Notifications
Clear all

DESITIN Log:Starting Today!

MemberMember
(@sara)

Posted : 10/10/2002 4:28 am

hey, how do u apply Desitin, directly on ur red marks or in ur acne prone area?And did you breakout from it?

thanks

MemberMember
(@tranceownz)

Posted : 10/10/2002 7:38 am

Hey sara. Well, no you don't break out from it and you just apply it to your red marks. It's helped minutely for some people by putting it on the acne itself but Desiten is really good just to clear up the red marks by turning it back to it's normal color. Not sure how it works really but some things in life you can't explain. These things are..........magic. Heh

-Shawn-

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/10/2002 10:02 pm

Yea freaky d a.k.a. "jeetz" was the one that brought the desiten idea to this board, as far as I know anyway. Ive used the desiten a few times and I didnt notice a huge difference, but I also didnt use it continuously. I just wanted to throw some credit his way for bringing that to the board.

MemberMember
(@sm)

Posted : 10/11/2002 10:44 am

i have some questions. i have some brown spots (i have darker skin so they are brown not red) on my face from where i previously had acne. will desiten help make them fade away? should i just apply it to the spots directly or all over my face? also how long does it usually take for the spots to fade away when using the medicine? how often and when do you apply it? thanks for any help

MemberMember
(@mercury)

Posted : 10/11/2002 12:58 pm

I've begun using desetin all over my face. Before I was using desetin on just my red marks and the BP on my pimples....but the desetin seems to be working better than the BP to rid my acne,so now I just put the BP on during the day, and use the desetin at night all over my face.

MemberMember
(@qweasd1376)

Posted : 10/11/2002 2:15 pm

i was searching desitin through drugstore.com, and i found Desitin, but it says its a Diaper Rash Ointment, Hypoallergenic. Is that the same one you guys use or is it different?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/11/2002 3:44 pm

Yea thats right. The best spot treatment found is actually for baby ass.

MemberMember
(@gregg_has_acne)

Posted : 10/11/2002 4:15 pm

Hey guys, its been 2 busy days for me on Desitin without posting and the results keep getting better except i got 1 pimple from shaving yesterday. I have sensitive skin and it seems like Desitin is too strong for me under my eyes. I also found out that Desitin has worked for my body acne! Yes my body acne is fading! I love that word, fading. Anyways, my face doesn't itcy anymore, the BP made my face itch, and when i sweat, i dont have a "milk face" due to over moisturizing. Maybe a product similar to Desitin (with Zinc Oxide) should be created to fight acne. At least for my hormonal, red-spotted acne, Desitin is doing wonders!

MemberMember
(@jsrogersro5)

Posted : 10/12/2002 4:18 am

How much desitin do you use? I pretty much have been using a little, and rubbing it in, theres not much residue when im done applying. Do you guys use more? DO you guys use the desitin creamy or ointment?

MemberMember
(@jsrogersro5)

Posted : 10/12/2002 4:19 am

How much desitin do you use? I pretty much have been using a little, and rubbing it in, theres not much residue when im done applying. Do you guys use more? DO you guys use the desitin creamy or ointment?

MemberMember
(@mercury)

Posted : 10/12/2002 11:56 am

I use the creamy kind. I don't rub it in, I can't remember who but somebody around here said you should just put it on. So thats what I do, and my face looks as white as a ghost when I put it on! I just want to find a way to make it dry on my face quickly...because right now, it never dries completly,so most of it will come off onto your pillow at night. Thats why you should put it on a good 4-5 hours before sleep. I think that putting baby powder or something like that lightly over the desiten should help dry it up whithout ruining the effects. I'll still have to experemint with that one though.

MemberMember
(@gregg_has_acne)

Posted : 10/12/2002 12:05 pm

I use the ointment. When I woke up today, my face was still white! I didnt know what to do. My face is still white right now because i cant wash it off! I applied it on 1/2 of my face and it looks weird. I waited 4 hours last night after appling to go to bed as usual but when i woke up this morning my dad said "gregg, why is your face all white?", I looked in the mirror and i guess the Desitin didn't soak in completely over night or something... Does anyone use Desitin 2 times a day? Like during the day and when you sleep? Im gonna stay home today and try it.

