Notifications
Clear all

My Lush Routine

MemberMember
(@mrswyatt)

Posted : 03/06/2011 3:44 am

Yeah, I've just bought some Tea Tree Toner Tabs. They seem to work! Use one then do a mask apparently, quite impressed so far! :)
MemberMember
(@intheclear)

Posted : 03/07/2011 7:55 pm

I'm a huge lush fan....

if coalface ever seems too irritating or abrasive try dark angels...

the tea tree water is my staple and so is grease lightening..so gentle that I'm using it along with accutane...

have you tried enzymion? I dont remember if you mentioned that in the original post, also herbalism!!! f.a.b.u.l.o.u.s stuff!!!!!

MemberMember
(@facemaskjunkie)

Posted : 03/09/2011 8:51 am

I'm a huge lush fan....

the tea tree water is my staple and so is grease lightening..so gentle that I'm using it along with accutane...

have you tried enzymion? I dont remember if you mentioned that in the original post, also herbalism!!! f.a.b.u.l.o.u.s stuff!!!!!

Hey, I tried enzymion, I used to use it over my Lush Fresh Farmacy that I took up again and will do the "2 week" rule to see if it's made a difference or not. But for me, enzymion was too greasy. My skin would be dry from the FF and then I would tone with tea tree then enzymion and walk around the house for 5 min. but for me, it was still too shiny. If that's all I was wearing, it would be OK though but after I put enzymion on, i would put a sunscreen then a primer then a foundation then powder so there was just waaaaay too much going on there. lol. I hope that helps!

Thanks for the feedback about my FF qualm everyone!

MemberMember
(@mrswyatt)

Posted : 03/12/2011 10:39 am

I'm a huge lush fan....

MemberMember
(@mrswyatt)

Posted : 03/12/2011 10:52 am

Day 65

I've been a little absent as of late, so apologies for that. I've got myself back into a gym routine so I've been there most evenings and weekends! I will get that beach body for the summer!!! My skin has broken out pretty bad at the moment. Be it because I am not following my routine as strict as I was or because of PMS, I'm not entirely sure. Once I get paid, I can have a Lush haul as I am running out of things which is making sticking to the routine difficult. I still love Fresh Farmacy so I will be getting more of that. I'm going to get Eau Roma Water toner instead of Tea Tree Water as I'm already using Tea Tree in Grease Lightning. The Eau Roma Water is good for dry and sensitive skin. I might give Vanishing Cream a try again as it is supposed to be for acne-prone skin and the sample I used was ok. I still love Cosmetic Warrior but as I can get through a face mask in two weeks, I need to get two each month as I run out and then have to go a fortnight without it. I might try Catastrophe Cosmetic aswell.

Not a great deal to report other than my skin is crap, I've not been doing the routine religiously and I've nearly ran out of everything. Roll on payday next week but until then, a couple of pictures of my skin as it is today.

post-142553-1299945103_thumb.jpg

post-142553-1299945112_thumb.jpg

post-142553-1299945103_thumb.jpg

post-142553-1299945112_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@willow569)

Posted : 03/12/2011 3:20 pm

To be honest, I would recommend that you consider not using these Lush products anymore.

Pretty much every product you are using or have used contain multiple potential skin irritants (many essential oils are irritating and these products are full of them), and some possible pore cloggers. Since you are prone to inflamed acne, I would also recommend staying away from scrubs totally. Scrubs are really meant for forms of acne that are not inflamed (clogged pores or blackheads). When you use a scrub on inflamed acne you are likely to irritate the skin which can lead to more inflammation and may spread your acne.

Just my 2 cents...

MemberMember
(@mrswyatt)

Posted : 03/16/2011 1:13 pm

To be honest, I would recommend that you consider not using these Lush products anymore.
MemberMember
(@willow569)

Posted : 03/16/2011 2:19 pm

Hi Willow569, I wouldn't use anything BUT Lush products. My skin was a hell of lot worse before using them. They are an absolute godsend in my opinion and I certainly wouldn't ditch them for the likes of BP. I'm still experimenting with different products from Lush but I have some very firm favourites that I will not give up for anything. I guess everyones skin is different and now I am back on track with my routine, my skin has cleared up again :)

Good to hear. I suggested that since you had indicated that you were still breaking out (and I never suggested BP - there are lots of other options). LUSH products don't have a particularly good rep from the skin experts on makeupalley.com, but glad they are working for you.

MemberMember
(@mrswyatt)

Posted : 03/19/2011 4:51 am

Day 72

I've been sticking to the routine religiously since my last post as my skin was breaking out pretty bad but it's finally started to clear up and the hyperpigmentation I've always suffered with looks like it is improving. Dare I say that this is the happiest I have been with my skin in the past three years?? (Please don't have jinxed that!!)

I can't quite put this down to one thing in particular. I've come off the pill as I want to start a family towards the end of the year, I use all Lush products except for my moisturiser which is a Boots Botanics range. I actually think the moisturiser is what has made the most difference to the red marks I suffer with following a breakout. That can actually be worse than the breakout itself as it looks like you are suffering with spots more than you are!!

Overall this week, I'm pretty happy :)

post-142553-1300528185_thumb.jpg

post-142553-1300528192_thumb.jpg

post-142553-1300528199_thumb.jpg

post-142553-1300528185_thumb.jpg

post-142553-1300528192_thumb.jpg

post-142553-1300528199_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@mrswyatt)

Posted : 04/16/2011 1:47 am

Day 100!!

