Notifications
Clear all

Is this Rosacea?? Pls help dermatologists

MemberMember
(@clo223)

Posted : 01/17/2022 5:47 pm

B5263D18-CBBC-4C4E-BCAC-A0CCB32DA7CE.jpeg.a79c5d04ad85b519ff7688b3448ca70f.jpeg0FAF38C5-8553-4ED5-93BB-1945B3297BE2.jpeg.75954df5f49f1ea739cf35206ff2c693.jpeg2522E138-B8E2-4551-A912-484F4B713AA2.jpeg.c496fe076bb7a9cc28672c91d4644b42.jpegPlease help its impossible to speak to a dermatologist, does this look like rosacea? My nose is constantly bright red I even have people comment asking why is it so red, i get dry skin on and around it and sometimes white heads too. The redness is worse on some days than others

MemberMember
(@goldenpizza)

Posted : 01/18/2022 7:09 am

Im not 100% sure but i would say that its more related to some allergy rather than rosacea, maybe lactose intolerance.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/18/2022 2:22 pm

Could be rosacea.

Could be contact dernatitis...how often are you wearing a mask, and what kind do you use?

Could be a product you're using...what are you using on yiur face?

Could be food related...

q

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 01/19/2022 2:29 pm

Rosacea only afflicts people over 30 or so. You look way too young but I can't tell completely from the pics.

I do see little bumps and maybe clogged pores but can't be totally sure of that either. It might be interesting to apply a small amount of benzoyl peroxide though and see if that helps it. If it does, it's just some clogged pores and inflammation.

MemberMember
(@clo223)

Posted : 02/01/2022 5:54 pm

On 1/18/2022 at 7:22 PM, quinzee said:

Could be rosacea.

Could be contact dernatitis...how often are you wearing a mask, and what kind do you use?

Could be a product you're using...what are you using on yiur face?

Could be food related...

q

I do wear a mask everyday for work but Ive had it long before masks unfortunately 🙁

On 1/19/2022 at 7:29 PM, Dan said:

Rosacea only afflicts people over 30 or so. You look way too young but I can't tell completely from the pics.

I do see little bumps and maybe clogged pores but can't be totally sure of that either. It might be interesting to apply a small amount of benzoyl peroxide though and see if that helps it. If it does, it's just some clogged pores and inflammation.

Hi yes I am in my 20s! Dr recently prescribed me epiduo gel and brimonidine cream(didnt even see my skin only a phone call appointment)!! After reading reviews on the brimonide I wont be using it anyway. Ive suffered with it a while a lot of redness on and around my nose and large pores, I will try your suggestion thankyou

On 1/18/2022 at 12:09 PM, GoldenPizza said:

Im not 100% sure but i would say that its more related to some allergy rather than rosacea, maybe lactose intolerance.

Id not even thought about anything like that actually, thank you I will look into it!

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 02/18/2022 9:05 pm

On 2/1/2022 at 5:54 PM, clo223 said:

I do wear a mask everyday for work but I™ve had it long before masks unfortunately :(

Hi yes I am in my 20s! Dr recently prescribed me epiduo gel and brimonidine cream(didn™t even see my skin only a phone call appointment)!! After reading reviews on the brimonide I won™t be using it anyway. I™ve suffered with it a while a lot of redness on and around my nose and large pores, I will try your suggestion thankyou

I™d not even thought about anything like that actually, thank you I will look into it! 

If you suspect it's a light rosacea or a dermatitis, try doxycycline 50mg daily for a few months. You could also try Sodium Sulfacetamade wash but that's pretty strong and could affect your pores and I actually would rather suggest a low dose oral first because you seem to have clogged/bacteria I think doxy would help a lot with, especially if it's related to something every human has on their face but could be highly over-evident on some people, Demodex mites. Doxy and cleansers would nullify that over a few months.

It could be something else though. But either way you should treat the excess bacteria on your face and again my suggestion just from prior trial and error is to try doxycycline because it's effective on many things bacteria related that is unclear. It has a half life before liver filters it of around 22 hours, and a full life of 5 days. jmho. I think you could try it for a few months and see.

If that doesn't work you could try something else or get a better opinion of what could be the cause.

