, and hair becomes less oily, you can go more days inbetween hair washings 4) chin/ mouth area starts to clear up, cysts heal faster than before, 5) whiteheads and pimples on forehead/hairline arise to the surface, 6) things start healing faster in general....7)then CLEAR. haha

I have some pimples on my forehead that are healing and dying down...also I have to add I've been feeling really "hormonal" today, like I feel like crying for no reason, maybe it's because I just finished my period week...

I have an appointment with a new dermatologist next week, to ask him about these two hypertrophic scars that I've had on my nose for 5 years. They are flattened, but the scar is still there and slightly visible and I want them REMOVED. I ordered ScarAway ($26 on amazon) online today, I'm going to try to see if these silicone pads will help them to go away....heard good things about this product..

MemberMember
(@betsy91)

Posted : 11/08/2011 11:23 pm

Hmm hopefully it all goes well! I actually did notice my hair is wayyyyyy less oily too! I also usually get my eyebrows done like every week and half or two and I got them done a while ago but they still look new as ever! Norman they'd be a mess by now! So no crazy hair or anything! I'm excited! My IB sounds the same as yours so hopefully I'll keep following in your path and will start to clear up soon as I begin my second pack(: just four pills left till I start it(:

Really? Have you tried microdermabrasion? Good luck with that(:

Also the log you posted about the yasmine, what was the time frame for this?

MemberMember
(@betsy91)

Posted : 11/09/2011 5:30 pm

When is this IB gonna be over :( my face looks like a crocodile's back!!!!

MemberMember
(@casablancaa)

Posted : 11/14/2011 4:26 am

Hmm hopefully it all goes well! I actually did notice my hair is wayyyyyy less oily too! I also usually get my eyebrows done like every week and half or two and I got them done a while ago but they still look new as ever! Norman they'd be a mess by now! So no crazy hair or anything! I'm excited! My IB sounds the same as yours so hopefully I'll keep following in your path and will start to clear up soon as I begin my second pack(: just four pills left till I start it(:

Really? Have you tried microdermabrasion? Good luck with that(:

Also the log you posted about the yasmine, what was the time frame for this?

I was on Yasmin for a few years in 2007 and 2008...nope haven't tried microdermabrasion, I really can't afford all those expensive treatments but the silicone scars pads are working pretty well right now so hopefully after a few months they'll be reduced a lot..

When is this IB gonna be over sad.png my face looks like a crocodile's back!!!!

Jesuuuuuuuuuuuuus, mine too. STILL. I am almost done with the first week of my second pack, and I thought I'd try stopping the Minocycline pills in this past week (just because I don't want to take so many medications), and I'm breaking out the same as last month! About 3 Ugly cysts on my forehead that are huge, loads of whiteheads all over my hairline, and my jawline and chin...still with those persistent hard cysts........we just have to be patient I guess..but I have to start taking minocycline again, I just can't deal with it, these things leave red marks and scars which I can't afford to have..

It's funny because I've been reading some of the other Ortho-Tricyclen and generic logs on here, and a lot of the people seem to be clear in the first month...not fair..

MemberMember
(@betsy91)

Posted : 11/14/2011 11:01 am

I'm sorry :( okay but I have hope now! I'm kind of clearing up(: it's still ugly as hell and embarrassing but I'm noticing the skin underneath looks so pretty! So that's a promise sign right? I started my second pack last night and woke up kind of nauseous =\ hey I have a question. The placebo pills like on the last week, are they necessary to take? They don't have anything in them?

Ohhhh... I found a skin lady practictioner that does a chemical peel and dermabrasion for 80 dollars where I'm from so it's not that expensive. It works well I just shouldn't have done it when I have acne =\

MemberMember
(@casablancaa)

Posted : 11/14/2011 4:55 pm

I'm sorry sad.png okay but I have hope now! I'm kind of clearing up(: it's still ugly as hell and embarrassing but I'm noticing the skin underneath looks so pretty! So that's a promise sign right? I started my second pack last night and woke up kind of nauseous =\ hey I have a question. The placebo pills like on the last week, are they necessary to take? They don't have anything in them?

Ohhhh... I found a skin lady practictioner that does a chemical peel and dermabrasion for 80 dollars where I'm from so it's not that expensive. It works well I just shouldn't have done it when I have acne =\

Yes you have to take the sugar pills, you need to have your period every month..

