Notifications
Clear all

Going Au Naturale ?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/08/2014 11:10 am

This is a very brave thing to do and in my lifetime I've only left the house a couple of times without make-up.

As counter intuitive as it might sound, for me, wearing make-up (at least foundation) is better for my skin. When I don't wear make-up I find my face gets extremely oily a couple of hours later and I am much more tempted to touch and pick at my acne when I have nothing on my face. I tried going make-up free around my house for a few weeks and it did nothing to improve my skin, and I just picked at it more. I use a small amount of mineral full coverage powder but I feel that when it's on I don't touch my face or worry about how I look as much.

I don't feel like you need to use a very heavy liquid/cream foundation to feel confident. Although my make-up is supposed to be full coverage it doesn't cover all my acne marks/spots completely and I don't mind, it evens out my skin tone and covers redness but still looks like skin. I spent years trying drug store foundations and wondering why it looked awful on my skin and looked good on all the other girls and have come to the conclusion that liquid foundations just don't work with my skin.

MemberMember
(@cupcakejess)

Posted : 03/10/2014 5:20 pm

People treat me differently when I wear makeup, like they accept me more, because my face doesn't only have acne, it is also red and flushed in the middle of the day, so makeup has been my best friend. I don't want to have to rely on it forever, though, I want to have a perfect face so that I don't have to be tied down trying to cover my face everyday.

MemberMember
(@dscully)

Posted : 03/18/2014 1:19 pm

You're braver than me! I didn't go without until my skin cleared up. Now I feel fab without it, but still wear a little foundation just to look put together in the morning.