MemberMember
(@clo223)

Posted : 03/12/2022 10:53 am

On 2/19/2022 at 2:05 AM, harmlessboy1441 said:

If you suspect it's a light rosacea or a dermatitis,try doxycycline 50mg daily for a few months.You could also try Sodium Sulfacetamade wash but that's pretty strong and could affect your pores and I actually would rather suggest a low dose oral first because you seem to have clogged/bacteria I think doxy would help a lot with, especially if it's related to something every human has on their face but could be highly over-evident on some people, Demodex mites. Doxy and cleansers would nullify that over a few months.

It could be something else though. But either way you should treat the excess bacteria on your face and again my suggestion just from prior trial and error is to try doxycycline because it's effective on many things bacteria related that is unclear. It has a half life before liver filters it of around 22 hours, and a full life of 5 days. jmho. I think you could try it for a few months and see.

If that doesn't work you could try something else or get a better opinion of what could be the cause.

Thank you. I have tried doxycycline previously for spots and it didnt really make any difference. I have seen dermatologists under the nhs but they dont really seem bothered they just want to prescribe me creams via trial and error etc. Where do you recommend I can get a better opinion?

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 03/12/2022 7:15 pm

10 hours ago, clo223 said:

Thank you. I have tried doxycycline previously for spots and it didnt really make any difference. I have seen dermatologists under the nhs but they dont really seem bothered they just want to prescribe me creams via trial and error etc. Where do you recommend I can get a better opinion?

I understand how you feel, as for other things I've gone to like 5 dermatologists and most make 15 minutes for you and move on like a conveyor belt. That's how it is. You have to keep going for more opinions and peruse reviews and try to find some good ones. You might want to search the local hospital networks. I don't know where you are but the major hospitals have networks like schools and trainees and I've found it either very very good or sometimes bad. This neurologist I went to at a hospital/school network literally gave me the works for testing.

Doxycycline is a very good drug as it actually "invades" the cell or structure and attempts to destroy bacteria or other things that other drugs can't reach. That's why I suggested that one in particular.

It could be a combination of things. If you have any other symptoms on any other parts of your body that would be helpful in identifying this. It could be rosacea and something else like sebborhic dermatitis and/or even just bacteria for some reason, which doxycycline should help for but it takes the right dosage and several months.

Several things I would consider are:

Doxycycline

Over the counter T-Gel by neutrogena (it's strong shampoo that elminates any psoriasis or sebbhoric dermatits and inflammation on the scalp). If you have dandruff then try this. Wash hair with it, then wash again first day leave in for 5 minutes and rinse.

Sodium sulfacetamide wash (this is very irritating I would suggest this on body mostly and I would only put on aggravated pores if doctor thinks it would help). Mainly I would use this on my body as a cleanser on "healthier" skin like (not to be gross) but more private areas or underarms. It helps the overall body's health.

Lastly, ketaconazole cream. Ketaconazole is a fungal cream (2% usually). This is fairly safe on the face. I would suggest trying this if your doctor thinks you have a fungal thing going on, or specifically fungal bacteria. Basically this is something called " Malassezia yeast" something like that where your immunity is weak and it overgrows. Ketaconazole over days/weeks helps this. This is also used for "jock itch" and other fungal infections. Actually there's a ketaconozale shampoo too but the above T-gel is over the counter and will tell you instantly if you need something like that (your hair will be less oily, itch less instantly etc).

Lastly, lastly, moisturize. For sensitive skin moisturizer can take a while for the face/body to get use to it. I would buy $18 cerave moisturizing CREAM (not lotion) and use it at least nightly. Apply generously and let it absorb over the night. I wouldn't moisturize necessarily so long as you feel you have active bacteria on your face though as I would try treatments before/during moisturizing. I would also do this. Moisturize over the night then apply a thin layer of ketaconozale in the morning for 3 hours to "soak in" then wash. The ketaconozale is strong enough to where you can put a layer over the (mostly absorbed by the morning) moisturizer effectively then take a shower 3 hours later in the morning. Don't leave ketaconozale on overnight, I just used it like when I wake up at 5am, my moisturizer is mostly absorbed, I put a thin layer of ketaconozale onmy face over the remaining moisturizer left and then shower at 8am. This feels really beneficial this way on sensitive skin/pores.