Also, I think you're clearing up because you just finished the sugar pills and are just about to take the hormone pills again. I think the hormone pills are causing the bad breakout..I was clearing up too last week, but I just started breaking out a few days ago when I started the new pack....boooo

MemberMember
(@betsy91)

Posted : 11/14/2011 5:46 pm

No I mean do I actually have to swallow them? They don't have anything in them so whats the difference you know? It's because on my last day I forgot to take the sugar pill so I'm wondering if that makes a difference? I started my regular pack now. Crap I don't want anymore breakouts :( it's sooooo ugly :( ugh I'll cry =\ on the plus side I've been reading that for sure by the third pack things will start clearing up. So we just have one more pack to go!

MemberMember
(@casablancaa)

Posted : 11/14/2011 8:34 pm

No I mean do I actually have to swallow them? They don't have anything in them so whats the difference you know? It's because on my last day I forgot to take the sugar pill so I'm wondering if that makes a difference? I started my regular pack now. Crap I don't want anymore breakouts sad.png it's sooooo ugly sad.png ugh I'll cry =\ on the plus side I've been reading that for sure by the third pack things will start clearing up. So we just have one more pack to go!

I am not sure if you have to swallow them.....I was thinking that too, by the 3rd-4th pack, things should start to calm down....It's good I already graduated college, and am still looking for a job...I cannot imagine sitting in class with this skin right now hahaha...people would stare..

MemberMember
(@betsy91)

Posted : 11/15/2011 1:42 am

I'm in college:( lol but I don't care at this point because I'm transferring to a new city in jan so by jan I'll be on my 4th pack so things should be looking up hopefully by the third pack. Basically I feel fearless because I'm like Eh I won't see these people ever again so whatever lol

I need to vent or need inspiration or something =\ I'm kind of scared about the birth control =\ Ive read some stories where it doesn't help people and just makes it worse =\ I read that the generics for otho trycycline or whatever are really bad to take =\ I'm just really scared that it won't clear up:(

MemberMember
(@casablancaa)

Posted : 11/16/2011 3:37 pm

I'm in college:( lol but I don't care at this point because I'm transferring to a new city in jan so by jan I'll be on my 4th pack so things should be looking up hopefully by the third pack. Basically I feel fearless because I'm like Eh I won't see these people ever again so whatever lol

I need to vent or need inspiration or something =\ I'm kind of scared about the birth control =\ Ive read some stories where it doesn't help people and just makes it worse =\ I read that the generics for otho trycycline or whatever are really bad to take =\ I'm just really scared that it won't clear up:(

I've been on generics all my life...generic Yasmin, (ocella), generic Ortho-Novum (Necon)...the generic part has nothing to do with it, "generic" brands have the same ingredient mix of estrogen + whatever else, it's not like it's generic estrogen they're putting in there, it's just labeled under a different name so it will be cheaper for the consumer lol

MemberMember
(@casablancaa)

Posted : 11/17/2011 4:13 am

On to the second week of the second pack, and I am breaking out so bad.........Ahhh...It's like deja vu all over again from last month!!!! Cysts near the chin, many many many whiteheads near hairline, hard pimples I can feel on my cheek.......................when is it going to stop

MemberMember
(@betsy91)

Posted : 11/17/2011 11:25 pm

Seriously? Ugh I'm in the middle of my first week I'm so scared :( I'm sorry =\ think positively! Time will fly by(:

MemberMember
(@casablancaa)

Posted : 11/19/2011 1:32 am

Seriously? Ugh I'm in the middle of my first week I'm so scared sad.png I'm sorry =\ think positively! Time will fly by(:

by the way, has your body (back, chest, shoulders) been breaking out too? My back looks awfulllllllllllllllllllllllll, the cysts are the size of small rocks and painful to sleep on ...

MemberMember
(@betsy91)

Posted : 11/19/2011 2:06 am

Omg yes! I just noticed! I didn't really think much! Haha yeah but now that I see it is! Just little small ones though. Hey I did research on the pills and saw this and thought you could read the first post as inspiration. http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=237972

It's just a girl saying how Tri sprintec (or however you spell the pill you're on) cleared her up well. For me, reading people that have success stories on what your starting helps(:

MemberMember
(@casablancaa)

Posted : 11/19/2011 2:10 am

Omg yes! I just noticed! I didn't really think much! Haha yeah but now that I see it is! Just little small ones though. Hey I did research on the pills and saw this and thought you could read the first post as inspiration. http://www.healthboa...ad.php?t=237972

It's just a girl saying how Tri sprintec (or however you spell the pill you're on) cleared her up well. For me, reading people that have success stories on what your starting helps(:

but she said she's also taking doxycycline which pretty much clears up acne by itself, no birth control pill needed..im hoping with this birth control piil I won't need to keep taking minocycline because I dont want to be on antibiotics too long....

