Notifications
Clear all

Isotrex.

MemberMember
(@babyhuggles)

Posted : 04/03/2008 2:24 pm

Hey,

I know what you mean michael, to get roaccutane i think you've got to have at least try other things and allow your acne to get worst before it you are classed as severe?!!!

i've bee suffering with acne since i was 13, (now im 21) i was on dianette for 4 years and it was great! but unfortunately i began to get migraines and told to come off. Since coming off my skin has became really bad, and is resulting in scarring, ive got red blemishes, and is over my cheeks, chin and my back. My ance is really red, inflammed and sore. I was on erthyomcin(sp?) which did help a bit but made me sick. I'm now on doxycycline and zineryt which i started 5 weeks ago.....ive seen a little improvement. its really frustrating and getting me down because of the scarring and the acne. I go to the doctor tomorrow and was thinking of trying isotrex but after reading the posts im a bit wary! the last thing i want is my acne to flare up.

MemberMember
(@michaelmorgan)

Posted : 04/04/2008 5:25 am

isotrexin might work for you! For me it did to an extent but definitely caused a severe flare up.

I'm doing pretty well on Differin right now. I'd suggest looking into that as it's not harsh on the skin. I've only got a few active major acne spots right now, i definitely, at the risk of jinxing it, am seeing some improvements now.

MemberMember
(@b-nice)

Posted : 04/04/2008 5:38 am

My acne flared up after I stopped taking the pill too. I've been on Isotrex since January and the initial flare up was pretty awful but since it tailed off my skin has been looking better than it has in years. I would say it's worth a try, but you should also consider starting with Differin rather than Isotrex.

MemberMember
(@michaelmorgan)

Posted : 04/15/2008 5:59 pm

Just so you know, even on Differin my skin is still having issues. I still have numerous pimples and am breaking out constantly. However, the only difference is these peoples dont turn cystic like they used to, But my skin looks a helluva lot worse now than it did when i started breaking out, but a helluva a lot better than it did about eight months ago.

I have been unlucky to have a dismissive dermatologist who only saw me ONCE and then a doctor and nurse who dont really know much about skin care and try whatever the textbooks say. They aren't considering my individual condition at all.

MemberMember
(@svs22)

Posted : 11/27/2009 8:51 am

hi i am on my second week using isotrex, i have mild acne, my face breaksout whenever i am understress from school or around my menstral cycle. however , i hate the marks it leave , so i started using isotrex but I am from the Caribbean and there is sun all year round.What am i to do and my skin is supersensitive especially to sun screens so the only option i have now is to walk around with an umbrella, does anyone have any suggestions.

MemberMember
(@leavemealoneacne)

Posted : 02/05/2011 8:26 am

Hi! I've been using Isotrex for three months now and my face has never been better. It's smoother, and I haven't had any new pimples for the longest time. I still get the occasional zits though(like this one I have right now). But I no longer break out like crazy, like before. Here's my regimen:

In the morning, I use Benzac AC 5. After it dries up, I use Celeteque moisturizer. After 10-15 minutes, I apply Neutrogena SPF 50 Dry Touch Sunblock. Then, I use Bare Minerals make-up. :)

At night, I use Isotrex. I don't use moisturizer anymore for I did a little research and I learned that using the latter lessens Isotrex's efficacy. :)

As for the initial breakout stage with Isotrex, I think I mine was pretty quick. But just so you know, it wasn't very bad. After a month of usage, my skin has cleared up drastically. You should stick with it. I promise, you won't regret it.

I've been using Isotrex Cream by the way. Now that I ran out, I purchased the Isotrex Gel since the pharmacy ran out of it in cream form. Does anyone know the difference between Isotrex Cream and Isotrex Gel? :)

MemberMember
(@mattyice96)

Posted : 11/20/2011 1:49 pm

Hey everyone sorry this is so late, but can anybody tell me if Isotrex/Isotrexin is available in the U.S, I'm from Virginia and have a derm. apointment in about a week and I really want this stuff but heard rumors it's not available in the U.S should I ask the derm or is it unavailable in the U.S please help! (a lot of questions, sorry)

MemberMember
(@jan1ce)

Posted : 11/22/2012 10:52 am

Hi guys! I just wanted to share my experience with ISOTREX. I know this is kinda late but this would probably still help you and the others who are thinking about using ISOTREX. First of all, I found out about this forum while i was researching about ISOTREX. My doctor had prescribed it after telling her that I have used benzoyl peroxide, erythromycin, adapalene, fha, miconazole (thats a lot in the regimen, right) as prescribed by my previous doctor. Well they worked but i was still having zits, etc.. I wanted to know if others thought ISOTREX was a good treatment for acne as I was getting really impatient. My acne became severe after I stopped using my treatments (and after several months of stress) and I wanted results fast!!! I never saw an improvement from ISOTREX after using it for two weeks so I went back to my doctor to tell her im worried. She reassured me that normally the acne comes out at first and but will eventually go away and that I should just trust in it. A month and still no results. So i stopped and tried other creams. Then I realized after so much reading that acne doesnt go away quickly and that I have to be patient. So I went back to ISOTREX, trusted my doctor's word and persevered few weeks of acne..What could go worse than already having acne, right?? After almost 4 months of using isotrex.. my FACE cleared up!!!!! it worked!!!! and the results are better!!! until now im still using it once in a while. the only thing i regretted are the scars that were caused by my pricking.. so dont prick at all!!!

here's my regimen:

am:

1. mild soap

2. clindamycin astringent

3. differin (adapalene is good for small acne)

pm:

1. mild soap

2. isotrex ( not to be used together with benzoyl peroxide. for me its best when used alone)

hope this helps guys.. just be really patient and prepare for the breakouts! :)