Get a doctor and if he can't give you a proper diagnosis that works, just cite the above to him/her and tell him you want to try this. I would highly suggest trying a oral as well along with things, doxy takes weeks/months sometimes to work. Doxy is especially helpful in suppressing bacteria and/or some dermatitis. You're pores look like bacteria or fungal bacteria to be honest. You need to attack this thing and try lots of things to see what works. I would suggest against all steroids if you're prescribed any. That is unless you have a reasonable basis to believe that whatever you have is only solved with a steroid, I would avoid it due to side effects.

PST Me if you have any questions.

MemberMember
(@clo223)

Posted : 03/21/2022 5:40 pm

On 3/13/2022 at 12:15 AM, harmlessboy1441 said:

I understand how you feel, as for other things I've gone to like 5 dermatologists and most make 15 minutes for you and move on like a conveyor belt. That's how it is. You have to keep going for more opinions and peruse reviews and try to find some good ones. You might want to search the local hospital networks. I don't know where you are but the major hospitals have networks like schools and trainees and I've found it either very very good or sometimes bad. This neurologist I went to at a hospital/school network literally gave me the works for testing.

Doxycycline is a very good drug as it actually "invades" the cell or structure and attempts to destroy bacteria or other things that other drugs can't reach. That's why I suggested that one in particular. 

It could be a combination of things. If you have any other symptoms on any other parts of your body that would be helpful in identifying this. It could be rosacea and something else like sebborhic dermatitis and/or even just bacteria for some reason, which doxycycline should help for but it takes the right dosage and several months.

Several things I would consider are:

Doxycycline

Over the counter T-Gel by neutrogena (it's strong shampoo that elminates any psoriasis or sebbhoric dermatits and inflammation on the scalp). If you have dandruff then try this. Wash hair with it, then wash again first day leave in for 5 minutes and rinse. 

Sodium sulfacetamide wash (this is very irritating I would suggest this on body mostly and I would only put on aggravated pores if doctor thinks it would help). Mainly I would use this on my body as a cleanser on "healthier" skin like (not to be gross) but more private areas or underarms. It helps the overall body's health.

Lastly, ketaconazole cream. Ketaconazole is a fungal cream (2% usually). This is fairly safe on the face. I would suggest trying this if your doctor thinks you have a fungal thing going on, or specifically fungal bacteria. Basically this is something called " Malassezia yeast" something like that where your immunity is weak and it overgrows. Ketaconazole over days/weeks helps this. This is also used for "jock itch" and other fungal infections. Actually there's a ketaconozale shampoo too but the above T-gel is over the counter and will tell you instantly if you need something like that (your hair will be less oily, itch less instantly etc).

Lastly, lastly, moisturize. For sensitive skin moisturizer can take a while for the face/body to get use to it. I would buy $18 cerave moisturizing CREAM (not lotion) and use it at least nightly. Apply generously and let it absorb over the night. I wouldn't moisturize necessarily so long as you feel you have active bacteria on your face though as I would try treatments before/during moisturizing. I would also do this. Moisturize over the night then apply a thin layer of ketaconozale in the morning for 3 hours to "soak in" then wash. The ketaconozale is strong enough to where you can put a layer over the (mostly absorbed by the morning) moisturizer effectively then take a shower 3 hours later in the morning. Don't leave ketaconozale on overnight, I just used it like when I wake up at 5am, my moisturizer is mostly absorbed, I put a thin layer of ketaconozale on my face over the remaining moisturizer left and then shower at 8am. This feels really beneficial this way on sensitive skin/pores.

Get a doctor and if he can't give you a proper diagnosis that works, just cite the above to him/her and tell him you want to try this. I would highly suggest trying a oral as well along with things, doxy takes weeks/months sometimes to work. Doxy is especially helpful in suppressing bacteria and/or some dermatitis. You're pores look like bacteria or fungal bacteria to be honest. You need to attack this thing and try lots of things to see what works. I would suggest against all steroids if you're prescribed any. That is unless you have a reasonable basis to believe that whatever you have is only solved with a steroid, I would avoid it due to side effects.

PST Me if you have any questions.