MemberMember
(@betsy91)

Posted : 11/19/2011 2:32 am

Yeah... I dunno I try to read alot of success stories. I'm just scared because i also find people saying it did nothing for their acne and in fact it just made it worse the whole time. So I'm just hoping that I'm not wasting my time =\ I really hope this will work. That's why I'm sticking through all of it.

How did your interviews go? Didn't you say you had some job interviews, how were they(:

And I know this is kind of dumb but at least it's your back and not ALL on your face lol *me trying to be positive* (;

MemberMember
(@casablancaa)

Posted : 11/20/2011 9:54 pm

Yeah... I dunno I try to read alot of success stories. I'm just scared because i also find people saying it did nothing for their acne and in fact it just made it worse the whole time. So I'm just hoping that I'm not wasting my time =\ I really hope this will work. That's why I'm sticking through all of it.

How did your interviews go? Didn't you say you had some job interviews, how were they(:

And I know this is kind of dumb but at least it's your back and not ALL on your face lol *me trying to be positive* (;

my interview is tomorrow...phone interview thank god!!! because my forehead looks soooo crappy right now....and yea I have acne all over my back, but all over my face as well....my forehead is looking the worst right now, it seems every inch is covered in pimples cysts whiteheads, theres this one really painful one on my hairline thats peeling over....what is the worst part of your face right now?

How is your face looking betsy? Is it starting to clear up? I look absolutely horrible right now...my face is ALL spotty.....ughhhhhhhhhh I'm very angry at my doctor right now for choosing this pill for me.

MemberMember
(@betsy91)

Posted : 11/21/2011 2:33 am

I just realized how HUGE my boobs got! I just started my second week so I'm nevous. I want to start clearing up but I know about this week lol. My face is still ugly as hell. I have tons of little ones all over my forehead and them huge volcanoes on my cheeks, jawline and even my neck! They're developing on my neck! Then a few on my back. I washed my back today and there was a huge blackhead that came out. I'm hoping things are pushing out(:

MemberMember
(@casablancaa)

Posted : 11/21/2011 5:50 am

I just realized how HUGE my boobs got! I just started my second week so I'm nevous. I want to start clearing up but I know about this week lol. My face is still ugly as hell. I have tons of little ones all over my forehead and them huge volcanoes on my cheeks, jawline and even my neck! They're developing on my neck! Then a few on my back. I washed my back today and there was a huge blackhead that came out. I'm hoping things are pushing out(:

hahah yea I was going to make a post about it last month about how my chest was so heavy and it hurt so bad in the 1st pack, it was about 1 cup size bigger, but this month they are normal again....this birth control pill is crazyyy, but i'm glad I'm not the only one who's going through the initial breakout, seems like a lot of us are here....guess I won't have clear skin by Thanksgiving crazy.gif Hopefully by Christmas though...god my family is going to really freak when they see my skin..

MemberMember
(@betsy91)

Posted : 11/21/2011 12:57 pm

I woke up this morning and some of my scarring seemed lighter? I dunno.... I'm hoping i stay the same! Fingers crossed! Yeah thank god for you because I probably wouldve given up hope on this and not expected it... I thought as soon as I took it I would clear up not break out! Don't worry well start our third pack soon and hopefully then things will start looking up? I'm hoping to look decent on my birthday the 9th of January!

MemberMember
(@casablancaa)

Posted : 11/21/2011 5:48 pm

I woke up this morning and some of my scarring seemed lighter? I dunno.... I'm hoping i stay the same! Fingers crossed! Yeah thank god for you because I probably wouldve given up hope on this and not expected it... I thought as soon as I took it I would clear up not break out! Don't worry well start our third pack soon and hopefully then things will start looking up? I'm hoping to look decent on my birthday the 9th of January!

yeaa I woke up this morning with no huge breakout and the acne dying away.......

MemberMember
(@betsy91)

Posted : 11/21/2011 8:30 pm

Yeah but your on your third week right? I'm bearly starting the second week and I'm scared!

MemberMember
(@casablancaa)

Posted : 11/21/2011 10:26 pm

Yeah but your on your third week right? I'm bearly starting the second week and I'm scared!

Today is the last day of my second week..I think that it takes 3 months for the initial breakout to subside because Ortho tri cyclen is a "triphasic" pill and it takes 3 cycles of your menstrual period to get used to it...

MemberMember
(@betsy91)

Posted : 11/22/2011 1:53 am

Oh okay. Do you think your breakout on the second week was as bad as last month? I'm just nervous because I'm coming to my second week and i don't want to be all nasty looking. Plus a boy I've been dating is coming into town and if I break out I'm seriously am going to lie and tell him I'm not in town lol I'll see him in two weeks after so I don't feel bad. And by then hopefully everything will be better. Hmmm three months? Okay... I'm going to stay positive