Notifications
Clear all

AcneJean's Log

MemberMember
(@acnejean)

Posted : 10/31/2012 7:15 pm

I didn't break out yet. Even though it has only been 3 night of using it, I know it won't break me out. If a product is going to break me out, I notice it on the 1st or 2nd day instantly.

MemberMember
(@acnejean)

Posted : 11/02/2012 11:37 am

I actually think it is drying my skin out. I slathered it all over my face last night and it isn't that magical looking in the morning. Maybe I should just do a drop in my regular face lotion..

MemberMember
(@acnejean)

Posted : 11/16/2012 1:29 pm

I stopped the Spiro. It's nice waking up with oil on my face. Who knew I'd be saying that! :P

I have been using the TCA peel 2 times on a large pock mark near my mouth. I think that is the last time I'll be doing that for awhile. It almost got infected and I worried it could turn into MRSA again like I had years ago. Worst nightmare.

Maybe I should cut my Spiro to 50 mg.

MemberMember
(@acnejean)

Posted : 11/27/2012 12:41 am

One thing I am grateful for is the fact I can wash my face, put moisturizer on and go to bed! I remember how long it took to put Neosporin on all the popped zits/wounds, cover them up with tissue and then put on spot treatments like BP.

MemberMember
(@acnejean)

Posted : 11/29/2012 10:57 am

Because my marks are fading, I've stopped wearing as much foundation. I still DO, but it is condiserbly less. I focus on covering the redness in my skin.

Updated pics in my gallery.

MemberMember
(@acnejean)

Posted : 01/16/2013 4:40 pm

I have been under a lot of stress lately, so I got my first cyst in forever. I felt pain on my chin and this one was going to be huge. Oh, did I mention I have a date on Friday? Worst timing ever. I put some hydrocortisone cream on it, but it wasn't doing enough, so I thought about popping it even though it didn't have a head.

Bad mistake.

I ended up putting neem seed oil over the wound and to help heal it. Phew. Love neem seed oil even if it smells horrible.

MemberMember
(@acnejean)

Posted : 02/25/2013 3:19 pm

I had these sprinkling of tiny white heads on the sides of my chin/mouth. I wondered what the heck was causing them. Then I remembered I ate a lot of sugary food lately. It reminded me of the time I did a test a long time ago. I ate a box of candy and got the same reaction.. little white heads all over. I have been eating junk food because I'm trying to gain weight. I need to gain weight so I can work out easily. (If that makes sense)

MemberMember
(@acnejean)

Posted : 03/03/2013 2:15 pm

I was on the train last night and caught a glimpse of my reflection on the train. The lighting is horrible on there. Holy moly. There was a patch of dents on my cheek that seemed deep. Ugh. I'm going to purchase a new dermaroller and try it over that patch.

MemberMember
(@acnejean)

Posted : 03/16/2013 5:58 pm

The one thing I have noticed is that even with the medication Sprio, I still can't be 100% acne free. I still react to high dairy foods, sugar, and stress. I don't eat dairy anyways and rarely eat high sugary foods.

I have been getting more stress since starting 2013 and have noticed that if I cry, I get this huge cystic pimple on my chin! It's always the same spot! I guess no crying for me.

I got one in January and again I got one this week. I accidentally hit my face and noticed it hurt in one spot. I thought what the heck and took a needle to the spot. There was no bump, but I knew in my gut something was up. I squeezed the spot and yellow puss came out. UGH! Now I have to heal that spot all over again.

I randomly stumbled on this acne video a girl put up and it made me realize I should be grateful I'm not in that position anymore.

MemberMember
(@acnejean)

Posted : 04/05/2013 1:58 pm

Updated my photo gallery.

MemberMember
(@acnejean)

Posted : 04/09/2013 6:06 pm

I got the B5 gel in the mail today. I'm going to put it on my forehead to see if it gives any bumps. I have the seabuckthorn oil coming this week too. I have a feeling the oil will break me out rather than the B5.

