Notifications
Clear all

DESITIN Log:Starting Today!

MemberMember
(@tiad123)

Posted : 03/29/2010 5:35 pm

I just had to let everyone know about my trials with Desitin. I used Desitin original 40% zinc oxide. And it worked!!!!!! My face was so broken out from stress and a new birth control that I couldn't bear to go outside and face the world. I put Desitin all over my cheeks and face last night before I went to sleep and when I woke up almost all of my acne was gone!! Even my scars have started fading. My face was at least 70% better this morning. I am going to try it again tonight to see what happens in the morning! I'll keep you posted.

MemberMember
(@a4477)

Posted : 05/10/2011 3:27 pm

I just tried maximum strength Desitin today, that's the one with 40% zinc oxide, and i had 2 small pimples almost disppear, and one huge one is less than half the size it was this morning. I have a baby, so one day I figured I might as well try it on myself since it worked on his bum so well. I originally tried original Desitin, and I saw a little improvement, but not much. It only has 10% Zinc oxide. I am 34 and have had acne since I was 13 and nothing ever worked. NOTHING. Every product caused irritation, redness, and chapped skin. Neutrogena with Retinal A seemed like it worked at first, it cleared up one old acne scar, but nothing since then. I strongly recommend at least trying Desitin. If this baby ass cream really works completely I will keep you guys updated. Maybe they have zinc oxide pills? I used it today, then after a couple hours took a shower and washed it off. This stuff is so thick and pasty I might not have the time to deal with it every day. Anyone out there reseacrhed Zinc pils yet?

MemberMember
(@whitehead_is_here)

Posted : 05/10/2011 4:36 pm

does dis actually work in da long run?

MemberMember
(@worried_girl)

Posted : 08/22/2011 2:25 am

Well, i have normal to dry skin. And I break out frequently,mostly papules and pustules. So shall I try it?

But the next thing is I cant find the oroduct in my place. :( will it be available in supermatkets?

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 12/31/2012 1:21 am

Im back to the old soap and water technique which leaves my face feelin good everyday. I feel so good about my skin right now because girls are looking at me from the inside. It feels so good to know that there are people that don't care about appearnece as much. I have hormonal acne and it should go away in 2 years or so. Until then ill not worry about my face and hopefully progress my social life. My dad had the same problem as me, the red spots and all, but they went away when he was 17 and he doesn't even have scars. I can't wait for my hormones to get back to normal!

it beens 10 years since this boy (now a man) posted. if only he had known that desitin comes off if you use an oil to get it off. his posts and the posts of others show just how effective zinc oxide is. i hope his acne cleared up in "two years" like he said it did.

MemberMember
(@aabidah)

Posted : 04/10/2013 11:30 pm

Lol, at the above 10 years later post...

Anyway, I found this post from searching other posts from different internet sites...I just signed up because the above was so hilarious and two, because the Desitin does work well at clearing up a facial diaper rash. I highly recommend using it. There aren't many negative reviews on using it either. I'm on day two of Desitin Maximum Strength, its creamy, with 40% zinc oxide. Powerful stuff, I must say. I had mild acne but as a female, that was severe lol...Happy its going away & I hope people give it a try.

Here is how I've used it for the past two days. Wash face with my face wash at night, pat dry, apply Desitin heavily to the affected area (rubbing it in but its still very white) and then globbing a bit on the exact pimple...It feels kind of tingly on any open spots (I had a few tiny whiteheads)...Sleep. Next morning, wash off with face wash and dayum. I had to wake my husband up to show him. BTW, he doesn't know that I used baby butt cream lol..But even he could see a huge difference in "whatever I did" ...

Try it! :-)