Notifications
Clear all

Solid Brush Cleanser - Beauty Blender and Sephora Brand

MemberMember
(@samb)

Posted : 12/10/2015 3:01 pm

Alright so I was just wondering if any of you ladies have used either the Beauty Blender or Sephora brand solid brush cleanser? I find it a bit of a chore cleaning makeup brushes so I just wanted to try something that wouldspeed it up a bit and thought that one of these would be a good option. I'm concerned about it potentially leaving residue on my brushes though and causing possible break outs? The one ingredient in both of these cleansers I'm mainly concerned about though would be the coconut acid... coconut oil breaks me out terribly so I'm not sure if coconut acid would or not... I can't seem to find any information about whether it's comedogenic or not :/. So yeah, just let me know if any of you have had any success witheither one of these cleansers please or if you know if this ingredient is comedogenic or not.

... Do you guys think that just plain Dove bar soap could work? Not sure if it would be too drying on makeup brushes or not :/.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 02/03/2016 5:54 pm

Dove soap is actually great! I just use that to get the gunk off all my brushes. Once I have squeezed out the excess water I spray the bristles with a bit of tea tree oil. It has antibacterial properties which makes sure your brushes are free of all them germs.