Notifications
Clear all

Face redder than body: EXFOLIATION (before/after)

MemberMember
(@sverd)

Posted : 04/30/2011 5:59 pm

Hello, I don't think I have rosacea but this is still relevant. I am fair skinned. When I look at pictures as myself as a child my skin tone matched my body. Now that I'm 20, its different. My entire face has a reddish tone and is clearly different from my neck, which is still white. I've tried Eucerin Redness Relief Lotion and while it does help with the redness, I still feel like I'm covering it up instead of solving the cause. Basically I'm just wondering why my entire face developed a different skin tone even in areas where I didn't get acne.

UPDATE: Ok I was doing some research and discovered this thing called exfoliation. Basically it removes the top layer of the skin and dead skin cells to reveal the fresh skin underneath. I didn't want to get my hopes up, but I went to walmart and bought a Neutrogena Sonic exoliating device and exfoliating pads, came home and tried it and.. whoa. My skin hasn't been this smooth and soft in years. My face is much more evenly toned, more in sync with my body. Its less red. I recommend you try it..

MemberMember
(@sanderella24)

Posted : 04/30/2011 7:24 pm

Oh man. I totally agree with you. I would of just used an an all natural cleaner and moisturizer. I regret ever using.peoducts on my face.

MemberMember
(@rockingredhead)

Posted : 04/30/2011 8:36 pm

same here :/ I'm begging my little sister to not start using products when she starts using acne. she can be my guinea pig lol

I find the center of my forehead and chin have like permanent slight redness...thanks BP

MemberMember
(@paulh85)

Posted : 04/30/2011 8:47 pm

Some days my face appears almost orange. It's strange because often it's not so bad and it's subtle. In those cases, people think I have a tan which I guess is kind of cool. But other times it really stands out. I remember a while ago someone took a picture of me on their phone and when I saw it, the first thing I noticed was how orange the flash made my face look.

The thing is, I've never quite been able to gauge just how it looks to other people so I'm not totally sure what they see in that respect.

I don't know what's caused it for sure and whenever I've mentioned this to my GP he starts talking about scarring and how scars will fade. Never quote figured out if he's just talking in general or if he's actually saying that the orange tone is like a form of scarring.

I would guess that it's down to the products I've used, or certainly the wrong products I used from the age of 13 until about 21. In fact, it's obvious because the skin tone on the rest of my body (where I've never used any of these products) is rather pale. didn't know any better and the soaps and stuff I used on my face were harsh, and full of fragrances and chemicals. Perhaps there are products I can use or things I can do to reverse it, but I can't help but think it could take about 8 years to reverse the 8 years worth of damage I did.

MemberMember
(@sverd)

Posted : 05/01/2011 1:54 am

By the way Eucerin Redness Relief lotion helps too.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/18/2011 6:54 pm

this is what pisses me off..

if you have acne and you do not treat it, it can get worse and scar...

if you treat it.. you can get side effects from medicine/topicals

WHAT THE FUCK DO WE DO?!

MemberMember
(@sukelai)

Posted : 06/14/2017 8:09 pm

I have the answer! Stop using chemicals! Look in the ingredients, most specifically the Active Ingredients, and look up what everything is. Stay away from alochols that dry your skin and pretty much anything that isn't a plant.