Notifications
Clear all

Best & Worst For Acne (Makeups & Moisturizers)

MemberMember
(@kkfourtyseven)

Posted : 08/28/2015 12:07 pm

Just a collection of some of the best and worst products I've tried. I've had acne for about a year, it was the worst around December 2014 - February 2015. I now deal with scarring. So no matter the severity of your acne, I hope this post will guide you through which products to use and which ones to avoid. *These are just my opinions, these products will work differently depending on your skin type*

Foundations:

Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation + Concealer

Full coverage foundation, good for all skin types :) (My rating: 4.5/5 stars)

I used this foundation every day when my acne was at it's worse. It is extremely full coverage, so it covered even my worst spots. Would recommend for moderate-severe acne. Some things I would like to point out:

-It feels pretty heavy on the skin, but this was not really a problem for me as I wore it mostly in the winter time. I am not currently using it because of the hot summer weather.

-If you're planning on using this foundation, you should shake it before each use. I don't really know if you're supposed to do that, but I noticed that if I didn't do this the color would change a bit. Shaking it also made it a bit thinner so it made it easier to apply.

-The shades run a little bit dark. I'm not even that pale, but I wear the lightest shade. Even then, it is still a bit too dark. However, if you have darker skin, this should not be a problem for you

-This foundation does dry out a bit during the day but it's not too bad. Just make sure you moisturize before putting it on.

- As far as my skin goes, I don't think this foundation broke me out at all. Most of Clinique's products work well with my sensitive skin.

Overall, I think it's a great foundation if applied right. It's a bit pricy but a little does go a long way, and it has amazing coverage plus it lasts all day. Just keep in mind that it's pretty heavy, not really good for hot weather (As I mentioned before). I love the wand applicator, makes spot concealing really easy.

Price:$27.00

Link: http://www.clinique.com/product/1599/34817/Makeup/Foundations/Beyond-Perfecting-Foundation-Concealer

Ready, Set Gorgeous Oil Free Foundation (Covergirl)

Oil-free foundation, NOT for dry skin. (My rating: 2 / 5 stars)

I used this foundation for about a week, the coverage was ok I guess, but it was a disaster for my dry skin:

-This foundation felt a bit greasy.

-Dried up really quickly, looked very cakey, dry, and cracked on my skin (one of my BIGGEST pet peeves) Even though I applied moisturizer before putting my makeup on.

-Looked really orangey and unnatural, however this may just be the shade I used (110)

-Doesn't last all day, and not the best coverage

-Broke me out a bit

Considering giving it another try now that my skin is a lot better and not dry. But for now I don't really recommend it, especially for those with dry skin.

Price: $7.99

Link: http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod10881168

Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24 Hr Foundation

Medium-Full Coverage Foundation. (My rating: 5 / 5 stars)

This is the foundation I currently use to cover my acne scars. It has excellent coverage and looks soft on the skin. I swear by it.

-Beautiful matte finish. Soft and smooth look.

-Very lightweight, but still with pretty full coverage.

-Shades run just a bit light but they are beautiful. Goes great with my natural skin tone

-Doesn't dry out at all, doesn't look too cakey and lasts all day.

-It does have SPF so just be aware of that if there will be flash photography. (I learned this the hard way when I wore it to a dance and had pictures taken :o didn't look terrible though.)

-I usually don't wear powder over this foundation, as I said before, it's just my preference- I don't like a powdery look.

-Product comes in a beautiful glass pump.

It's pretty pricy, but you get what you pay for (you only need a little bit to cover your whole face) This is definitely my favorite foundation.

Price: $46.50

Link: http://www.sephora.com/teint-idole-ultra-24h-P308201

For anyone who is wondering, I apply my foundation with a clean, damp beauty blender. I dot it around my face with my finger, focusing on my cheeks the most (thats my main problem area with scarring) and use the beauty blender to blend it in (I dont rub, just dab quickly with it) Sometimes I will add a little powder over this with a brush, but usually not.

I don't use a primer, I just clean & moisturize my face then go right in with the foundation.

And for removing my makeup, I use Neutrogena's makeup remover wipes then wash throughly with my CeraVe cleanser.

Moisturizers:

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

Moisturizer, helps dry skin but feels uncomfortable. (My rating: 3 / 5 stars)

I used this while I had really bad peeling, dry skin. It did help a lot but it tends to feel a bit sticky on the skin, I don't have that much to say about it besides that. It's an ok product, and from my experience, I think it's best if used right after the shower. It didn't break me out or anything, but it is pretty over-fragranced which I don't really like.

Price: $17.99

Link: http://www.target.com/p/neutrogena-hydro-boost-water-gel-facial-moisturizer-1-7-oz/-/A-16600123

Cera-Ve PM Moisturizer

Great moisturizer for dry, sensitive skin (My rating: 4.5 / 5 stars)

I've been using this moisturizer for a few months now. It's great :) It's very gentle on my sensitive, and since I've started using it I have had almost no peeling. I use it in addition to their cleanser.

I apply it all over right after my shower, let it soak in, then I go to bed. I wake up with my skin feeling nice and smooth.

Price: $10.39

Link: http://www.drugstore.com/cerave-facial-moisturizing-lotion-pm/qxp233353

Argan Oil

Good natural moisturizer. Might cause breakouts if not used in moderation. (My rating: 3.5 / 5 stars)

I applied this for a while when my skin was very dry. It's very oily so only apply a little bit. Do not use on already oily skin. Best when used before bed. Will feel oily when first applied, but it will soak in. If possible, only use a bit in the areas where your skin is the driest. Stop using if your skin starts to feel oily or if you start to break out from it.

Worked on me for a while, but only when I had dry skin. Again, I wouldn't recommend using it on normal or oily skin.

It usually comes in a small glass container with a pump or a little squeeze-dropper. Apply and rub in with your hands.

It's natural with a nice scent. You can buy it online, the pharmacy or at a local health foods store (I believe Sephora may have it as well, but it's overpriced) . Try to get only the organic kind with nothing extra added to it.

I also like using it on my cuticles (and even my hair sometimes) :) It's multipurpose, so if it doesn't work out for your skin, you can always find another use for it.

Price: Varies on the size of the container

Link: http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/shea-terra-organics-100-pure-moroccan-argan-oil-certified-organic/ID=prod6181078-product#descriptionNamedTab

So those were just some of the many makeup/moisturizers I've tried. On a different board I will discuss cleansers and topical treatments. Just wanted to share this with anyone who suffers acne like I did. I know its a pain in the ass, especially when you're looking for the right products to use. It's not fun to waste money on stuff that doesn't work, or makes your skin worse.

If you want to share and discuss any products you've used feel free to on this topic. I'd love to hear about them. And if you have any other questions about the products I've talked about, I'll try to answer them.

~Kay

MemberMember
(@finecrop)

Posted : 08/29/2015 12:42 am

Great post. Thanks

MemberMember
(@robertsmithjune2022gmail-com)

Posted : 07/28/2022 5:29 am

letrozole 2.5 mg This medication is used to treat clear sorts of bosom malignant growth in women after menopause. This is likewise used to assist with preserving the malignant growth from returning. A few heart conditions are made to become quicker by a characteristic chemical called estrogen. which has had different treatments, for example, radiation or medical system to eliminate the growth.