MemberMember
(@erik)

Posted : 10/12/2002 12:46 pm

I started using Desitin since Tuesday and the first night I used it, I just dabbed it on the red marks, but last night, I decided to see how it would work if I rubbed it in till it 'disappeared'. It worked better than just dabbing it on. When you rub it in, til' the point you can barely see the white, it pretty much dries up quickly, so you dont have to worry about getting anything on your pillow. I know its hard getting that stuff off in the morning, BUT do what I did last night, then use a cleanser (I use a cleanser with micro beads, which really smooths out your skin especially after using Desitin).

MemberMember
(@gregg_has_acne)

Posted : 10/12/2002 7:09 pm

Eric, are you using the creamy Desitin cause im using the ointment. I will try out what you said tonight, wish me luck!

MemberMember
(@erik)

Posted : 10/12/2002 8:48 pm

yea im using the ointment. it might be a little hard to rub it in to the point where you cant really see it.

let us know how it worked out.

also, if your using any other OTC meds, you might wanna check out Pure Zone by L'oreal Paris if nothing else is working. :D

MemberMember
(@sara)

Posted : 10/13/2002 12:36 am

which one is better the creamy Desitin or the ointment? Which one were we suppose to use? anyone know?

thanks

MemberMember
(@gregg_has_acne)

Posted : 10/13/2002 11:08 am

Aw man, i think im gonna lay off Desitin for a couple nights. It has "bleached" my face white. Damn, im gonna turn into Micheal Jackson soon... Anyways, my dad said its making me look like a freak today so im going to try just washing my face twice a day for a couple days. :D

MemberMember
(@mcp217)

Posted : 10/13/2002 11:24 am

I tried the Desitin a few weeks ago - maybe some of you remember my posting "Scientific experiment with Desitin want to join" or something like that. I was going to post results over a regular basis but I didn't because...

I put Creamy Desitin on the first night and the next morning I woke up with 5 new zits!!! The bad kind!!! At that point I had not gotten any new zits for a month, so it is pretty clear what caused the breakout, and I haven't gotten any new ones since then either.

I put a thin layer of Desitin over both cheeks, my problem area, instead of just dabbing it on the red marks. Maybe that was the problem. But it could be just my body reacting differently - I have reacted great to the regimen, and as I recall Jeetz did not which was why he tried this to begin with.

I say do what works and congrats for your success. -M.

MemberMember
(@erik)

Posted : 10/13/2002 12:03 pm

Aw man, i think im gonna lay off Desitin for a couple nights. It has "bleached" my face white. Damn, im gonna turn into Micheal Jackson soon... Anyways, my dad said its making me look like a freak today so im going to try just washing my face twice a day for a couple days. :D

LOL@micheal jackson

how much do you put on? you might wanna use less next time, that might help a little :D

MemberMember
(@mercury)

Posted : 10/13/2002 1:08 pm

I have trouble getting it off to, but what I'll do is let the hot water from my shower wash my face while I gently rub it with my hands. Afterwards, any desitin still left on my face will get washed off when I wash my face with my cleanser. I'll have to try rubbing it in from now on, to see what results I get. So far the desitin has been doing a good job, but I found out that it's not a miracle drug.

MemberMember
(@erik)

Posted : 10/14/2002 11:20 am

for some reason when i wake up its all gone, cant even notice a trace of Desitin, not even on my pillow. but my marks fade down though.

MemberMember
(@erik)

Posted : 10/14/2002 11:23 am

for some reason when i wake up its all gone, cant even notice a trace of Desitin, not even on my pillow. but my marks fade down though.

MemberMember
(@slide)

Posted : 10/14/2002 12:19 pm

Erik, your name sounds somewhat scandinavian...if that's the case, how did you get the desitin?

MemberMember
(@erik)

Posted : 10/14/2002 12:23 pm

^^check other post.... i bought it at wal-mart (united states)

MemberMember
(@gregg_has_acne)

Posted : 10/15/2002 6:08 pm

Im back to the old soap and water technique which leaves my face feelin good everyday. I feel so good about my skin right now because girls are looking at me from the inside. It feels so good to know that there are people that don't care about appearnece as much. I have hormonal acne and it should go away in 2 years or so. Until then ill not worry about my face and hopefully progress my social life. My dad had the same problem as me, the red spots and all, but they went away when he was 17 and he doesn't even have scars. I can't wait for my hormones to get back to normal!