Notifications
Clear all

Why is my face so red/flushed?!

MemberMember
(@kelso57)

Posted : 09/08/2011 2:44 pm

im on accutane and my redness started when i first took minocycline, then i went on accutane when it didnt work..

i dont flush though... i hope i dont have rosacea

MemberMember
(@funkymonkey)

Posted : 09/12/2011 6:53 am

I have basically the exact same thing, but slightly worse and blotchy and paired with acne. really really annoying and all my friends have ridiculously perfect skin. I think my redness was caused by treating my skin quite harshly with acne products like proactiv. Im a guy and luckily i have sisters so i managed to steal so makeup which i use to cover up the redness and acne. Ive decided to go on accutane for my acne but i am having laser treatment for my facial redness in a few days which apparently works amazingly for rosacea and facial redness/flushing so ill let you know how the treatment goes. Im likely to have 2-3 treatments which are 100 bucks each, nothing for a permanent fix + the results are instant !!

So would you consider laser? Also ive heard ZENMED is really good for reducing redness :)

I think he won't be checking this few months old topic but I'd still be interested in hearing your results since I've got a similar problem to you, facial redness all across the face except for under the eyes, paired with some acne and dark spots on the skin. Do take pictures of before/after the laser if you can! That would be greatly appreciated.

Strangest thing about my redness is that when I JUST wake up, there's barely ANY redness at all, however after staying up for a while it starts becoming more red. I don't know whats up with that, even if I don't wash or touch my face, however if I do wash and apply moisturizer it becomes instantly red-ish quicker. And it's not the moisturizer I use.

Turns out laser was a no go, she said through using BP for the time i did that ive built up a lot of inflammation in my skin so laser treatment might backfire. However she did say that accutance should considerably help the inflammation so lets hope shes right.

And what you just said is exactly the same for me, i wake up and my complexion in pretty even, still slightly red but not very. Then as the day goes on its start getting super red. Its bloody annoying, i shower in the morning as well which doesn't help at all. It looks like ive got a really bad sunglass burn.

MemberMember
(@funkymonkey)

Posted : 09/12/2011 6:54 am

I have basically the exact same thing, but slightly worse and blotchy and paired with acne. really really annoying and all my friends have ridiculously perfect skin. I think my redness was caused by treating my skin quite harshly with acne products like proactiv. Im a guy and luckily i have sisters so i managed to steal so makeup which i use to cover up the redness and acne. Ive decided to go on accutane for my acne but i am having laser treatment for my facial redness in a few days which apparently works amazingly for rosacea and facial redness/flushing so ill let you know how the treatment goes. Im likely to have 2-3 treatments which are 100 bucks each, nothing for a permanent fix + the results are instant !!

So would you consider laser? Also ive heard ZENMED is really good for reducing redness :)

I think he won't be checking this few months old topic but I'd still be interested in hearing your results since I've got a similar problem to you, facial redness all across the face except for under the eyes, paired with some acne and dark spots on the skin. Do take pictures of before/after the laser if you can! That would be greatly appreciated.

Strangest thing about my redness is that when I JUST wake up, there's barely ANY redness at all, however after staying up for a while it starts becoming more red. I don't know whats up with that, even if I don't wash or touch my face, however if I do wash and apply moisturizer it becomes instantly red-ish quicker. And it's not the moisturizer I use.

Turns out laser was a no go, she said through using BP for the time i did that ive built up a lot of inflammation in my skin so laser treatment might backfire. However she did say that accutance should considerably help the inflammation so lets hope shes right.

And what you just said is exactly the same for me, i wake up and my complexion in pretty even, still slightly red but not very. Then as the day goes on its start getting super red. Its bloody annoying, i shower in the morning as well which doesn't help at all. It looks like ive got a really bad sunglass burn.

MemberMember
(@kelso57)

Posted : 09/12/2011 9:09 pm

i have the redness on upper cheeks+nose that started from minocycline then has stayed since im on accutane

i wake up fine then shower and u can see it... gets more red when i go in the sun...

i asked my derm if its rosacea and he said no its just from the accutane and will subside... maybe just ask ur derm about urs

MemberMember
(@tatiii)

Posted : 01/02/2019 12:07 pm

On 9/5/2011 at 6:13 AM, FunkyMonkey said:

Hey how did the treatment go ?