Thank you for taking the time to try and help me! Will try again at the derm but yes like you say it is like I go in and they just prescribe me the first drug they can think of to get rid of me and move onto the next person. I have added another photo (ignore the emojis i used to cover up my face) andmy nose in particular is always bright red I have people asking me if I™m cold because it™s red! It™s really frustrating, I do already use CeraVe moisturiser and a Cetaphil face wash i don™t use anything else 🙁

CAF7367B-1FB4-455F-81B4-BD2BAE5C20AF.jpeg.227fea1dd4341859ad014f15ecfe8486.jpeg

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 03/21/2022 6:31 pm

I'm not really sure why people say that because some people just have red skin like rosacea. I do on my nose and area that goes towards my cheeks. Personally I'm more concerned if your pores are clogged or something's going on. It might be a mix of things like rosacea + seborrhicdermatitis or something. Given doctors are just guesstimating it might be wise to just try a few strong but generic things.

Try T-Gel with Nizoral for your hair, try things like ketaconazole cream for your face maybe it's a facial fungal overgrowth and try a pill like doxy or another anti-bacterial if you have bacterial issues. Most of those things help rosacea and sebbhoric dermatitis as well.

But if your skin is just predisposed to be red in certain spots like me it's really just genetics like rosacea and you can't cure those things just manage and make them better.

Try anti-bacterial and anti-fungal like above. Again, over the counter face wash won't do much. You need something that hits the pores. That means oral or prescription topical. The only OTC I suggest are t-gel and nizoral shampoo which are strong enough to help any hair issues if it's affecting your facial areas like sebbhoric dermatitis does.

MemberMember
(@hws-wardhangmail-com)

Posted : 04/11/2022 12:19 pm

Hello!! I just became a member today..yep you are 100% showing initial stage of rosacea(as you have mentioned its more red some days). How Im sure bcoz I suffer from it from the last 15 years and Im just 29 today so whoever says that Rosacea affects people after 30 is a big myth.Now coming to your problem buddy you need to understand Rosacea is a lifelong skin disease and everybody reacts differently to it. Its more red some days and mild the other days(thats the nature of rosacea).Alter your lifestyle and eating habits otherwise this disease has the potential to disrupt your life as its known to become severe with age..,same has happened to me and there was absolutely nobody to guide me as a result I suffer from a severe rosacea today. There are 2 components to look out for..(1)the food you eat bcoz what you put inside your gut will directly impact rosacea.(2)avoiding sunlight on face by using sunblock spf 50 or using a hat. Major reasons for rosacea becoming severe is consuming inflammatory diet(non-veg,alcohol,dairy,chocolate,junk,eggs,sugary food,smoke). Change your diet for 10 days and eliminate all these foods I mentioned and go full vegan and you might see drastic improvement,, its also needed to use a good moisturiser free of alcohol to maintain your skin hydration as dry skin will only make it worse.Rosacea if contained in initial stage(yours) will not bother much but if you continue with your same lifestyle will only bring pain to you.Theres a direct connection between your gut health and Rosacea( always drink lots of water,fruits,veggies). I used to have everything from alcohol to non veg to sugary foods but had to give all that up and Im a vegan since last 4 years and seen drastic improvement in my redness. Your nose is red always its called flushing( a term in rosacea)bcoz of inflammation of your gut.Look out what food suits your skin,you will have to experiment a lot withdiet and see what food is giving you redness..,thats something every rosacea sufferer has to try on his own. Thanks hope it helps.

MemberMember
(@aefnettieyahoo-com)

Posted : 06/01/2022 1:15 pm

My mom has been suffering from redness on her face due to rosacea. She tried different creams but nothing was working. She had to put compact powder on her face to hide the redness. But after three weeks of using Dermalmd rosaceal cream, she no longer needed to put compact power; the redness on her face went away.

MemberMember
(@jesseyjay)

Posted : 04/12/2023 11:56 pm

Posted by: @clo223

B5263D18-CBBC-4C4E-BCAC-A0CCB32DA7CE.jpeg.a79c5d04ad85b519ff7688b3448ca70f.jpeg0FAF38C5-8553-4ED5-93BB-1945B3297BE2.jpeg.75954df5f49f1ea739cf35206ff2c693.jpeg2522E138-B8E2-4551-A912-484F4B713AA2.jpeg.c496fe076bb7a9cc28672c91d4644b42.jpegPlease help its impossible to speak to a dermatologist, does this look like rosacea? My nose is constantly bright red I even have people comment asking why is it so red, i get dry skin on and around it and sometimes white heads too. The redness is worse on some days than others

A

Hi, I have this exact problems rn. Did u ever find a solution?

thank you