Notifications
Clear all

*****spironolactone/retin A Micro Log***** I Am Clear!

MemberMember
(@tryingforonehotmail-com)

Posted : 11/08/2011 10:37 pm

Wow! Another 6 months have passed! I can't believe it! My skin looks incredible! It has been WELL over a year since I joined this site and my battle was an uphill one for sure (especially the first 6 months). PLEASE - do not give up! Persistence is SOOOO critical. Retin A takes T.I.M.E., and I am so glad that I persevered through the horrid break outs and dry skin while beginning the product. I absolutely DID NOT see miraculous results after three months of consistent use, but I now I get compliments on my skin all.the.time! It is so smooth and even toned and most importantly, pimple and PIH mark FREE!! I will never, ever go without Retin A for the rest of my life.

Also, I am STILL using the DermaDoctor Cleanser. I had a brief bout with perioral dermatitus, and this greatly helped the process and I just never quit using it. I still use the Cetaphil moisturizer, too.

Best wishes to all of you, who are in process - DON'T GIVE UP and congratulations to all of you in maintenance phase (like me).

Oh, by the way, I think I mentioned this before, but Almay has a WONDERFUL self tanner for faces that I use DAILY!!! That's right - DAILY! While I wouldn't recommend using a face tanner while in treatment process, don't be afraid while in the maintenance phase!!

MemberMember
(@lja08)

Posted : 11/10/2011 1:27 pm

Wow! Another 6 months have passed! I can't believe it! My skin looks incredible! It has been WELL over a year since I joined this site and my battle was an uphill one for sure (especially the first 6 months). PLEASE - do not give up! Persistence is SOOOO critical. Retin A takes T.I.M.E., and I am so glad that I persevered through the horrid break outs and dry skin while beginning the product. I absolutely DID NOT see miraculous results after three months of consistent use, but I now I get compliments on my skin all.the.time! It is so smooth and even toned and most importantly, pimple and PIH mark FREE!! I will never, ever go without Retin A for the rest of my life.

Also, I am STILL using the DermaDoctor Cleanser. I had a brief bout with perioral dermatitus, and this greatly helped the process and I just never quit using it. I still use the Cetaphil moisturizer, too.

Best wishes to all of you, who are in process - DON'T GIVE UP and congratulations to all of you in maintenance phase (like me).

Oh, by the way, I think I mentioned this before, but Almay has a WONDERFUL self tanner for faces that I use DAILY!!! That's right - DAILY! While I wouldn't recommend using a face tanner while in treatment process, don't be afraid while in the maintenance phase!!

its really encouraging reading this. im glad you have been clear even after getting off spiro...i really wish i could get off all these oral meds :( hopefully by this time next year i'll be just like you.

although i am not on retin-a, i am on spiro 50mg and have been for about 22 days. ive seen results, but seem to still have experienced a small but very irritating breakout on my chin 3 weeks in. i have been struggling with breakouts around my mouth/chin area and clogged pores on my forehead and cheeks for about 6 months, almost out of nowhere. i used to have gorgeous, clear, flawless skin--"wash and go" id say, and then i just didnt anymore :( i really miss it.

i have been told its all hormonal, but im not exactly sure. im on birth control and have been for 6 years, and never had these issues. i personally think its all stress related. i experienced an insanely traumatic event, and my skin hasnt been the same since--i feel like it knocked me back to high school in terms of my skin...gross. perpetual/chronic stress will do that...

anyway, glad to hear you are doing well. best of luck...i will think of your story when i get down on myself.

MemberMember
(@lifeinfaith)

Posted : 04/16/2013 12:19 pm

Lja - How has you skin been since your 2011 post and starting on spiro?

MemberMember
(@dee3)

Posted : 06/20/2013 4:04 pm

hi, I have loved reading your posts, I wanted to say i was delighted to read that spiro and in particular retin a has worked so well for you, that you could actually stop taking the spiro. in the long run who likes taking a oral med when the retin a is totally safe for life!

also the post you mentioned about god is so true. he only helps us when we help ourselves AND truly have faith in him. you did and he blessed you.

Amazing stuff, take care x