So I've been at this routine now for 100 days and I've been absent for a while, not updating as often as I used to basically because there has been nothing to report. I'm 99.8% clear of active spots, I have one small one on the side of my jaw which will be gone by Monday morning and the rest is hyperpigmentation. For the past couple of weeks I have changed my diet (near enough cut out carbs completely) and I've lost 3% in body fat and 2lbs in weight. Good times :)

I can't quite say if my skin improvement has been down to Lush products as I came off the pill in November so that could have helped it too but I'm very happy at the moment. I'm thinking about microdermabrasion now just to help clear the red marks quicker. Anyhoo, I'm not going to update this anymore as there is no need but I'll linger around on the message boards and Q&A's so for one final time, here is my progress :)

post-142553-1302936356_thumb.jpg

post-142553-1302936365_thumb.jpg

post-142553-1302936356_thumb.jpg

post-142553-1302936365_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@pussycat84)

Posted : 04/16/2011 4:50 pm

Day 100!!

So I've been at this routine now for 100 days and I've been absent for a while, not updating as often as I used to basically because there has been nothing to report. I'm 99.8% clear of active spots, I have one small one on the side of my jaw which will be gone by Monday morning and the rest is hyperpigmentation. For the past couple of weeks I have changed my diet (near enough cut out carbs completely) and I've lost 3% in body fat and 2lbs in weight. Good times :)

I can't quite say if my skin improvement has been down to Lush products as I came off the pill in November so that could have helped it too but I'm very happy at the moment. I'm thinking about microdermabrasion now just to help clear the red marks quicker. Anyhoo, I'm not going to update this anymore as there is no need but I'll linger around on the message boards and Q&A's so for one final time, here is my progress :)

Looking great!! Woop woop! I'm on my fourth tub of Cosmetic Warrior and I've had five sessions of microdermabrasion and I'm finally feeling good about my skin. The micro has helped SO much, hope it helps you too. :D

MemberMember
(@mrswyatt)

Posted : 07/24/2011 2:05 am

Update ... 3 Months On!

I thought I'd make a quick trip back to Acne.org to see how people are getting on and whilst I was here, had a look through some of my posts. I can't believe my skin was ever that bad as it's been pretty steady since my last post. The Lush products really are a dream come true and without them, I honestly don't think I would have been able to improve my skin as the BP only made it worse.

I'm so pleased that my skin has calmed down now. My partner (soon to be husband!) has commented a lot saying how much my skin has improved. Maybe I won't feel like an ugly duckling at my wedding in 5 weeks time. I can't believe how quick it's come round. I'm going to continue with the Lush products just in case plus I love the smell of them and they are cheap. The hyperpigmentation I was suffering from is pretty much non-existant and I have a few red marks from a little breakout I had last week from using a new foundation.

post-142553-1311491051_thumb.jpg

post-142553-1311491064_thumb.jpg

post-142553-1311491051_thumb.jpg

post-142553-1311491064_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@accushame)

Posted : 07/25/2011 6:49 pm

Youre lucky your skin can stay clear without any "treatments" :( !! Mine went crazy when I tried to get off BP lol. I hope you have the time of your life at your wedding girl! Nice to see you're doing good =)

MemberMember
(@accushame)

Posted : 07/26/2011 5:06 pm

Nails done, a spray tan and clear skin! Oww owwww lady, your man better know he's lucky! Lol, please post some pictures of your wedding :D

PS: Can you post all of the products you're using? I would love to check them out, I'm looking for a new cleanser.

MemberMember
(@mrswyatt)

Posted : 04/07/2012 1:29 pm

A Year On

I've not updated this for ages as I actually couldn't find it. I thought it would be worth providing an update as I'm still using Lush products and very rarely get a spot now. I'm so glad that I found something that worked for me. I feel so much more confident about my skin and sometimes go out without makeup!!

I'm also expecting a baby in June and I really thought that by getting pregnant, I'd start undoing all of the hardwork I'd put in with my skin but nope, nothing drastic happened. I've put on quite a few pounds which is to be expecting so I can't wait to have this baby and get back to the gym. Operation Yummy Mummy will be well and truly underway.

As I don't come on here anymore, please feel free to leave me a PM if you'd like some advice and I will send you my e-mail address. I'm a true Lush convert.

I was going to add some new pictures but it doesn't look like you can attach them anymore

:(

MemberMember
(@mrswyatt)

Posted : 12/11/2012 3:06 am

Almost 2 Years On

It's been 8 months since my last update and everything is still great with my skin. I'm now a Mum and gave birth to a healthy baby girl in July. She's amazing.

I'll be completely honest and admit that I rarely wash my face anymore and just use a baby wipe in the evenings to take my make up off. Surprisingly, my skin is still clear. I've managed to attach some pictures of my face (no make-up, completely natural). I'm the happiest I've been in 6 years with my skin.

I've not used anything like microdermabrasion or peels etc to clear the hyperpigmentation left by my acne. It seems to have reduced on it's own.

Photoon2012-12-11at0756.jpg

Photoon2012-12-11at07552.jpg

Photoon2012-12-11at07554.jpg

I really hope my regime can help people cure their acne. It made me miserable for a long time. I tried everything but what worked for me was using natural products that didn't cost the earth.

MemberMember
(@ijpinilla)

Posted : 12/22/2012 11:46 pm

Wow, complete 180! Your skin looks amazing. What did your final regimen with Lush products turn out to be?

MemberMember
(@vintage-curly)

Posted : 12/23/2012 12:26 am

wow this is great congrats! i've never heard of LUSH products but i will def look into them. it's amazing how well skin can heal itself.

def trying to go the more natural root too