MemberMember
(@acnejean)

Posted : 04/10/2013 3:22 pm

First day with the B5 gel. I put it on the right side of my face. It isn't as drying as I thought it would be. I do wonder if I'll get the same reaction as other serums I have used. It wouldn't exactly irritate my skin, but it would give me a ton of little irritation bumps.

MemberMember
(@acnejean)

Posted : 04/11/2013 11:00 am

I woke up today and my right side was less irritated than the left. However, it could also be what side I slept on. Who knows..

MemberMember
(@acnejean)

Posted : 04/13/2013 11:50 am

Still no break outs from the b5 gel. I'm surprised it leaves my skin moisturized. When I use my Neutrogena combo lotion, it leaves that tight feeling that I hate.

Put a tiny bit of sea buckthorn oil on my left temple and cheek. I am sure this will break me out. It is orange and has a weird smell.

MemberMember
(@acnejean)

Posted : 04/18/2013 9:46 pm

Been 1 week since I started. I am shockingly not really breaking out from either of the newly added skin care items. I'm mostly shocked by the seabuck thorn oil. I slathered it on the left side of my face and still haven't woken up with a monster zit. However, it's not like these products have magically healed by skin yet or anything, but it's nice to not just use the bland Neutrogena lotion.

MemberMember
(@acnejean)

Posted : 05/24/2013 9:20 pm

It has been over a month. I am using the seabuck thorn oil rather than the b5 gel. It really isn't breaking me out, so that's great. I'm hoping I can find a heavier oil because my skin feels dehyradated naturally.

MemberMember
(@acnejean)

Posted : 06/28/2013 11:54 am

June has been a bad month for my skin. I started getting a TON of little clogged pores on my chin which I, of course, picked at and would always end up with wounds. -Sigh-. I always believed that if I get the plug out, it'll totally help! No, it always ended up a mess. They aren't puss-filled zits or anything. I have to assume it is from the sea buck thorn oil because I made sure to stop it this month. I swear, the clogged pores came out of nowhere. I also tried switching to cotton pads with exfoliating beads on them, so maybe it'll get the makeup off more, if that's the reason why I have clogged pores.

I guess I have a skin picking addiction.. I am forcing myself to not pick even if I believe popping them will make my skin more level.

MemberMember
(@acnejean)

Posted : 07/19/2013 1:25 pm

I am back to using Likas Papaya soap. I used that years ago, but stopped because it was too drying. I'm tired of using Bioderrma to take my makeup off because it is probably the reason why I kept getting those clogged pores.

MemberMember
(@acnejean)

Posted : 08/07/2013 5:25 am

I stopped the Likas soap. I had used it a couple times to take my makeup off and soon after, my face was bright red like the old days. Ouch. It died down once I went back to Bioderna even though I'm pretty sure I can see the old, little clogged pores coming back. Maybe I should invest in some medicated cream for that area... but formulated for black heads? I don't know.

MemberMember
(@acnejean)

Posted : 10/27/2013 3:20 pm

I had my first Dermapen treatment almost 2 weeks ago. It was not that painful since they used numbing gel. It was pretty expensive at $300 per treatment, so I'm not sure I'll continue on.

It looked like a sun burn for a couple days. Maybe 1 week after, I needed serious exfoliation. There was surprisingly a lot of dry skin from this. At almost 2 weeks after, it has healed. My pock marks have not magically gone away, but I do feel like the red acne marks left behind are now dimished. My left side looks great. Could be the lighting in my bathroom though.

MemberMember
(@acnejean)

Posted : 12/05/2013 3:08 pm

So far, I've done 3 Dermapen treatments. 1 in the office, and 2 at home after I bought my own pen. I'm not sure if it has done anything yet. However, it is a great exfoliant because like I mentioned, you get a lot a dry skin to rub off after a couple days.