Notifications
Clear all

Perioral Dermatitis? Rosacea? Allergy? (Pic)

MemberMember
(@skincaregal)

Posted : 03/03/2017 9:56 pm

Did you ever find anything to help? Looks like it could be perioral dermatitis to me? I just got this for the first time. Have you tried using Selsun Blue shampoo on the areas? I don't think it could hurt to try it for a week or two to see if anything improves. I am using Selsun Blue on my perioral dermatitis and then applying Lotrimin Ultra -- Seems to be clearing it all up! I also shampooed with the Selsun Blue and washed my eyebrows and eyelashes with it (with my eyes closed, obviously) to kill any potential demodex that could be causing the condition. Sounds weird but you can also apply Vagisil after the Lotrimin to relieve any pain.

MemberMember
(@just-call-me-ocd)

Posted : 03/04/2017 12:33 pm

Never an official diagnosis. After 4 rounds of chin peels (salicylic acid 20%) - 3 of which involved extractions - I am still working to stabilize things. I do think the peels helped, though I had an "ugly" period about 1.5 weeks after each peel. I continue to have these tiny bumps that come up and form whiteheads, then I extract them, they go away for a bit, and they seem to come back. I'm able to pull "plugs" out of some of them instead of popping. After my final peel (at least for a while), I restarted Retin-A 0.025% 2 weeks later. I've been using it nearly every night for the past month, as I used to. Any moisturizer breaks me out, so none of that. Retin-A seems to bring the pimples/bumps to the surface faster, but whereas I used to not even get pimples/bumps more than once or twice a month, they keep forming on a weekly basis now. I can't pinpoint triggers. I'm using Oracea, which is a godsend for inflammation. I'm still on Yaz and Spironolactone 100 mg, plus I added zinc gluconate 25 mg on 2/13, then increased it to 50 mg on 2/28. I feel like it helps with the inflammation and redness as well, though the whiteheads and random bumps continue. I do wonder if I'm sensitive to cinnamon flavoring, as I chew a lot (I mean a lot) of cinnamon gum, or if my detergent is breaking me out from where my pillowcases hit my face, or if I have a sensitivity to gluten/dairy/peanut butter, etc. But I seriously can't figure it out, nor am I willing to do any elimination diets. I'll probably start Tazorac 0.05% again soon since the weather is changing. I don't want to end up with horrendous breakouts like last spring/summer when the season changed and I wasn't using a retinoid more than twice per week. Weather is always a trigger for me. It can't decide whether it wants to be winter or spring yet, so I'm frustrated by that. I am either peeling or sweating. Dry or oily. Make up your mind! Haha. Again, I'm still doing way better than I was. I need to remember that. Tiny bumps and pinkness are nothing in comparison to cysts. I just have BDD. It will never be good enough for me.

MemberMember
(@xquarter_wolfx)

Posted : 09/23/2017 10:14 pm

No idea its probably irritated pimples or start of acne, could be an infection plz ask ur doctor

MemberMember
(@almond)

Posted : 01/14/2018 8:04 pm

On 3/4/2017 at 0:33 PM, Just Call Me OCD said:

I do wonder if I'm sensitive to cinnamon flavoring, as I chew a lot (I mean a lot) of cinnamon gum, or if my detergent is breaking me out from where my pillowcases hit my face, or if I have a sensitivity to gluten/dairy/peanut butter, etc. But I seriously can't figure it out, nor am I willing to do any elimination diets.

Just made an account to reply...

Hopefully this has all been resolved by now but right here are problems and solutions. Maybe this can help someone else.

You have attacked this with SO MANY chemicals, which I understand, but that's a causer of perioral dermatitis if that's what it is.
I get this similar "rash" on my chin and between my brows but more dry, flaky and "whiteheady". It's basically the only acne that happens to me and I'm far from any genetic jackpot... After cutting out dairy, eggs and gluten my skin (and life + mental health, really) was cured. No flouride, no SLS in shampoos or anything.This shows up on my face maybe 2x a year now for a few days because of hormonal imbalance... right now related to being late with my Depo-provera (which happens to clear all).
Quick Google search, second result- "Fluoride, sodium lauryl sulfate, tartar-control ingredients and cinnamon flavoring in your toothpaste may be aggravating your condition."

I know we're all different and this thread is ancient but I just want to put my experience out there and throw my cents in...